Studio DC-featuring the Muppets

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I just saw a new commercial for a show called Studio DC: Almost Live, starring the Muppets! It starts on the Disney Channel Sunday, August 3rd, at 8:00 PM. I assume it's going to be a full show and not one of those 5-minute behind the scenes shorts (it starts at 8:00, not 7:55 like those shorts do). The show will feature the Muppets going behind the scenes of Disney Channel shows and interacting with the stars.

It's great to Muppets are back on television! :D

Mufasa's Pride

Here is some more info I dug up on the special:

http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2008/07/studio-dc-almost-live-moves-to-august.html

As previously reported, The Muppets have teamed up with the Disney Channel stars for an all-new variety show special. "Studio DC: Almost Live!", originally slated for a July premiere, has since been rescheduled and is now set to make its bit debut on Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 8:00pm ET/PT (check your local listings for details). The half-hour variety show will feature special appearances by Miley Cyrus, Ashley Tisdale, Dylan & Cole Sprouse, Jonas Brothers, and (of course) the Muppets. The special will feature singing and dancing, comedy sketches and the backstage antics of the original Disney Channel variety show.

Highlights of the program include Miley Cyrus performing her hit song "GNO" with the help of the Electic Mayhem; Kermit the Frog and Ashley Tisdale performing "Bop to the Top" (from High School Musical); Miss Piggy's failing attempts to join Nick, Joe and Kevin for a musical number (posing as a long-lost Joanas Sister); Kermit and Gonzo join the cast of "The Suite Life" for a comedic skit; plus much more.

You won't want to miss this all-new musical extravaganza, as a second "Studio DC" special featuring the Muppets is already planned to air on Disney Channel sometime fall. So be sure to re-mark your calendars, and prepare for this brand-new Muppet show. I will be sure to keep you updated with more information on the premiere of this long-awaited television event as details become available.

Looks like this special will be around 22 minutes in length since it is scheduled for a 30 minute slot. And if it is popular enough, looks like we will be seeing more specials!

Can't wait! Thanks for the tip darthjohnny!

darthjohnny

Original Poster
That's great that they plan to make more. Hopefully they'll become popular enough to feature these specials on a regular basis.

Think the new show will have a version of the original Muppet Show opening theme?

figmntal95

Hey Darth , it's your old buddy Figment!

I already posted a thread like this somewhere... but whatever.

Anyway, they do plan to make more of these Studio DC Specials, so I've heard.

To add some more info on the special:

-The Snowths (the two pink cow-like creatures who sing backup for Mahna Mahna in the classic song from Episode 1), will also be performing with Miley Cyrus and The Electric Mayhem in GNO.

Some things I'd like to see, or see in the future:

- A Guitar battle between Floyd and Janice against whoever plays guitar or bass in the Jonas Brothers, with the Jo Bros suffering a crushing defeat :fork:

-Scooter (being performed by Brian Henson or Ricky Boyd.)

-Original Muppet songs as well as classics being performed.

-Duets featuring a celebrity and a Muppet (like Rowlf and Miley Cyrus)

-Bobo the Bear as the security guard

-My favorite Suite Life Character, Arwin, performing with one of my favorite Muppets (Scooter, Floyd, Zoot, Dr. Teeth, Bobo to name a few.)

-DC stars acting in Classic Muppet Skits (Muppet Labs, Pigs in Space, Swedish Chef, and maybe even At the Dance)

Anyway... looking forward to seeing it.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
They could go on forever with these specials whenever there's a new show/movie/someone's album coming out, etc....

I noticed from the looks of things they did this show (or at least parts of it) before December 2007. I wonder what took so long to show premiere it. Was it because all the other Disney Channel stars were doing other things so it took a long time to get all the shots? :shrug:

lilo091701

My family and I are excited for this!!!

Brings me back to my childhood....Sat. night at Grandmas watching The Muppet's:dazzle::p

My dd does not believe me!!!

MousDad

Saw the premier last night. My kids were really looking forward to it, and liked it alot. I thought it was good as well. It was nice seeing the old Muppets back in action.

The anti-Disney Channel crowd will really not like this, though. It is, essentially, promotion for all the Disney Channel franchises. In other words, Disney Channel is using the Muppets to promo their product.

That being said, the Muppets were the best part of the show, as was to be expected.

Mufasa's Pride

I couldn't of thought of a better way to introduce the Muppet characters to a whole new generation. The show definately served its purpose in that regard. Although I didn't care for much of the Disney Channel aspects, I am very pleased to see new Muppet material. Hopefully this was popular enough to spawn more Muppet themed specials!

DDuckFan130

I really enjoyed it. Admittedly, I'm a fan of Hannah Montana, Suite, Life, etc....so this wasn't a real sacrifice on my part to watch. However, I definitely think the Muppets stole the show and I agree that the Muppets have been introduced to a new audience.

My favorite scene was Kermit singing with Ashley Tisdale and Miss Piggy butting in :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Mufasa's Pride

http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/

Catch the Muppets in "Studio DC" Again

For all of you who missed last night's big premiere of "Studio DC: Almost Live" on Disney Channel (or for all of you who just want to catch it again), the Muppet-filled television special is set to re-air several times this week. Disney Channel plans on re-airing "Studio DC: Almost Live" on:

Monday, August 4, 2008 at 2:05 PM
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 5:00 PM
Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM
Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 6:30 PM
The half-hour variety show featured Miley Cyrus performing with the Electic Mayhem; the Muppets joining the cast of "The Suite Life" for an original comedy sketch; Kermit and Ashley Tisdale performing "Bop to the Top"; Miss Piggy's failing attempts to join the Jonas Brothers; and much more.

A second "Studio DC" special starring the Muppets is tentitivly slated to air on the Disney Channel in October 2008. The follow-up special is said to include such Disney Channel stars as Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and the Cheetah Girls.

So be sure to set the VCR and mark your calendars so you don’t miss "Studio DC: Almost Live!" (again). And I will be sure to keep you updated on the future of "Studio DC" and the Muppets on Disney Channel.

Looks like we might be seeing a new special in October!

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Thanks for the info Mufasa's Pride.

The only thing about this show I was surprised of was that did anyone else think the show was going to be more of the Muppets hosting the show with the Disney Channel stars as guests? It was kind of the other way around.

comics101

Thanks for the info Mufasa's Pride.

The only thing about this show I was surprised of was that did anyone else think the show was going to be more of the Muppets hosting the show with the Disney Channel stars as guests? It was kind of the other way around.

Yeah, that was the one thing about the show I didn't like too much.

erasure fan1

The anti-Disney Channel crowd will really not like this, though. It is, essentially, promotion for all the Disney Channel franchises. In other words, Disney Channel is using the Muppets to promo their product.

That was my biggest complaint. It felt like one giant Disney channel commercial. Of course thats all it was supposed to be I guess. It was nice to see my FAVORITE characters back on tv I just hope we start to get a bit more effort from Disney.

Long live the muppets!!!!!!!!!

Mufasa's Pride

Some more new/old information on the 2nd Studio DC special PLUS some rumors on more new Muppet TV specials and the long-awaited movie!

Disney is planning a set of Muppets TV specials slated to air this fall, and a new holiday special for next Christmas – all leading up to an all-new theatrical film.

As previously reported, a second "Studio DC" special is already slated to air on the Disney Channel in October 2008. The special, a follow-up to last month's "Studio DC: Almost Live", is aimed at introducing teens and "tweens" to the Muppet characters by pairing the characters with such Disney Channel stars as Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and the Cheetah Girls.

Now for the more grown-up fans, the Muppet are working on another television special which will focus on politics, patriotism and presidential polling. Muppet Studios is currently planning a prime-time Election Special starring the Muppets. This all-new television special will air in November 2008, just in time to coincide with the 2008 presidential election.

But that’s not all! Disney is also developing a brand-new Christmas Special starring the Muppets as well. The studio is planning this special for a Christmas 2009 release. While the details of this special are being kept under wraps (as release is over a year away), I have been told that Disney is hoping that this all-new holiday extravaganza will become an enduring holiday classic that families can enjoy year after year.

And remember all the rumblings of a new Muppet movie that surfaced this past spring? Well, I've been told that all these television projects are planned to lead up to the big theatrical event. Disney executives are currently looking at a 2010 release for the Muppets' next big screen adventure. The new film, written by Jason Segel and Nick Stoller, will feature the Muppets reuniting to put on a big show.

http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Sounds great. Thanks for the info Mufasa's Pride. I'm assuming that the Election Special will air on ABC and maybe the Christmas one as well (although that could easily be shown on Disney Channel, ABC, and ABC Family). I can't wait until all the new Muppet shows and film comes out. :D

TimontheGreat

This show really is great, but I am a little dissapointed because I thought it was going to be a frequent show with now episodes every 2-3 weeks ( like Phinneas and Ferb or Wizzards of Waverly Place )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom