Strollers with a 6 y/o

rrr0005

I have been to WDW many times. In fact, I used to be a Cast Member in Frontier Land on Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. We are planning a trip in March, but this will be much different from other trips. This time, we are taking our daughter! She will turn 6 while we are there, and this will be her first visit.
With this, I am not sure how she will respond to the insane amount of walking and late nights. So I am wondering if getting a stroller would be a wise move. Should we opt for the early rental, or not worry about getting one at all? Should we get one for the whole day, or just the evenings when we know she will be tired? One of my thoughts to plan attractions that will help with resting(i.e. Country Bear, Carousel of Progress, Walt Disney Railroad, Universe of Energy, etc.), but I'm not sure about renting a stroller. Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If only they had strollers for adults....and I could convince my daughter to push me in it. :happy:

I'd get a stroller, one of the umbrella styles with the sun cover, for your daughter. This is her first trip and she's going to be so excited and wear herself out quickly. And carrying around a tired and sleepy 6 year old will wear you out. I'm pooped after 6 hours at a park....I can only guess how tired your daughter will be.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

My daughter will be 5 1/2 when we go in September and I'm planning on bringing mine. Like most others said, she never uses it at home and she goes on field trips with her camp, so I know she can walk, but days at Disney end up being SO LONG and I already know I'm going to be tired at the end of the day, I don't want to be tired and then have to carry my heavy kid around. Hahaha. I figure it's better to have it just incase (and she can sit in it for parades and such) and at the very least it'll hold my adorable soft cooler with our snacks and drinks. :)

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

Bring one and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Your daughter will get tired at some point and you will be glad you have it. Plus it's nice to be able to have a place to store bags and any merchandise you'll end up buying.
This! There will be stroller haters that say make her walk but I say bring it. If you see that you don't need it you can leave it in the room. It's her first trip and I would want to make her as comfortable as possible. I know that my legs and feet are exhausted after a day in the parks and I'm a runner so I can only imagine how kids feel.

Upvote 0

Superpocky

My daughter's been going to WDW since 4 and never used one. She would do parks early in the morning till close, without a nap and not a complaint from her, ever. But kids are different and if your kid is very energetic like mine you will not need it.

Upvote 0

fireball

My daughter's first trip was at four and she never used a stroller. When she learned to walk she would never get in one, she would just want to push it all the time. Have you asked your kid if they even want or would even sits in a stroller?

Upvote 0

rrr0005

Original Poster
My daughter's first trip was at four and she never used a stroller. When she learned to walk she would never get in one, she would just want to push it all the time. Have you asked your kid if they even want or would even sits in a stroller?
We are going surprise her with the trip. She will find out about it on our way to the airport. It is probably something we can discuss on our way there. Great idea!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom