Stressed before trip?

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
For some reason I always get stressed out just days away from a big trip. I stress about everything, the packing, planning, checking the weather, where to eat, will the kids be good, will everyone have a good time.... everything. Do any of you do this?

CAPTAIN HOOK

No :sohappy:

I do my planning as far out as I can so that by the time we're ready for off - everything is done. The only thing that we DO worry about is the receipt of all the tickets: has the post been today, where are those tickets ??? :)

disneyfan56

I know what you mean- I used to get so stressed planning everything down to the last detail so "our vacarion would be perfect." You know what happened? Everytime a week before we were set to leave I would get sick. I can't tell you how many times I'ld be sitting in the car knocked out on cold medication. Funny though, by the time we hit South Carolina, I would be cured.
Stress is bad. Somehow I just learned how to relax and just enjoy even the planning stages. So as Frankie used to say "Relax..."

bobjl527

I get stressed because I absolutely hate flying. I have flown many, many times but I still am a nervous wreck when we take off:( . I also hate leaving my dogs behind at home for the week:cry: . Once we land at the airport and smell that Florida air, all my worries seem to fade away. Only 40 days to go!:sohappy:

Since1976

Being married, I think it's helpful to have planning duties assigned to each partner.

As for everybody having a good time, I'll say what I always say: "It's up to Disney to give everybody a good time, not you!"

cdatkins

If you drive, planning can be a bit more stressful.

Plus, we stay in a time share near Disney World, and take lots of our own food, so that adds to the prep time.

If you fly and stay in DW itself, I think planning is much less stressful.

dragonfox98

Being married, I think it's helpful to have planning duties assigned to each partner.

Oh, no, no, no!!! My OCD self could, in no way, share duties with anyone - let alone my husband! LOL :D

In all seriousness, I get a little stressed, but nothing too bad. This trip is going to be a little more stressful on me because of the pregnancy, but, as mentioned above, I have OCD so my packing is halfway complete and I still have 39 days to go.

Yes, this is true. The only thing yet to be packed are clothes, even tolietries are in their appropriate place in ziplock bags within one of my suitcases. Oh, it's just great being me!!! :lol:

LivinWitTheLand

We are leaving in 4 days. Between now and then, we are having a new roof put on our house tomorrow, have to help my mother who has never been to WDW or flown in 40 years finish packing (the whole TSA regulations on the 1-3-3 thing has her completely confused). We also have to finish packing ourselves up. Plus I start a new job the week after we get back.

So it's a good kind of stress. In one week I will have a great vacation, new home improvements and a new job to look forward to.

sleepybear

I get stressed, too, about the many things that could potentially go wrong. The car could break down on the way to the airport. The flight could be delayed. The hotel reservations could be messed up. Then there's the fact that I hate to fly, so I'm a nervous wreck the night before and the day of. Once I get on that plane, I eaither try to sleep or watch a Disney movie on my video iPod until we land.

But once we do, once we hit that glorious Orlando International Airport and I can see the palm trees and the sun and those huge "Fantasy Island" wicker chairs in the baggage claim area, I'm ecstatically happy.

So try to ride out the stress and the nerves and just enjoy it once you get there.

Scooter

I don't get stressed out before a trip at all.
I'm 54 years old now and

I get, and to quote Ebenezer Scrooge from Dickens A Christmas Carol

"As giddy as a School boy"
:)

Grumpy-Fan

Being married, I think it's helpful to have planning duties assigned to each partner.quote]

Oh, no, no, no!!! My OCD self could, in no way, share duties with anyone - let alone my husband! LOL :D

In all seriousness, I get a little stressed, but nothing too bad. This trip is going to be a little more stressful on me because of the pregnancy, but, as mentioned above, I have OCD so my packing is halfway complete and I still have 39 days to go.

Yes, this is true. The only thing yet to be packed are clothes, even tolietries are in their appropriate place in ziplock bags within one of my suitcases. Oh, it's just great being me!!! :lol:
Hey! I'm a Husband that is planning our whole trip in Feb.. I think I'm doing a great job!

figmentmom

For some reason I always get stressed out just days away from a big trip. I stress about everything, the packing, planning, checking the weather, where to eat, will the kids be good, will everyone have a good time.... everything. Do any of you do this?

Yes, although my biggest fears have always been centered around the traveling-to-get-there part (will we get to the airport on time, will we make our connecting flights, will DME get our bags at the airport, will they REALLY show up in our room, etc.) Once I'm there, though, I'm fine (and you will be, too!) :ROFLOL:

Purple413

I do a few things to keep the stress down:

1. As soon as I book the trip, I make my dinner reservations right away, then we make a rough itinerary from that.

2. I keep a saved "Disney Packing List" on my computer, which I save from year to year and update when I think of things.

3. I do start packing a few weeks ahead of time - but I think that's the OCD in me. Everyone that knows me gives me a hard time about this. I even make sure I have 2 sets of all my tolietries so that I can pack ahead of time..... I know I know.... :rolleyes:

4. Don't bother checking the weather!!!!!! You can never count on it! Just pack what you're most comfortable in, and don't forget the ponchos - you'll be fine!

HAVE A GOOD TIME! :D

Journey

The first trip we took to WdW I was very stressed during the last few days. Taking a 3 year old and 9 yrs old was part of the stress and planning for every type of emergency.

Now, many trips later and 12 days to go, I have no stress. Because I have a good idea of what are the most important items to take. And the children are much older.

We generally stay about 8 days!
We do not over pack now, especially clothing. We plan one day midway thru our trip to visit the Resort laundry. No prob. I bring tide with a touch of downy measured into ziploc bags and some quarters for about 4 loads. Does not take long!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom