Stoller Situation

juniorlilly

We are planning our first trip to disney as adults. We have a 4 year old girl, have to have a stoller of some sort. Was planning to buy an umbrella stoller to take with, BUT I remember at our zoo they have rentable 3 wheeler stoller things. Does WDW have this? Is it easier to just bring my own? What happens with either one when we all go for a ride in the teacups or something else? Which one is easier?
Thanks
:D

- sorry if this is on the wrong board - in my planning anyway??....

danpam1024

We rent a stroller from "ababysbestfriend.com". Since we drive, our stroller takes up way too much room in the car. for the 10 days we will be there it costs $77. It's a real stroller that reclines so he can nap and we don't have the hassel of turning a park stroller in at the end of the day when we REALLY need it to tote the tired kid back to the hotel! The best part is they deliver it to the hotel and pick it up after you leave!

Upvote 0

tkdmom

We always bring our own stroller. Remember, you'll be visiting more than the parks. I have often heard people comment that they wish Downtown Disney had stroller rental. We have often seen little ones with no stroller on their last leg there.

Additionally, the convenience of getting to the parks and avoiding one long line is worth the price right there.

A Disney trip is exhausting for anyone, let alone a four year old. Give the kid wheels whenever they want it.

Upvote 0

coltow

DisneyBride94 said:
I say DEFINITELY bring your own stroller... preferably something a little better than an umbrella stroller so that 1) it has a sufficient sun shade to shield your little princess from the Central Florida sun 2) it has a decent under carriage basket in which you can stash your extra gear (water bottles, snacks, camera) which otherwise you'll have to continually cart through the parks on your person. 3) most umbrella strolls start to get a bit small for a 4 year old...you want something that provides a decent foot rest and is comfortable enough for snoozing...she will almost definitely fall asleep in the stroller at some point during your trip.

We ALWAYS tie a colorful bandana on our stroller so we can readily identify it in case there are others that look similar. :D

Great advice...I tie/attach a luggage tag on my stroller as well as a shoe lace to help me find it quickly. The most important thing is that your little one is comfortable. The strollers at WDW are mostly hard plastic. I cannot imagine that they are completley comfortable during the summer months. And I take full advantage of the basket underneath to hold our daily supply of toys, snacks, diapers, ponchos, etc. I also always take a towel with me to cover up the seat if the carriage needs to be parked in the sun so that DS doens't burn his legs when getting back in after a ride/show.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

tkdmom said:
We always bring our own stroller. Remember, you'll be visiting more than the parks. I have often heard people comment that they wish Downtown Disney had stroller rental. We have often seen little ones with no stroller on their last leg there.

Additionally, the convenience of getting to the parks and avoiding one long line is worth the price right there.

A Disney trip is exhausting for anyone, let alone a four year old. Give the kid wheels whenever they want it.

We rent and prefer that to lugging it on the buses and stuff, but each person is different. I was one of those parents who was about to drop from carrying my child at DTD because I did not have a stroller, but I see on the map that they do have a stroller rental showing. Can anyone confirm that? I have never seen it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom