Struggling Six Flags

Mecha Figment

I rarely go to six flags here in atlanta lately
the gangs like to hang out there and it can get a but unruly waiting in long lines at times.

LuLaSue

I haven't been to 6 flags in some time. The last time I was there all I wanted to do was :brick: . It is not fun anymore. The people in attendence are rude,disrespectful and the park itself is filthy.

hokielutz

I haven't been to 6 flags in some time. The last time I was there all I wanted to do was :brick: . It is not fun anymore. The people in attendence are rude,disrespectful and the park itself is filthy.

That is exactly true of the Maryland/D.C. based park. I went there in August with neighbors, but it was so sad and depressing when I saw the following:
-snack stands only had half of what they listed on their menus
-one employee did an open mike rap session to try and promote the carnival games
-benches and tables were stripped of paint
-visible corrosion on the steel roller coaster connections
-Ride vehicles needed refurb - badly
-no employee appeared to care about the guests

fmingo36

I have a season pass for the Six Flags in New Jersey. You do tend to get a rough crowd but the rides are worth it. I am a coaster fanatic and the coasters at Great Adventure can't be beat. (El Toro is amazing).

To me Six Flags is an amusement park, you go there to ride the rides, nothing more.

TiggersPooh

i used to like going to what was SF Worlds of Adventure (i work at that park now...Geauga Lake)

but like mentioned its only an amusement park nothing more

TikiBeckie

This is very true of Six Flags New England...used to be fun, now its dirty and the crowds are rude and trashy!

coasterridr

I rarely go to six flags here in atlanta lately
the gangs like to hang out there and it can get a but unruly waiting in long lines at times.

That may be true but in my opinion Six Falgs Over Georgia is the best park out of the Six Flags chain, and it is owned by a local group of shareholders and Six Flags. So they somewhat operate outside of all of the BS of the parent company. Of course none of them will ever top Disney

VT GAL

I live in Atlanta as well and have not gone to six flags( about 1/2 hour from my house) in almost 10 years.

We only went once in our 3 years in Atlanta. The trip went as follows:

1. Talked about how dirty the park was
2. Rode the Batman rollercoaster
3. Rode Superman (which was cool)
4. Rode a wooden coaster where I was SURE I was going to die, because the lap bar decided to stop working on the next to last hump
5. Left to thank goodness we were alive...

majortom1981

Wow

Why is there an off topic trolling and bashing topic on six flags on the Wdw parks general discussion board. shouldnt this go under chit chat?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
We only went once in our 3 years in Atlanta. The trip went as follows:

1. Talked about how dirty the park was
2. Rode the Batman rollercoaster
3. Rode Superman (which was cool)
4. Rode a wooden coaster where I was SURE I was going to die, because the lap bar decided to stop working on the next to last hump
5. Left to thank goodness we were alive...
yep. you must be refering to the cyclone. happened almost everytime i rode. mine would just loosen a notch or 2. you know... no big deal *smirks*

the last time i went was in college (late 90's) we spent all day there (ATL six flags) and rode 3 things. it is really worth the trip over there.

hcswingfield

Last time I went to 6 Flags over GA was about 5 or 6 years ago. The coasters were fun, but there is no shade for any of the lines, and all that concrete gets hot. I'm glad to see the new policy includes cracking down on line-cutting. I was floored at all the church groups with their Jesus t-shirts on who cut in line, threw trash on the ground, and stuck their chewing gum on trees and fence posts. What would Jesus do? I don't think he would act like a juvenile delinquent.

justducky78

I'm not surprised they're having trouble attracting families...because it's not really a family-friendly park. The park is pretty much split into two catagories: the kids area for the little ones and the coasters (for the older and brave)! There aren't a lot of rides/attractions you can do together.

Tickets to Six Flags in my area are $54/day pass and $39/kids. Then, they charge you $15 for parking. It's quite a rip-off when you compare it (which you really can't) to Disney which offers things for all ages and has a much cleaner/safer park.

We actually bought a Six Flags annual pass last year so we could take our nephews to the new water park and do some of the bigger coasters but it just isn't worth it every year - we only went six times (maybe?)

So, I'm not a Six Flags basher - it's just sad to see what's happened to the park and the type of people they're attracting. At night, it is actually kind of scary - a lot of gang types. So, I'm glad they're cracking down on a lot of issues that have been ignored for some times.

PintoColvig

Last time I went to 6 Flags over GA was about 5 or 6 years ago. The coasters were fun, but there is no shade for any of the lines, and all that concrete gets hot. I'm glad to see the new policy includes cracking down on line-cutting. I was floored at all the church groups with their Jesus t-shirts on who cut in line, threw trash on the ground, and stuck their chewing gum on trees and fence posts. What would Jesus do? I don't think he would act like a juvenile delinquent.

**turns on "stereotype bashing" alert** :rolleyes:

Disneyfanman

I have been a frequent guest of Great America (in Chicago) since it opened in the mid-seventies. When Six Flags bought it in the 90s, it began a long spiral downward that led to an absolutely fithy, nasty, poorly maintained park. It hit rock bottom in about 2002. In my mind, it was a clear example of how to destroy a theme park. I didn't visit except for Fright Fest in 2003, 2004, and 2005. Then I read that Six Flags was trying to improve the experience at the parks. We went again this past summer (I now live in KY, but we were visiting friends) and it had DRAMATICALLY improved! People, cleanliness and upkeep were all much better. The only thing that we still had concerns with was the food service. That was still pretty awful. Overall though, I was so happy that I wrote a letter to the corporate office about my positive experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom