Strawberry Soup ever made it? And is 1900 PF the only place to get it in WDW?

Lucky

I think it's the only place. It's good, but if I were going to take the trouble of making it I'd do the LeC bacon cheddar cheese soup instead.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think it's the only place. It's good, but if I were going to take the trouble of making it I'd do the LeC bacon cheddar cheese soup instead.

Don't like yellow cheese...HATE it actually and I STILL tried it at Le Cellier just because. It was WAY too cheesy for me.

gatechgal

I've made it several times and the kids love it. I think it's sort of like a melted smoothie.

Now the soup I like better is the Smoked Portabello Mushroom soup from Artist Point. It's possibly the best thing I've ever eaten, and we make it every Thanksgiving.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah Joe I'm gonna have to try and make this. It was SO good at 1900 PF ESPECIALLY ontop of vanilla ice cream!
My wife did a scoop of ice cream in the middle of the bowl and just by itself. Both are incredibly good. You can also vary the ice cream flavor for a twist. We have tried a few different chocolates from white to dark as well as vanilla. All were good but the best was birthday cake ice cream.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My wife did a scoop of ice cream in the middle of the bowl and just by itself. Both are incredibly good. You can also vary the ice cream flavor for a twist. We have tried a few different chocolates from white to dark as well as vanilla. All were good but the best was birthday cake ice cream.

Did I really call you Joe? What the heck!!!???

lebeau

I've had pretty good luck with Disney recipes. I've never had the strawberry soup at 1900, but I swear I follwed the recipe exactly. I have no point of comparisson to know how it turned out, but no one I served the stuff to liked it very much. A spoonful or two was enough for all of us.

But who knows, maybe I screwed something up. Didn't think of serving it with ice cream. That would most certainly help as the soup was not sweet in any way.

tigsmom

I've had pretty good luck with Disney recipes. I've never had the strawberry soup at 1900, but I swear I follwed the recipe exactly. I have no point of comparisson to know how it turned out, but no one I served the stuff to liked it very much. A spoonful or two was enough for all of us.

But who knows, maybe I screwed something up. Didn't think of serving it with ice cream. That would most certainly help as the soup was not sweet in any way.

I also didn't care for it, but then I don't like any cold soups. Some people don't care for the tang of sour cream and yogurt. I didn't think to serve it with ice cream either :hammer:

I have to say I've had few failures with making our favorite Disney recipes at home

JillC LI

I tried making it, and it came out good, but not nearly as good as at Disney. Perhaps it would have tasted better if the Mad Hatter had come to dinner at my house? :shrug:

lebeau

I also didn't care for it, but then I don't like any cold soups. Some people don't care for the tang of sour cream and yogurt. I didn't think to serve it with ice cream either :hammer:

I have to say I've had few failures with making our favorite Disney recipes at home

The strawberry soup was the only one I've made that I'd classify as a failure. The pineapple bread from O'hana was good, but not as good as I remembered from the resort.

Most everything else has been a resounding success. The 50's meatloaf is a staple at our house now. And I make Tie-Dyed cheesecake frequently for parties. If I'm grilling chicken, I have to make up some Flame Tree BBQ sauce.

I'm guessing if I had the soup at 1900 PF, I'd have liked it better than what I made. But if the recipe is anything close to the one I used, I can't imagine it would be something I would be all that into.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I really do not get why it's called soup? Either way its GREAT and goes GREAT with ice cream! I hope I have inspired some to put it on their ice cream, or if you make it at home...maybe put it on someone :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom