Stores in Closer Proximity to Walt Disney World???

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.ollie

Being a foreign visitor to the wonderful land of America and even more wonderful area of Walt Disney World it takes me a while to get my bearings and establish my surroundings. On previous visits i have stayed in hotels on international drive (4 occasions) and feel quite at ease in finding certain places local to that area, like Dunkin Donuts, WallMart, Walgreens and McDonalds just to name a few. However last year was my first year to stay onsite at Pop and i found my self basically commuting to the international drive area every time i wanted something not available in the resort or one of the parks. This was a pain because not having access to Dunkin Donuts 50 weeks out of the year means i go over board on them the 2 weeks in on vacation. :slurp:

So to the question part i have recently discovered there is a Dunkin' quite close to Pop so i've logged it, mapped it and im all over it this year, But that got me thinking what else is there in closer proximity that i have probably been driving right past and just not noticing. Places like WallMart, Target, Walgreens, McDonalds and just general connivence stores/places? If you do know any places can you name the road they are on that would be a huge help. Thanks

Doug7856

I plan to look up the Chick-fil-A on our next visit. I believe it is near the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you haven't tried Chick-fil-A, you owe it to yourself to locate it and get an excellent chicken sandwich and the hand spun shake.

Here is the address:
1 Lake Buena Vista
13448 S Apopka Vineland Rd Orlando, FL 32821
2.81 miles away
(407) 827-7032

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Hopefully you don't need to visit Walmat, Walgreens, or McDonalds more than once during your stay at WDW. I likewise am an onsite kinda visitor but have had to endure to trip out to I drive to visit these stores. Not sure if there are any closer to Pop but I recall a Walmart down near Kissimmee that may be a little closer. Others I'm not so sure of.

Upvote 0

Plutoguy

How about just stay home and go shopping in Ireland. Maybe you can visit the Scottish resteraunt in WDW McDonalds. Get real.

Signed
Pati 'O Furniture

Upvote 0

AZDISNEYDVL

How about just stay home and go shopping in Ireland. Maybe you can visit the Scottish resteraunt in WDW McDonalds. Get real.

Signed
Pati 'O Furniture

Well aren't you the gracious host. You don't seem to have anything really to add to this thread so I wonder why you even took the time to respond with grammatical errors and what not. People like things they don't have where they live. I don't have Panera Bread so it is the first place I visit when I travel. IMO, you need to get real and get over yourself.:fork:

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We always stay offsite and like to visit Steak and Shake on 192. They have good burgers and shakes. We go to Publix (grocery store)on 192 for sodas and snacks if needed and there's a huge Walmart near it too.

Upvote 0

s.ollie

Original Poster
How about just stay home and go shopping in Ireland. Maybe you can visit the Scottish restaurant in WDW McDonalds. Get real.

Signed
Pati 'O Furniture

Why yes i do very much like to shop at home in Ireland, however most of the places i mentioned are not present in my fantastic homeland so doing that might prove extremely difficult... but you being the a smart intellectually challenged soul that you portray would surely have that knowledge at hand.

As for visiting a scottish restaurant..... i have no idea why that has any relevance as scotland is a totally different country to Ireland, you may have a small point there though, as I would and have visited scottish restaurants in order to experience their culture and foods and mix with the very humorous scottish people. Isn't that what NORMAL people do when they travel.

And Pati.... amongst other spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and down right confusing way you have of stating your opinion..... "pati" is actually "Paddy" as in i am damn proud to be a Paddy Irishman, so take your cynicism elsewhere.

Top of the morning to you Good Sir

P.s please refer to a Oxford English Dictionary to establish the meaning of all the words you will fail to comprehend.

Upvote 0

s.ollie

Original Poster
Apologies to other forum users for idiotocarcy of a small few :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll look them up. :)

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

A hardy Welcome to our country and hope you enjoy it. Most people are friendly. I92 has a Walmart and alot of places to eat and other stores.

Upvote 0

I-4Warrior

Signed
Pati 'O Furniture

I'm going to roughly translate this garbage. What I think the poster means is "School is out for Summer and I'm already bored. I choose to go on forums and be an irritant to the human beings to satiate my appetite for instigation."

Of course, you'd have to envision this far more spelling errors.

Back to the real topic, there are some options that may be closer to Pop Century than I-Drive:

Walmart at Osceola and Vineland (535)
3250 Vineland Road

Walgreens at 192 and I-Drive
5935 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy

Dunkin Donuts
5889 W Irlo Bronson Memorial

Target
3200 Rolling Oaks Boulevard, Kissimmee

Just a couple of other places that would be my recommendations:

Chick-Fil-A
US 192, Kissimmee

Kilwin's Ice Cream
671 Front Street, Kissimmee
(Actually in Disney's Celebration)

Upvote 0

Mr_Incredible

on US-92 there are multiple resturants, mcdonalds, ponderosa, checkers, publix, winn-dixie, old town etc. Give it a try! Its a fun strip.

Also, if you have time, check out "Capones" its a fun dinner show, all you can eat and drink (alcoholic drinks too)

I know being of Irish backround I love the all-you-can-drink aspects of it haha

Upvote 0

moonchild925

S.ollie bravo to you for putting plutguy in his place! I always take time to have breakfast at waffle house when i'm at the world bc i do not have access to one in NY. There are a couple within ten minutes drive of POP. Have a fantastic trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

s.ollie

Original Poster
Back to the real topic, there are some options that may be closer to Pop Century than I-Drive:

Walmart at Osceola and Vineland (535)
3250 Vineland Road

Walgreens at 192 and I-Drive
5935 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy

Dunkin Donuts
5889 W Irlo Bronson Memorial

Target
3200 Rolling Oaks Boulevard, Kissimmee

Just a couple of other places that would be my recommendations:

Chick-Fil-A
US 192, Kissimmee

Kilwin's Ice Cream
671 Front Street, Kissimmee
(Actually in Disney's Celebration)

This is exactly what i was looking for, a big thanks to you. :sohappy:
I can use the addresses to map them and get directions from Pop..... half a dozen donuts here i come :slurp:

Upvote 0

tizzo

There is lots of stuff on US-192 not too far from POP. If you turn L out of Pop onto Victory, L at the light (by Wide World of Sports) onto Osceola Parkway, and then right at the light onto International Dr. by the Gaylord Palms, it will take you to US-192. Lots of shopping and restaurants and other stuff at that corner.

Going the other way, turn R out of Pop onto Victory, then R at the light onto Lake Buena Vista, which takes you past DTD, then bear R onto Hotel Plaza Blvd, that will eventually take you to 535. At the corner of 535 and HPB is the Crossroads, with shopping, including a supermarket, and some restaurants, including my personal favorite Sweet Tomatoes. If you turn R from HPB onto 535, you'll pass an outlet mall on your left (right after you pass under 417), and not far after that is the Walmart.

Upvote 0

s.ollie

Original Poster
on US-92 there are multiple restaurants, mcdonalds, ponderosa, checkers, publix, winn-dixie, old town etc. Give it a try! Its a fun strip.

Also, if you have time, check out "Capones" its a fun dinner show, all you can eat and drink (alcoholic drinks too)

I know being of Irish backround I love the all-you-can-drink aspects of it haha

US-92..... Noted :) have to say my family are quite big fans of the ponderosa, there ain't alot of all you can eats here :slurp:

Oh Goodness i just realised im making myself out to be a glutton .... but hey i'll be on vacation. :lookaroun

Ive done Sleuth murder mystery night and Pirates dinner adventure before and really enjoy the dinner show experience so thanks for suggesting another i will defiantly be looking in to it.

Go Raibh Maith Agat mo Chara (thank you my friend (as Gaeilge))

Upvote 0

Mr_Incredible

US-92..... Noted :) have to say my family are quite big fans of the ponderosa, there ain't alot of all you can eats here :slurp:

Oh Goodness i just realised im making myself out to be a glutton .... but hey i'll be on vacation. :lookaroun

Ive done Sleuth murder mystery night and Pirates dinner adventure before and really enjoy the dinner show experience so thanks for suggesting another i will defiantly be looking in to it.

Go Raibh Maith Agat mo Chara (thank you my friend (as Gaeilge))
You are welcome! Enjoy and have fun! And eat like crazy, its vacation!!!!!!

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

Signed
Pati 'O Furniture

Why in the world would you even post this.
Steve I hope you can delete this user's IP.
It makes no sense.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom