Storybook Circus Land

TP2000

That was cheesy and worse mostly outdoors. The MK needs a major broadway style venue that can host an E Ticket caliber show and other seasonal and special event shows rain or shine. GT couldn't come close to doing that. Just my opinion.

I agree. One of the few real succeses from DCA's opening day in 2001, aside from maybe Soarin' and a valid liquor license, was the Hyperion Theater. I am surprised that Disney hasn't copied the Hyperion Theater concept at other properties around the world, especially WDW.

WDW needs a luxurious, state-of-the-art, indoor, 2,000 seat multi-level modern theater to stage major productions. A venue like the Hyperion Theater also comes in very handy for special park events and presentations, press events, and even big Cast Member or DisCo corporate activities in the park. It also encourages the park's Entertainment Department to push the envelope a bit and do more than just 17 minute-long rubberhead variety shows. The remaining area of the New Fantasyland seems like a good place for it.

2,000 Seat Hyperion Theater, Disney California Adventure

alladinmusical1.jpg

tsd15

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that a Pinocchio mini land would be perfect for the northern section of the Storybook circus land. Yes, I realize its not in the concept art at all, but something tells me this land is left in the artwork basically the way it is now for a reason...something is in the works for this location, but its probably a long way off. The Pleasure Island locale would be a logical fit with the circus theme, plus a Pinocchio village by the sea (think Monstro) would mesh well with the Little Mermaid area as a segway between fantasy forest and storybook circus. This movie needs some love in the Magic Kingdom.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
One thing I've noticed from the imagineers is that they like to recycle old ideas. Here is an article I found from The Neverland Files detailing Dumbo's Circusland, a concept originally planned for Disneyland. It would have been a home for some of Disney's "whackier" characters that didn't fit the Fantasyland mold, but it also holds similarities to what looks to be coming to the Magic Kingdom. Of particular note is the Pinocchio dark ride which was originally part of this land that would eventually make its way to Disneyland's Fantasyland. Could a Pinocchio dark ride be what we're getting in the northern section of Storybook Circus Land?

http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyland/dumboscircusland.php

As I recall, Circusland was also to feature an indoor wild mouse attraction called Mickey's Madhouse and a large E ticket audio animatronic ride called Circus Disney. I would love to see this concept come to full fruition. As far as an actual Casey Jr ride, I think that the new Seven Dwarfs train ride will be similar since I heard it has no real "drops". Maybe similar in concept to the DLParis Casey Jr. only with swinging ore carts.

djkidkaz

I was thinking about how I was happy that Toontown was going since I never go over there anyway cause it doesn't offer any sort of attraction that an adult would enjoy. But sitting here Im realizing I won't be in Circusland either after I walk through it once or twice because all it offers is Dumbo and Barnstormer. They should definitely put something in place of all those tents that an adult can enjoy. Even if it was just a 3D show similar to a Philharmagic or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom