Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If this comes to fruition it will be amazing. It sounds like everything we've been wanting Universal to do in an attraction (dark ride, physical sets, AAs). I might even be interested enough to watch the movie. Btw is SLoP any good? I'm genuinely curious.

SLoP is simply silly fun if you are a pet owner its funnier still. It has a surprise ending which speaks to the universal desire to be loved.

brb1006

Nope. Complete demo/rebuild from the ground up. The ride has trackless ride vehicles, and over 50 AAs. Some of them on trackless bases that can move with and around the RVs. One really cool Tiberius (Red Tailed Hawk) AA that will appear to fly.
If that's true, that might be the largest amount of AA's by Universal standards.

brb1006

If this comes to fruition it will be amazing. It sounds like everything we've been wanting Universal to do in an attraction (dark ride, physical sets, AAs). I might even be interested enough to watch the movie. Btw is SLoP any good? I'm genuinely curious.
I watched Secret Life Of Pets back when it was still in theaters and actually enjoyed it. While not perfect or bad, it's nice to see an Illumination film that's actually taking a break from the Despicable Me/Minions franchise. Loved the dog voiced by Jenny Slate and the chubby female cat.

Maybe this might be the beginning of other Illumination films finally getting some representation outside of the Despicable Me franchise. I also enjoyed Sing that came out last December. My favorite character from that film would have to by Ash voiced by Scarlett Johansson besides the Red Pandas.

Last edited:

rd805

I agree but I don't think the ride is lame as hell. It's not great. It's really average but the theming is great. It just needs more detail and kinetics.

Compare it to any other raft-like ride at major theme parks, OR EVEN your neighborhood Six Flags and it is a pretty bad attraction. Every time i ride it i always get off saying "that's it?"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I hope TDO grows their balls back and decides to rebuild ExtraTERRORestrial in time for the 50th.

Bringing back ET isn't about bravery. It's about not bringing back something that caused huge problems with customers who hated it and children who freaked out on it. It isn't brave to bring back an attraction that wouldn't fill the queue, it's good business sense.

Matt_Black

Bringing back ET isn't about bravery. It's about not bringing back something that caused huge problems with customers who hated it and children who freaked out on it. It isn't brave to bring back an attraction that wouldn't fill the queue, it's good business sense.

They hated it because they were morons, ignoring the signs and Cast Members who said "This is not appropriate for young children." A particular sort of very stupid guests caused the huge problems, not the attraction.

trainplane3

M:S has been operating with a similar set up for some time now. It may not work for AE, or any MK attraction, but it's not without precedent at WDW.
Good point, that is very true. I think it works so well with M:S since they constantly shove the key words "green, orange, earth, mars, more intense, less intense" in your face at just about every point (getting the card, the pre-show rooms, the pre-boarding show). They'd have to do something like that in MK for it to work.

I still doubt people would follow a schedule. "Oh we missed Stitch at 1:15 but they're letting people in still, maybe we weren't late", while they go into the spooky AE 1:30 showing since they didn't look what was after Stitch.

RSoxNo1

Is Secret Life of Pets only replacing Shrek in Hollywood, or is it coming to Florida as well. I also didn't think the IP was big enough to validate an E-ticket dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom