Straws

hdme

Original Poster
I have a strange question - Are the straws at WDW the bendy type or should we bring our own for DD?

hdme

Original Poster
Thanks! Looks like I'll add bendy straws to the packing list. DD is too little to drink from a regular straw while keeping her cup on the table and once the cup leaves the table, she feels the need to tip it up which usually ends with her drink spilling out from the cover.

Pioneer Hall

Thanks! Looks like I'll add bendy straws to the packing list. DD is too little to drink from a regular straw while keeping her cup on the table and once the cup leaves the table, she feels the need to tip it up which usually ends with her drink spilling out from the cover.

If your daughter will be having kids meals, the cups are smaller (I believe 12 oz) and come with covers.

hdme

Original Poster
If your daughter will be having kids meals, the cups are smaller (I believe 12 oz) and come with covers.

Good to know. Even with covers, drinks usually spill out of the straw hole when she tips the cup up. She's 2.5 and very smart, but it always takes her a few tries before she remembers that she doesn't have to tip a cup when using a straw :ROFLOL: Now that I think of it, she'll only be drinking milk and juice which, if I remember correctly from last year's trip, come in their own container and not in a cup right? Either way, we'll definitely need the bendy straws!

Goofycanuck

You might want to bring a container with a flip up straw built into the lid. In Animal Kingdom loose straws are not served with drinks for protection of the animals.

RozFan

You might want to bring a container with a flip up straw built into the lid. In Animal Kingdom loose straws are not served with drinks for protection of the animals.

animal kingdom now has straws but they are these weird cardboard straws. it takes a minute or two to adjust to drinking through paper. they still do not have lids for drinks.

BrerKev

I can't stand the paper straws at AK. I understand why, but I really dislike having a soggy straw, if I linger over a drink. But I guess it is better than nothing.

plaz10

I'd bring them regardless. better safe than sorry. A few straws can't take up that much room anyway. Have a great trip!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
animal kingdom now has straws but they are these weird cardboard straws. it takes a minute or two to adjust to drinking through paper. they still do not have lids for drinks.

I can't stand the paper straws at AK. I understand why, but I really dislike having a soggy straw, if I linger over a drink. But I guess it is better than nothing.

they beat the heck out of a paper 6-pack holder.
Six-Pack-Holder-123709.jpg

Pioneer Hall

I can't stand them either. I just drink from the cup when I am in AK or at the Lodge because of the straws.

hdme

Original Poster
I don't mind cardboard straws at all and if they made them in bendy form, I'd be a very happy mama!!!

I forgot about the straw issue at AK until this thread so thanks for reminding me. We'll use DD's sippy cup while in AK to avoid the straw issue. We can remove the lid and have her drink right from the cup. We'll probably do that at other parks too, but will bring the bendy straws just in case she gets a drink with a lid and wants to drink from it instead of her own cup, because we all know how unpredictable :)goodnevil) 2 yr olds are!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom