stroller options - older kid

teenie0140

Original Poster
I know a lot of people aren't fans of strollers for older kids in Disney.. butttt.. we are going to need one for our 6 year old when we go. We have 1.5 year old twins and they'll have a double stroller and the older daughter will be jealous and cranky if she doesn't have the option to ride (she also still naps on occasion). Anyone have any suggestions on strollers for a kid who's 43 lbs?

No need to comment if you think kids shouldn't have strollers. Only looking for positive suggestions based on experience :)

Thanks!

Weather_Lady

No personal experience, but this article has some recommendations for kids in the neighborhood of 50 pounds and over. (Do keep in mind Disney's recently-enacted prohibition against strollers of certain sizes - no bigger than 31"x52" - which tends to exclude stroller wagons.)

teenie0140

Original Poster
No personal experience, but this article has some recommendations for kids in the neighborhood of 50 pounds and over. (Do keep in mind Disney's recently-enacted prohibition against strollers of certain sizes - no bigger than 31"x52" - which tends to exclude stroller wagons.)

Thanks - these are all soooo pricey!!

jaklgreen

Thanks - these are all soooo pricey!!

They are expensive. I imagine it is for the sturdier frame and wheels. Trust me, you don't want to be pushing a bigger child in one of those cheap umbrella strollers, you will barely get it to move. Maybe rent one at the parks. Those are sturdier and then you won't have to worry about bringing it back to your room since you already have the double one to deal with. Or you can buy one and try to resell it when you get home.

teenie0140

Original Poster
They are expensive. I imagine it is for the sturdier frame and wheels. Trust me, you don't want to be pushing a bigger child in one of those cheap umbrella strollers, you will barely get it to move. Maybe rent one at the parks. Those are sturdier and then you won't have to worry about bringing it back to your room since you already have the double one to deal with. Or you can buy one and try to resell it when you get home.
That's a good idea to rent it or to resell.

Club Cooloholic

That's a good idea to rent it or to resell.
Yeah I would rent a Citi mini from apple strollers for the vacation if you don't think you will need it again. Otherwise try to find one used. Not sure the weight rating but regardless I can say it will probably work fine for a 6yr old. And when the day is getting long she will be glad you brought it.
The Citi minis are pretty easy to maneuver and they fold up nicely too.

dreamfinder

Pretty sure my 4yo is more than 43 lbs, he still fits (barely) in the BOB Revolution that KingdomStrollers rents. He is more bumping into the height than the weight. They are best for up to 48inches and 70lbs I believe. I would never bring a good stroller with me to the parks on an airplane, too much could go wrong with it. A week rental is like $75-80 bucks plus insurance if you want it.

teenie0140

Original Poster
Th
Pretty sure my 4yo is more than 43 lbs, he still fits (barely) in the BOB Revolution that KingdomStrollers rents. He is more bumping into the height than the weight. They are best for up to 48inches and 70lbs I believe. I would never bring a good stroller with me to the parks on an airplane, too much could go wrong with it. A week rental is like $75-80 bucks plus insurance if you want it.

Thanks. She’s 42 lbs and under 48 inches. We are driving so don’t have to worry about the plane.

buseegal

Th

Thanks. She’s 42 lbs and under 48 inches. We are driving so don’t have to worry about the plane.
even driving will you have room to bring a second stroller? also are you planning to drive to the parks? buses you will have to fold and carry both strollers and get all 3 kids on bus. same is true on parking lot trams to get back to car esp at end of day at the parks

Last edited:

teenie0140

Original Poster
even driving will you have room to bring a second stroller? also are you planning to drive to the parks? buses you will have to fold and carry both strollers and get all 3 kids on bus. same is true on parking lot trams to get back to car esp at end of day at the parks
Yes we will have room driving and we do plan on driving to the parks / ttc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom