Stitch opinions?

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
Based on the recent interior photos and with the walls gone what does everyone think of the look of Stitch's Great Escape?

Personally I strongly dislike the tacky, cartoony way it looks. The cutout of Stitch (hanging from the TTA track) looks very cheesy. I want Alien Enconuter back already. The Stitch animatronic looks more like a stuffed animal than a 40" Impressive figure.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Mickeyrulz said:
. I want Alien Enconuter back already. The Stitch animatronic looks more like a stuffed animal than a 40" Impressive figure.
Wait until you see it move before you pass judgment. :)

General Grizz

I can't judge till I see the finished product. I've accepted the change, and I am excited to see it, but I hope it holds some "authenticty" and departure from "plastic Disney."

I AM against any further character invasion in Tomorrowland. Stitch is where the line is drawn. . . anything after this will turn Tomorrowland into a pile of plastic and gift shops.

Legacy

Mickeyrulz said:
Personally I strongly dislike the tacky, cartoony way it looks. The cutout of Stitch (hanging from the TTA track) looks very cheesy. I want Alien Enconuter back already. The Stitch animatronic looks more like a stuffed animal than a 40" Impressive figure.
Considering the attraction is based off of a stylistic animiated movie, you really can't blame it for being "cartoony". I do agree I which the Stitch above the sign was three-dimensional, but considering it's proximity to the TTA track, I can understand why they left it as a flat.

And like Steve said... wait. The picture we have of Stitch is static and under work lights. The alien under work lights probably looked far less impressive than it did during the show and Stitch will be the same. I'm looking forward to the attraction, but judgement cannot be passed until it is experienced.

And you aren't getting X-S back.

General Grizz

Legacy said:
Considering the attraction is based off of a stylistic animiated movie, you really can't blame it for being "cartoony". I do agree I which the Stitch above the sign was three-dimensional, but considering it's proximity to the TTA track, I can understand why they left it as a flat.

And like Steve said... wait. The picture we have of Stitch is static and under work lights. The alien under work lights probably looked far less impressive than it did during the show and Stitch will be the same. I'm looking forward to the attraction, but judgement cannot be passed until it is experienced.

And you aren't getting X-S back.
If it can't be done with XS, then it shouldn't be done at all.

:lookaroun

(Sorry, I HAD to say this! :D :lol: )

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
General Grizz said:
I can't judge till I see the finished product. I've accepted the change, and I am excited to see it, but I hope it holds some "authenticty" and departure from "plastic Disney."

I AM against any further character invasion in Tomorrowland. Stitch is where the line is drawn. . . anything after this will turn Tomorrowland into a pile of plastic and gift shops.

Grizz, would you be for a Cars overlay on the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway? I've always been against animated film-based attractions in TL, but that would be an exception to me, because the TIS needs some help.

Me....I am already starting to NOT like it. The exterior: it's tacky, really.....and I don't like the Stitch "cutout" above the entrance sign. Plus, I hate how the 'canopy' where the FP distribution machines just sticks out there.

Interior: well, from those photos posted, it's not looking too good either. I mean, the old SIR preshow room looks horrid now....hopefully the main chambers will be an improvement.

Overall, I still am going to pass judgment and say that I don't like it....only because I loved The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (yes, I do like calling it by its full name) to death. It's the only MK attraction other than Splash Mountain that I'd love to experience several times in a day. I'm going to see SGE once, and once only on the night of November 6th.

LONG LIVE X-S TECH! :D

Are we looking at the same pictures? I was very impressed with the photos of the Stitch animatronic and felt they did a very good job of bringing a 2D animated figure to beautiful 3D reality. Being a Stitch fan, you may feel my opinion is biased, but the way I see it, if they were not faithful to the way Stitch looked, I would have been the first one in line complaining. I think the figure looks exactly like it should, better than I expected, and I can't wait to see it in action. As for the sign above the attraction, while it wouldn't have been my first choice, I don't think it detracts from the overall feel of Tomorrowland. Just my .02

yensidtlaw1969

626 said:
Are we looking at the same pictures? I was very impressed with the photos of the Stitch animatronic and felt they did a very good job of bringing a 2D animated figure to beautiful 3D reality. Being a Stitch fan, you may feel my opinion is biased, but the way I see it, if they were not faithful to the way Stitch looked, I would have been the first one in line complaining. I think the figure looks exactly like it should, better than I expected, and I can't wait to see it in action. As for the sign above the attraction, while it wouldn't have been my first choice, I don't think it detracts from the overall feel of Tomorrowland. Just my .02
You're a Stitch fan? I hadn't even noticed . . . :lol: .

Really :lookaroun .

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
I'm sorry to be so rude, but I really dislike the cartoon series Stitch in the first place. I don't think just because Alien Encounter wasn't for any age didn't mean it wasn't worthwile. Stitch doesn't belong in Tomorrowland anyway (and neither does Buzz tho I mildly enjoy that ride).

Legacy

Mickeyrulz said:
I'm sorry to be so rude, but I really dislike the cartoon series Stitch in the first place. I don't think just because Alien Encounter wasn't for any age didn't mean it wasn't worthwile. Stitch doesn't belong in Tomorrowland anyway (and neither does Buzz tho I mildly enjoy that ride).
Stitch's Great Escape has nothing to do with the cartoon series. It takes place before the events in the film. The style in which everything is being done looks to be very true to the film, and so I'm liking the way it looks.

goofyfan13

Remember, Stitch is cute and fluffy!!! :lol: :p

I'm gonna wait to see it before I judge the thing, if the animatronic is advanced as its as hyped, and the laser cannons look as cool as everyone says, then it should be pretty good. I will always miss AE, but Stitch may impress me.. you never know.

AEfx

General Grizz said:
I agree. I like the exterior shots I have seen, and think they will add nicely to the feel of Tomorrowland.

Although the stark white "futuristic" thing has nostalgia going for it, it's nice for Buzz and Stitch to give a little color to the place.

As to the show, I'll tell you in a few weeks when I see it (crosses fingers).

AEfx

s25843

Mickeyrulz said:

So, that being said, if you dislike Stitch so much, are you still going to ride it?

Walter

Based upon what I've seen, even though I've only seen interior and exterior photos, I'm extremely dissapointed. It doesn't help, of course, that I loved AE, and didn't like Lilo and Stitch, and that I'm picky with changes made in the parks.

I'll wait, but chances are almost nil that I'll like it.

TURKEY

First, I think Lilo and Stitch the series is one of the best Disney cartoons to come out in years, probally the best since the days of Darkwing and Rescue Rangers.

Second, I wasn't a big AE fan. Only did it once or twice. Probally won't do Stitch that much more, but am looking foward to it.

3rd, I'm not the biggest fan of the sign out front, but it's better than nothing.

4th, I don't like the character invasion into Tomorrowland.

5th, I'm waiting to experience it before judging the attraction fully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom