Stroller for backpack storage

BigRedDad

Unfortunately, my DD grew up and we have been strollerless for our last 5 or so trips. The stroller served 2 purposes back then: a mule and a place for DD to relax. Now that we don't have it, I miss the mule part. Also, I have become more frugal as WDW has skyrocketed their prices. I am seriously considering buying a used stroller to use as a mule.

Here me out for a second. Yes, I could rent a locker but that is a hassle. With a stroller, it can go with you everywhere. Parking it is easy, you can leave it parked where it is for a while, and you don't have to lug around that backpack with everything in it. I know it is better to pack light. However, there is a need for a few extra things in the heat/humidity of FL. You need flip flops to put on for water rides and cool off in the fountains. You need sunscreen (at least I do because I do not want to have skin cancer surgery again). You need to be able to carry water. Having that ice cold misting fan is nice. I can even save by having one of those backpack cooler to bring my own drinks and lunch in.

Does this sound like a hassle? We drive so space is no issue.

UncleFastpass

You asked if it sounded like a hassle, I would say that depends on where you are going to bring it. I remember the good old days when you could walk thru Fantasyland,now you have to squeeze your way thru and and are stuck in a traffic jam of people and waaaay toooo many parked strollers. So if you do decide to bring a stroller please don't leave it in fantasy land. But as far as leaving it in other non stroller choked areas I say do what you need to do as long as it doesn't add inconvieince to others.

Upvote 0

Chicagoshannon2

It's a hassle. I am so glad my kids are big enough now to not use a stroller. I hated having to park the stroller and then back track after each ride to find the darn thing. Trying to walk through stores with the stroller was also VERY annoying.
We either bring a back pack and take turns carrying it or I wear my oh so fashionable pack. It holds sunscreen, small snacks, the phone ect.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Oh and have been hit by swinging backpacks while the person is adjusting it on their back.

I'm not saying I'm the person who did this or anything, but I once saw a shorter female get hit hard in the head by a taller man wearing the granddaddy of all backpacks. And this female may have shoved the backpack away from her with more force than necessary but I'm assuming she thought she had to get her point across to the bigger man to watch for personal space. When he turned around, she looked up to him and said "yes that was your backpack that you just rammed into my face!" But again, I'm not saying that it was me :angelic:

Upvote 0

graphite1326

I'm not saying I'm the person who did this or anything, but I once saw a shorter female get hit hard in the head by a taller man wearing the granddaddy of all backpacks. And this female may have shoved the backpack away from her with more force than necessary but I'm assuming she thought she had to get her point across to the bigger man to watch for personal space. When he turned around, she looked up to him and said "yes that was your backpack that you just rammed into my face!" But again, I'm not saying that it was me :angelic:
Good for you. That is I am not saying it was you but just saying.

Upvote 0

BackOTheLine

I think your best option would be to rent a motorized scooter when you get down there. Check around for a good deal. That way you don't have to actually carry the bags. Heck, I bet with a little creativity you could just strap your luggage to it - so that way you would have anything you needed at all times. Boom!

Also - I haven't looked but I bet there's a way you could attach a 4 wheeled cooler to the back and pull it. I imagine you could fit anything you need food or drink wise in there - great cost savings IMHO. That would probably cover the cost of the scooter even.

Also - I'm totally joking about all this. Although it would be hilarious to see. Seriously I miss when my kid was in a stroller. Now I'm the mule...sigh.

Upvote 0

drizgirl

I think that cuts both ways. He definitely should have been more aware of his backpack. But maybe that person should not have gotten so close? It takes 2 people to create the "personal space".

I know a person who spits a little when they speak. I enjoy chatting with that person, and always try to back up to create more space. But they always move closer and it drives me crazy.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It is getting more difficult moving through the pathways and around the parks because of the increased crowds. Strollers can be a hassle and it will take more time maneuvering through groups of people... but if you think it will make your life easier.... do it. You've got nothing to lose to try it one day and if it doesn't work, go with a backpack.

Upvote 0

LeighM

I think that cuts both ways. He definitely should have been more aware of his backpack. But maybe that person should not have gotten so close? It takes 2 people to create the "personal space".

I know a person who spits a little when they speak. I enjoy chatting with that person, and always try to back up to create more space. But they always move closer and it drives me crazy.

No not really. The man was part of a large group and they were actually taking up a lot of space in the line. The female was just standing there talking to her husband in the Peter Pan queue when the man with the backpack took a few steps back to look at something and bam goes the backpack into the face LOL. He didn't even take into consideration that his extremely stuffed backpack actually protruded so far from his back. No self awareness at all. And this person who got hit in the face actually hates being crowded and tries to keep an arms distance (at least) between herself and other people. She likes her personal space bubble :)

And what is it with people who can't take take the hint when someone starts backing away? They do always follow you! I try that maneuver when I'm trying to wrap up a conversation and this one specific person keeps following me. Makes me feel hunted LOL.

Upvote 0

drizgirl

No not really. The man was part of a large group and they were actually taking up a lot of space in the line. The female was just standing there talking to her husband in the Peter Pan queue when the man with the backpack took a few steps back to look at something and bam goes the backpack into the face LOL. He didn't even take into consideration that his extremely stuffed backpack actually protruded so far from his back. No self awareness at all. And this person who got hit in the face actually hates being crowded and tries to keep an arms distance (at least) between herself and other people. She likes her personal space bubble :)

And what is it with people who can't take take the hint when someone starts backing away? They do always follow you! I try that maneuver when I'm trying to wrap up a conversation and this one specific person keeps following me. Makes me feel hunted LOL.

Yeah, if he backed up a few steps, that's definitely on him. But I've been in line before when the person behind me filled every inch of space I tried to leave. If I turn (without backing up) and my backpack whacks you, then you were probably standing too close.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Yeah, if he backed up a few steps, that's definitely on him. But I've been in line before when the person behind me filled every inch of space I tried to leave. If I turn (without backing up) and my backpack whacks you, then you were probably standing too close.

The funny part of this story, which also shows why so much space was kept between me (I'll just go ahead and admit it LOL) and the man with the backpack, is bc one of the mothers in the group changed her toddler's stinky, poopy diaper in the queue and that diaper went into this man's backpack LOL.

Upvote 0

Ricky Spanish

I hate when people can't respect my personal space.
And getting bumped into?
I bump back!
Most people lose that battle.
Strollers?
Sorry OP, I could do with one less in the park but it's your choice.
Have a good trip.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
They make sunscreen wipes now!! You can apply sunscreen in your room and take a couple wipes with you for reapplication. Light weight and take up hardly any space!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom