Stroller vs soft baby carrier

AME79

Original Poster
Hi,
We have 3 kids (12 months, 5 years and 7 years) and we're going to WDW for 4-5 days at the beginning of March.
I'm wandering if we should use our soft baby carrier (ergo baby) or buy a stroller to tour WDW.
I love the soft carrier for navigating big crowds and to have my hands free all the time. But I guess it wouldn't be practical when it's time to do "baby swaps" for rides.
I don't currently have a stroller, but I wouldn't mind buying a little one. I guess it would be practical to store stuff in it also. But I'm worried about having to push the thing in heavy crowds. And what do we do with the stroller when we do rides with the baby? Do we leave them just on the side of the loading area? Or do we have to park them before entering the queue?
As anyone toured WDW with just a soft carrier? Or is a stroller really a must?
Thank you!

dreamfinder

I haven't exclusively used an ergo, but it has come in very handy. Our DS would often find it much easier to fall asleep in the ergo, especialy when it was crowded around IE Main Street before fireworks. But at the same time, keeping my DS against my chest in the middle of August for more than 5-10 minutes would make us both drip in sweat. So for long mid day naps, we liked the stroller. If you don't have a stroller, I'd suggest just renting one from one of the 3rd party rental companies. Things happen to strollers checked on airplanes, and if you don't use one, then probably not worth buying one. You need to leave the stroller in stroller parking, which is usually central to a few rides, so it's not always the most convenient. Keep in mind that while it's easy to store stuff under the stroller, you need to then juggle all the bags and the stroller if you take the bus, and that can be hard.

jaklgreen

A year old child will get very heavy if you are trying to wear them most of the day. I can't imagine that they would be very comfortable either. In a stroller you have the option to have them sit or lay down. They have more range of motion and can eat or drink. They also get more fresh air circulating when not bound to you. Having little kids will always be more of a pain but it is such a short period of time in their lives. You would park your stroller in the designated parking areas for each ride. It is handy to have someplace to put your diaper bag and snacks. If you had to carry the baby and a bag full of stuff, the parents will quickly start to feel like pack mules.

MagicalMommy

I also like a combination of both a carrier and stroller. You can take the baby in the Ergo on some attractions, which is really helpful when they’re sleeping, and the stroller is nice to hold the bags, for the baby when it gets hot, even for the 5 year old as needed. I also suggest renting one if you don’t have one you can/want to bring. I like Kingdom Strollers.

correcaminos

I also like a combination of both a carrier and stroller. You can take the baby in the Ergo on some attractions, which is really helpful when they’re sleeping, and the stroller is nice to hold the bags, for the baby when it gets hot, even for the 5 year old as needed. I also suggest renting one if you don’t have one you can/want to bring. I like Kingdom Strollers.
This is us and for the same reasons.

kimberlymautz

When we went in May my son was 7m and I used both my carrier and the stroller. I used the carrier in the morning and then by lunch time I moved my son to the stroller to eat and took him out for rides and shows.
20180518_155710.jpg

20180515_160742.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom