Stroller Question

Capt.EO

Does anyone have any advice on stroller makes and models that work well in WDW? Last time we went we had a Baby Trend Expedition which worked but was a little big and bulky to be carrying on a plane and on buses but the biggest problem was last year at DL the front wheel kept falling off :brick: . We are now looking at a Jeep Liberty All Terrain stroller for our trip to WDW this year. Anybody have experience using this type, or have advice on another type of stroller to use or to avoid... Thanks!!

MITCH 112198

We used a Trendsport stroller last time and it has a full basket under and folds like a umbrella stroller nice and flat and very lightweight. like you we have also taken the big bulky one before. love this stroller. we use it only on our vacations.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

You should be able to gate check a stroller on a plane - they tag it and give you a matching tag and then just before you board, you wheel the stroller to the entrance of the plane and they take it from you there; and then when you exit the plane at your destination it is waiting for you there, just outside the door of the plane.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I used that exact stroller for years in the parks. In a nut shell it is 5 minutes of hell followed by hours of pleasure. Once the stroller is in the parks it is incredible. It has a somewhat smaller foot print than similar strollers, folds up easy, very maneuverable, very smooth ride even at a fast run and has great storage underneath. The only con is that it is a bit of a bear when on the buses and especially parking lot trams. What we did is put a back pack in the underside storage area. Everything we put down there went into the back pack. When it came time to fold up the back pack came out, my wife took our daughter and I took the stroller. If you are using the buses you should not have too many issues. If you are driving and using the trams the double seated rows will make the trip much easier.

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

My DW and I bought a Combi(its the only one I know of that has a tri-fold tech and has a basket under it)for our daughter. The two biggest reasons for this type of stroller over all others was A. We both had 2 door small cars with small trunks and it didnt take up much space unlike the other Battleship class strollers out there. B. we wanted something that was lightweight and durable and wouldnt bother too many people on the Disney busses. I know that sounds wierd that we were trying to be considerate of other people on our vacation. Your welcome everybody. jk

Upvote 0

Mongomil

What we did on our last trip was to find one of the cheaper(but still nice to us) strollers. It was a small Evenflo one. Can not remember the actuall name of it. It didnt have much storage space but we didnt need much just something to push the kid around. We drove down but if you took the tires off it you might be able to have it fit in a larger suitcase. But when we was done with our trip we actually left it there with someone else. Saw someone renting a stroller and asked if they wanted it. BOOM dont have to bring it home(extra room for stuff to bring home :sohappy:). We had no use for it once we left so we felt why spend lots of money to keep something we dont really need.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

i bought a combi 2 weeks ago just for our trip in march. it is super-lightweight, but sturdy enough to push around our 35 inch 2 year old. it folds into practically nothing, and super easy to pick up and put in a trunk/bus/boat/monorail. fully reclines for naps, easily sits up 90 degrees. nice basket underneath for stuff, although not huge. i expect to be thrilled with it down there.
size and weight were the two biggest factors for us as we'll have 2 strollers and two kids with us. the newborn will need the full size stroller to put the car seat in, but this is perfect for the bigger guy. and we opted against either of our double strollers as they are so big and bulky and nearly impossible to get through stores (which means EVERY ride exit!)

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

We use Chicco stollers and this year we're hauling this thing...

C2G%20Cubes_360.jpg

It might not be the best thing to bring but we can fit all our junk in it.

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

i bought a combi 2 weeks ago just for our trip in march. it is super-lightweight, but sturdy enough to push around our 35 inch 2 year old. it folds into practically nothing, and super easy to pick up and put in a trunk/bus/boat/monorail. fully reclines for naps, easily sits up 90 degrees. nice basket underneath for stuff, although not huge. i expect to be thrilled with it down there.
size and weight were the two biggest factors for us as we'll have 2 strollers and two kids with us. the newborn will need the full size stroller to put the car seat in, but this is perfect for the bigger guy. and we opted against either of our double strollers as they are so big and bulky and nearly impossible to get through stores (which means EVERY ride exit!)

You can attach a Combi car seat to the Combi strollers. DW and I bought the whole Combi travel system.

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

I use the Peg perego Pliko 3(similar to new pliko switch). It folds in a quick snap. It folds about the size of an umbrella stroller BUT has features of a full size stroller. Sunshade goes all the way to the feet. Great padding. Fully reclines. Can convert to a carriage for babies or knocked out toddlers. Has step plates for older child. Easily holds my 7yr old and steers with one hand with her standing on the back. great storage. light weight. Can be found on just about all craigslist sites for under 100. They hold up GREAT through the years and use. Mine is a 2005 model but looks brand new.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Another Combi user! We bought one and loved it so much that we bought another! Both our Combi strollers have seen many trips to WDW. It handles great, easy to fold and take on the busses, kids can still nap and get a moment out of the sun in it, etc.

I'm down to one Combi stroller now and this may be our last trip with that stroller (our youngest is 4 now). I think I will actually miss the stroller stage, although it is nice just to walk out the door with your kids in hand!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom