1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Stitch's Great Escape Replacement for 50th

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Magic Feather, Aug 7, 2016.

1. ppete1975

ppete1975 Well-Known Member

this could be in the middle.....
    [​IMG]

2. Magicart87

Magicart87 Well-Known Member

You are correct good sir. Kali isn't even at Six Flags standards. And Rafiki... well that's (hopefully) not long for AK! Isn't it planned for replacement?

3. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

Kali has an amazing queue, good storyline, beautiful rock work. All it needs is a little more kinetic energy. As for Rafiki, where else can you see a surgery on a lion?

Edit: other than the Internet

Speedy71, CJR, JenniferS and 6 others like this.
  4. Magicart87

Kali has an OK queue, a vanished storyline and beautiful yet commonplace rockwork. All it needs is a multi-million dollar upgrade, a plot and more kinetic energy. As for Rafiki... It's Nahtazu!

5. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

How come you never thicken the chat but instead say watered down opinions that have 0 to do with the discussion. Your like @jt04 acting like these are rumors

6. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Imagine an attraction where some random character from the Disney-owned IPs would pop into the teleportation chamber -- one time it might be Stitch, the next, Rocket, and the time after that, Groot...

Then open your imagination and include Donald Duck, Dr Strange, or even Loki...

Of course, that would take some money and time, and multiple AAs available under the stage to slide into place. I think that's probably beyond the reach of today's Imagineering crew...

Fantasmicguy, Princess Leia and aw14 like this.
  7. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

If Kali borders on the embarassing, Dinorama is beyond embarassing.

Kali and the surrounding area are thematically beautiful. Kali's problem is it's way too short and it blocks a huge expansion area.

8. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

No, Kali has a very good queue with a mediocre at best ride.

9. Magicart87

Yeah on second thought you're right. Queue is better than ride.

10. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

BH6 IN Tomorrowland is news to me. Although I have heard similar rumors.

11. Jrn14

Jrn14 Well-Known Member

This is 100% true....

I actually prefer my local amusement park's raft ride to Kali... but the que is beautiful.

Magicart87 likes this.
  12. egg

egg Well-Known Member

I think the biggest problem with Kali is that people are expecting a second drop after the long stretch of movement following the first, but it never happens. That is a bit of a letdown. And people often don't come off soaked. Extending the ride and adding another drop is where the money'd be best put to use, in my opinion.

The ride itself very much fits the theme of the park though.

I'd be happy if that's an indirect replacement for Stitch's Great Escape for the 50th. There, I tried.

13. PhilliesPhan93

PhilliesPhan93 Member

Eh Stich was ok but I'm perfectly fine with seeing this attraction go, put it this way If it was put up against any other attraction in Tomorrowland I'd pick this one to be removed

14. larandtra

larandtra Well-Known Member

Ill probably have a contrarian view in that I think that whole end of tomorrowland needs to be redone. Laugh Floor, Buzz, and Stitch all need to go and be replaced with better attractions. I could do without the speedway as well. But, we would eb talking about a LOT of money and creating people eating attractions that would help the flow of crowds. Not sure they will go that route long term.

15. PhilliesPhan93

PhilliesPhan93 Member

Aw! but laugh floor is one of the best Tomorrowland attractions! granted it could be updated but I still would not want to see it disappear

aw14 and Magenta Panther like this.
  16. larandtra

I think Laugh floor is fun to see now and then, but, I just dont see it as long term draw or an attraction people revisit. Im nto saying get rid of because I think its bad, but, get rid of in order to create something people will return to and will improve crowd flow. Thats a lot of area over there that could help alleviate a lot of crowds if it had better drawing attractions. While Buzz draws crowds, I doubt many dispute it may have outlived its life cycle in its current state. Either a reboot or a removal and replacement seem in order. But again, I just dont see them doing much to improve this area for a while.

Fantasmicguy likes this.
  17. dodolitsky

dodolitsky Well-Known Member

I think Buzz could be an awesome ride if they would significantly improve the shooting aspect - right now it's almost impossible to tell what you're shooting at. Otherwise, I think the ride has a really cool feel, even if it is filled with cardboard cutouts.

I don't think there's anything really wrong with MILF (acronym aside). It's not a headliner, but it's a solid attraction and I don't really see any need for it to be replaced, though I would never object to an upgrade.

SGE is an embarrassment to WDW and needs to be replaced ASAP. The attraction appeals to no demographic - it's too scary for kids and too simple, childish, and unimaginative for adults. It's a miracle that it has lasted this long and I would really hope Disney's plans aren't for this to still be seasonal by the time the 50th rolls around...

Magenta Panther likes this.
  18. njDizFan

njDizFan Well-Known Member

For me, Tomorrowland is SM and the Wedway (maybe throw in Astro). Everything else is a thematic mess. That being said, I enjoy Monster Inc. and Buzz(even prefer it over TSMM) and love CoP. Aliens, monsters and go carts really do not belong in a land that showcases our visions of tomorrow. I'm also in the camp where CoP and iaSW should go into Epcot.

azox, Fantasmicguy and cheezbat like this.
  19. larandtra

I would have no issue if they moved COP to Epcot. Not sure how those logistics would work but Id be perfectly happy with that.
    IASW, eh, doesnt really matter to me, but agreed that for me TL is Space Mtn, Astro, TTA and everything else can be redone and used more appropriately.

Fantasmicguy likes this.
  20. WDWTank

WDWTank Well-Known Member

Then it wouldn't be a legitimate attraction, more like an "advertising ride"....

Fantasmicguy and egg like this.