Strollers

aliceismad

Something tells me your dad can expertly operate that scooter. Most anti scooter folks are really just referring to the weekend warriors that rent them and are clueless.
And yet most anti-scooter folks never make that distinction so they come off as incredibly offensive to those who needs a scooter.
This whole scooter discussion is a giant rabbit hole with a dead horse at the end of every tunnel.
Agreed.

Prince-1

Babies, toddlers, and people with medical issues should be banned from the parks.

Nothing is more important than the convenience and comfort of the able-bodied adults walking down Main Street USA. Nothing.

Also, don't forget to ban those extra large "Buffet Action Figure" people who take up additional space walking down Main Street USA.

thomas998

Would you look someone with a medical need in the face and say that?
I would. Though a simple wheel chair would be a reasonable compromise. Many of the scooters are just used by people that don't want to walk, not that can't walk. So long as they have them, they should at the very least require them to move at a very slow pace so they don't run into the backs of people.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Only problem I see with that is the height of it implies it must have very small wheels which could cause some issues with getting stuck in cracks and holes.... Though I'm not sure it wouldn't be banned under the new size requirements as it looks to be pretty long.
I’m hard pressed to find anything wrong with the homemade stroller. Some people have great positive have problem solving skills and likely guests that have multiples are challenged daily to use there imagination with triplets. It beats all the negativity I’ve seen posted about the new dimensions. This stroller is very narrow, significantly more narrow than most double width strollers.

Caster wheels come on all sizes.
21EA90B0-443F-4036-AC5C-AE70648DC047.jpeg

You are likely being mislead to the height of wheel because of the noodles that act as a bumper come 2” lower than the plywood base the unit was built on. I am pretty confident that the length was OK or Disney would not have allowed it in. Me I’m just impressed with the creativity. I can’t nitpick at it

thomas998

I’m hard pressed to find anything wrong with the homemade stroller. Some people have great positive have problem solving skills and likely guests that have multiples are challenged daily to use there imagination with triplets. It beats all the negativity I’ve seen posted about the new dimensions. This stroller is very narrow, significantly more narrow than most double width strollers.

Caster wheels come on all sizes.
View attachment 371231
You are likely being mislead to the height of wheel because of the noodles that act as a bumper come 2” lower than the plywood base the unit was built on. I am pretty confident that the length was OK or Disney would not have allowed it in. Me I’m just impressed with the creativity. I can’t nitpick at it
Hopefully not caster wheels in the back... It is impressive... though I really doubt think I would want to be sitting on a cart being pushed with hard caster wheels if the other option was the softer rubberized wheels on most strollers. Brings back memories of trying to use a pair of old roller skate that had metal wheels, you felt everything you went over probably down to the size of a pea.

Gabe1

Hopefully not caster wheels in the back... It is impressive... though I really doubt think I would want to be sitting on a cart being pushed with hard caster wheels if the other option was the softer rubberized wheels on most strollers. Brings back memories of trying to use a pair of old roller skate that had metal wheels, you felt everything you went over probably down to the size of a pea.

Likely the guest with the ability to design his own triplet stroller, cut wood, design seats with safety harnesses, mount wheels is also brilliant enough to also buy the correct type of wheels to push a dolly type stroller around.

Gabe1

Here is a stroller from Europe that has just made its way stateside. Not only does it fold nicely it is also a car seat. Nice solution for parents of very young children also wanting to use Uber or Lyft without the limitations of vehicles equipped with car seats.

58A2F843-E2F4-4B2A-BA18-B916E1C0EE64.jpeg

ninjaprincesst

I would. Though a simple wheel chair would be a reasonable compromise. Many of the scooters are just used by people that don't want to walk, not that can't walk. So long as they have them, they should at the very least require them to move at a very slow pace so they don't run into the backs of people.
Wheelchair wear the person having to push out, especially at animal kingdom where there is so much uphill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom