Stormalong Bay

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
My kids are 6 and 3. We're planning a trip to BC but I've been reading that the pool area can be really chaotic and it's difficult to keep track of smaller kids because it's so busy and huge. Is this pool better for older kids? My 3 yr old can't swim without a life jacket or waterwings and my 6 yr old still needs waterwings in the deep end. Will they still be able to use the waterslide or do they need to be able to swim unassisted?

Nemo14

There is a small slide right at the base where you enter the mast slide which would probably be more suitable for your 3 year old. The 6 year old can probably handle the big slide.

21stamps

If you have 2 adults with you, you’ll be fine.
I wouldn’t enjoy it with my child because I know I would lose him.. and spend the day pacing around the area. ;)

correcaminos

There is a small slide right at the base where you enter the mast slide which would probably be more suitable for your 3 year old. The 6 year old can probably handle the big slide.
Keep in mind this area is away from the main pool area by a significant distance. Is right by the water. The main slide does dumps into the main pool.

There is a kids area in the main pool. Again the main slide is away from that area too. Honestly I'm not a fan of this pool for little ones or mixed age families.

WDW Dad 23

This pool is one one of our (my) favorite things to do at Disney. It is a very large pool area, and you definitely want to keep an eye on the little ones if they are not strong swimmers. That said, as long as you come prepared you can still really enjoy it. For one thing, there is an entire section that has the "sand bar" , where the depth is not more than 1-2 feet. This is a great place for the kids to cool off and you can build sand castles for hours. As for the slides, if they you go with them and stick to the smaller slide, then one person can easily watch them. If you want to do the bigger one, I would definitely make sure someone is a the bottom waiting for them...so either you go first or have someone at the bottom and ou bring up the rear. Throughout the rest of the pool, you just want to make sure you stay wit them, and would probably avoid the lazy river section, since the depths there are up to 8-9 feet and given the current, might be harder to stay together.

surfsupdon

I love the pool too. But it’s lost it’s bubbling jets and it’s swirling maelstrom whirlpool area. The jets stopped decades ago; the whirlpool current slowed down years ago.

The deletion and dumbing down of each aspect made the pool more kid friendly. It’s not as aggressive.

But it is a large winding series of pools and bridges....so you need to pay attention as an adult watching their kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom