STROLLERS HELP!!

Melissa C.

Original Poster
This will be our very first trip to Disney World! We are taking our 3 year old son. We were thinking about buying a nice jogger stroller before we leave (October 25) we will be flying to Orlando with a layover in ATL. Should we wait and buy a stroller once in Orlando ( we will have a rental) or should i buy one before? I am just scared that stroller will either get lost or broken?!?!? Any thoughts ??? Please help!

Lexie

This will be our very first trip to Disney World! We are taking our 3 year old son. We were thinking about buying a nice jogger stroller before we leave (October 25) we will be flying to Orlando with a layover in ATL. Should we wait and buy a stroller once in Orlando ( we will have a rental) or should i buy one before? I am just scared that stroller will either get lost or broken?!?!? Any thoughts ??? Please help!
Have you considered renting a stroller? We rent from kingdom strollers and it is great! They have really nice Bob jogging strollers as deliver right to your hotel room. Have always been very clean!

Weather_Lady

I wouldn't bring a new, expensive stroller to WDW. While stroller theft (not to mention damage in-flight) is not commonplace by any means, it can and does happen, and that's one added stress you don't need. Rent a stroller or bring/buy a cheap umbrella stroller (you can buy online and have it shipped to your hotel ahead of time, if you don't want to shop after you get to Orlando) that won't be attractive to someone looking to "upgrade."

...and when you use it, please "stroll" responsibly. :)

Last edited:

popcenturylover

We bought a "nicer" umbrella stroller from Babies R'Us when our daughter was 3. It has made it through 3 trips/2 flights & it's been 4 years since we bought it. My older daughter wants us to bring it on our next trip in March for my grandson who will be 4. It has a canopy, cup holder, & reclines a bit for a nap.

21stamps

I used a Maclaren Triumph for places like the zoo, amusement parks, etc when my son was younger. Always traveled/flew with it and was very easy. I think it weighed 10lbs or less! Reclined, had SPF protection..maneuvered great. Highly recommend one!

Edited to add.. They are also a one touch fold and have a back strap. So easy! Also had a small storage area underneath.

Last edited:

HRHPrincessAriel

I used a Maclaren Triumph for places like the zoo, amusement parks, etc when my son was younger. Always traveled/flew with it and was very easy. I think it weighed 10lbs or less! Reclined, had SPF protection..maneuvered great. Highly recommend one!

Edited to add.. They are also a one touch fold and have a back strap. So easy! Also had a small storage area underneath.
YES! We also bought a thing that hooks over/around the handles that had an additional pocket for stuff and cup
Holders as well. It was soft so folded right up with stroller.

carriebeth

I would rent from Kingdom strollers or similar. A few years ago I had just bought a stroller worth over $1000. Gate checked it on our way to Orlando and when we got to Orlando my mangled damaged mess of a stroller was waiting for me on the ramp. We were informed that damage is not covered by the airline, only loss. SInce it was totally brand new and purchased online with a VISA, VISA had a seperate insurance and they reimbursed me for the stroller once we got home and looked into it all. An online search for what to do when the airline ruins your stroller, btw, had plenty plenty plenty of stories of people that experience the same thing as I did....its pretty common. From then on we rent. Its a pretty minor expense in the overall scheme of the vacation and its worry free hassle free for us. With 8 kids we even rent 2 strollers, doubles, and its still worth it over bringing ours. Arriving at Disney without a working stroller was a panic moment. The first day we had to make due with the one until we could get a rental delivered....and we have just rented every since.

The downside of those convenient little umbrella types is they are horrible to push, never the right height, have a weird stride length to them so you are always hitting your feet on it, are not very comfortable especially for napping if they even recline at all, have little storage etc. We don't go back to the room for naps and little ones nap in stroller so those things are important to us. Plus with 8 kids you just have a lot to haul in and out of parks...we need storage space! The walk from gates to magical express is short enough for us that we don't need a stroller at the airport. I bring 2 baby carrier packs (Ergos) and wear the smallest one on front one on back and the rest are perfectly capable of walking that small distance. Especially after being on an airplane for hours, heading to sit, again, on a bus, when they are pumped for Disney!

HRHPrincessAriel

I would rent from Kingdom strollers or similar. A few years ago I had just bought a stroller worth over $1000. Gate checked it on our way to Orlando and when we got to Orlando my mangled damaged mess of a stroller was waiting for me on the ramp. We were informed that damage is not covered by the airline, only loss. SInce it was totally brand new and purchased online with a VISA, VISA had a seperate insurance and they reimbursed me for the stroller once we got home and looked into it all. An online search for what to do when the airline ruins your stroller, btw, had plenty plenty plenty of stories of people that experience the same thing as I did....its pretty common. From then on we rent. Its a pretty minor expense in the overall scheme of the vacation and its worry free hassle free for us. With 8 kids we even rent 2 strollers, doubles, and its still worth it over bringing ours. Arriving at Disney without a working stroller was a panic moment. The first day we had to make due with the one until we could get a rental delivered....and we have just rented every since.

The downside of those convenient little umbrella types is they are horrible to push, never the right height, have a weird stride length to them so you are always hitting your feet on it, are not very comfortable especially for napping if they even recline at all, have little storage etc. We don't go back to the room for naps and little ones nap in stroller so those things are important to us. Plus with 8 kids you just have a lot to haul in and out of parks...we need storage space! The walk from gates to magical express is short enough for us that we don't need a stroller at the airport. I bring 2 baby carrier packs (Ergos) and wear the smallest one on front one on back and the rest are perfectly capable of walking that small distance. Especially after being on an airplane for hours, heading to sit, again, on a bus, when they are pumped for Disney!
$1000 stroller?!

I've never had those sorts of issues with an umbrella stroller. Our umbrella was our preferred stoller anywhere unless was a run/walk at home. Always.

Last edited:

21stamps

YES! We also bought a thing that hooks over/around the handles that had an additional pocket for stuff and cup
Holders as well. It was soft so folded right up with stroller.

Me too!! That was the only thing missing and easily remedied!

What the heck kind of stroller did you have?!

I had a bad azz Bob and a Maclaren.. I don't think the 2 combined were $1000.00 !!
I agree with you on the baby wearing. I did laundry, dishes, and yoga with my son in my Moby Wrap..and I used the Ergo for most errands. I hate bulky strollers!

OP, trust me and @HRHPrincessAriel Especially at age 3! After infancy the Bob never left my neighborhood...except for a race or run at a park. A lightweight stroller is sooooo much easier!!! If you buy a good one.. Ahem..Maclaren (I should get a kick back for being an unofficial spokesperson ;) )
You won't have any issues with how they maneuver.

Last edited:

TDGMedley

I got a nice double jogger for our December trip, and we were not aloud to use at air port had to be checked. and when we got to Disney parts were missing to my stroller. I was so upset crying in the air port. It was my first time to use stroller and flying with 2 kids. I will never fly with stroller again. with missing parts and what was found my stroller was broke at the frame also

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom