Stressed & need to vent

EnchantedRose

So we are set to leave for Disney in 8 days! One week from tomorrow we will be getting up at the 3 am to spend 9 magical days in Disney & I'm stressed.

I still need to pack :banghead::arghh:

I have to shop for toiletries, buy two suitcases, do laundry, pack, boys need hair cuts, I have to do my nails, both hubby and I work all of next week, we have Parent Teacher conference next Thursday, I am also fighting a cold along with my little buggy (Cristian, 9 months) and I'm hoping we are all better by next week.

I plan to do a lot this weekend (I'm off Mondays which helps!) but I have NEVER been this behind! I'm usually packed and ready at least 2 weeks prior! Not to mention I placed an order for water/diapers/wipes etc...and shipped it to MY HOUSE instead of to Pop, so tonight I have to drag two boxes with the hubby to the UPS store:confused::in pain:

Ok my rant/vent is over!! Thanks for reading/listening!

I just have to keep saying to myself DISNEY IN 8 DAYS!!!!!!!!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So we are set to leave for Disney in 8 days! One week from tomorrow we will be getting up at the 3 am to spend 9 magical days in Disney & I'm stressed.

I have to shop for toiletries, buy two suitcases, do laundry, pack, boys need hair cuts, I have to do my nails, both hubby and I work all of next week, we have Parent Teacher conference next Thursday, I am also fighting a cold along with my little buggy (Cristian, 9 months) and I'm hoping we are all better by next week.

I plan to do a lot this weekend (I'm off Mondays which helps!) but I have NEVER been this behind! I'm usually packed and ready at least 2 weeks prior! Not to mention I placed an order for water/diapers/wipes etc...and shipped it to MY HOUSE instead of to Pop, so tonight I have to drag two boxes with the hubby to the UPS store:confused::in pain:

I'm gonna shameless plug my packing list here.

englanddg's Surf and Turf Adventure - Pre-trip / Trip Report Aug 2013

But, I pack for months in advance (honestly, I still have my suitcases half packed sitting in my closet, waiting for next year), so, outside of that, don't worry. It's easy to find things while at the parks (especially if you have a car). Just relax, and enjoy the trip!

Ya'll are gonna have a blast!

Upvote 0

harryk

Too many 'have to's', what causes people to think that they 'have to' do anything. Relax and enjoy - that way you don't need a vacation from a vacation.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

Too many 'have to's', what causes people to think that they 'have to' do anything. Relax and enjoy - that way you don't need a vacation from a vacation.

tee hee hee! Ironic, for a vacation that you now have to minutely plan nearly every single step (e.g., ADRs, FP+) :)

Upvote 0

SMS55

We pack the night before we leave. The weekend before my wife will do all the laundry so we everything is clean to pack. We'll set stuff aside but we don't dust off the suitcase tip the night before. If you're driving remember that there's a Wal Mart and Target close by. Have dad take the boys for a haircut. If it were your daughter I understand, but let him take the boys and he can get a little trim while he's there too.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

You will be fine. If it makes you feel better, I am the laziest vacation prepper ever. I barely make ADRs (and never at the 180-day mark...heck, half the time we don't even book the room until 8-10 weeks before we leave!), I don't finish packing until the night before, and inevitably we forget to bring something. Hasn't ruined a vacation yet. :)

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
You know whats so funny is that I am usually an awesome packer - even though it stresses me - i have things ready weeks before our trips. This will be our 6th trip as a family. What got me this time around was not knowing how the weather would be. So I wanted to wait till at least 2 weeks before we went to more or less get accurate weather...and then BOOM we ALL got sick. All 4 of us! I went to the emergency room twice in one weekend with each of one of my kids. I got sick, had an ear infection, strep throat! I am glad we got sick BEFORE the trip!

I wish I was renting a car it would make things easier because we could just get stuff we need when we get there.

I know haircuts at MK are great - and my little guy will be getting his first haircut there...and my oldest will just get the color. Hubby MUST get his hair cut with his barber only!

4 days left to go and the only things left to do are pack electronics and chargers that we'll do the night before, and last minute things, make up etc. Aside from that it's just hair and nails and clean up the house a bit. Nothing worse than coming home to a dirty house after vacation!!!

BUT after all my venting - and smiles from all your wonderful comments I am glad to say I am stress free right now and can't wait for the week to be over already....i'm ready to get my Disney on!!!!

To all those packing and getting ready to head out - HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A BLAST!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

First World Problems.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

You will be fine. If it makes you feel better, I am the laziest vacation prepper ever. I barely make ADRs (and never at the 180-day mark...heck, half the time we don't even book the room until 8-10 weeks before we leave!), I don't finish packing until the night before, and inevitably we forget to bring something. Hasn't ruined a vacation yet. :)

Only 8-10 weeks!? :eek: The horror, the horror! ;)

I hear ya. I envy the people who can plan there vacations far enough in advance to get the 180 day benefit. It will probably never happen for us.

The weekend before my wife will do all the laundry so we everything is clean to pack. We'll set stuff aside but we don't dust off the suitcase tip the night before.

I cover my dining room table with beach towels and then start setting aside stuff that I know I will need on the trip. Then most things I want to pack are in one place. If I start doing this at least a week out, it is less likely I will forget something important.

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

This sounds like me, for any trip I am going on, always last minute ... for that matter, getting my gym bag/work clothes ready in the morning Monday thru Friday. Queen of disorganization.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

This sounds like me, for any trip I am going on, always last minute ... for that matter, getting my gym bag/work clothes ready in the morning Monday thru Friday. Queen of disorganization.

LOL! The gym bag! Preaching to the choir!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom