Stitch Chamber Closed

CoasterSnoop

Original Poster
On Thursday, my family went to Magic Kingdom, and because we love the attraction so much, we went to Stitch's Great Escape first. We went to the chamber on the left and everything was great as usual. When we went on the right, there was too much smoke, and one of the cannons wasn't even operating! On Friday, we went to inform a CM, and she told us the right chamber was closed. I'm not sure how the WDW Magic site was not informed about this, but the chamber on the right definitely closed.
EDIT: Heh, sorry guys. I didn't know that the chambers closed often. Oh well, that's what I get for not looking it up first!

RonAnnArbor

I was going to say the same thing -- its almost universally revered....I know I want my 7 minutes back after attending....

That being said -- it was down while I was there a few weeks ago for one of the three days...must be some problems...

Kamikaze

On Thursday, my family went to Magic Kingdom, and because we love the attraction so much, we went to Stitch's Great Escape first. We went to the chamber on the left and everything was great as usual. When we went on the right, there was too much smoke, and one of the cannons wasn't even operating! On Friday, we went to inform a CM, and she told us the right chamber was closed. I'm not sure how the WDW Magic site was not informed about this, but the chamber on the right definitely closed.

One side of an attraction being down for a time is not exactly news.

Rescue Ranger

I got excited too quickly when I read the title, thinking this "attraction" may finally be on its way out.....:eek:

Seriously though, so much space wasted for what should be put to good use for a worth while attraction. I'm still angry I waited in line for this the one time I was on it...I want my minute and a half back!

The Duck

I haven't been "Stitched" in years. The two times that I've been there, it was to half a house at best so I'm wondering if lack of attendance prompted them to close one side indefinitely just so the remaining audience won't feel so lonely.

ibaw

I don't post often, mostly because I am in a position where I really have to be careful what I say, but WOW way to make a new poster feel welcome. I can really sense the community flowing out of this thread...

rct247

The chamber on the left is "Chamber A". The chamber on the right is "Chamber B". Chamber A always is colder in temperature than Chamber B. It also has better ventilation. The theatrical smoke therefore lingers in Chamber more because of the warmer air and poor ventilation.

Chamber A also has an effect working that Chamber B does not. The "hot wire effect" near the end of the show was brought back just a couple of months ago. The effect is only partial in Chamber B with wires dropping down midway through the show. Chamber A however has the full effect with the wires then connecting and sparking at the end.

From time to time, each chamber has downtime for various reasons whether it be an audio animatronic figure fault, both canons not working, a certain number of seats down, or the visual display monitors cutting out. These usually are fixed very quickly on the same day if not the same hour. If one canon or one monitor goes down in the show, a cast member usually waits a show to see if it resets in the next show. In some cases it does. If not, the cast member calls it into maintenance in the next show. 3-4 shows can go by with the problem existing, but eventually it is reset. Of all the things that go wrong with Stitch's Great Escape, non working seat restraints and canon stops.

Today, March 18, 2012 and even yesterday March 17, 2012 both chambers were up and running the majority of the day. If anything they may have experienced a brief moment of downtime. Also during the first hour and sometimes the last hour of the day, only one chamber (Chamber A) is usually in operation due to low guest attendance.

If it is anything that needs to be reported on about Stitch's Great Escape, it should be photo documentation of how disgusting the chambers are under close inspection. Lots of hard water stains, rust, oil stains, peeling paint, and dusty rafters.

The Empress Lilly

Thanks for the heads-up. And welcome to the forum! :wave:

Me I love Stitch the movie. I think the attraction is a bit underwhelming, albeit not the disaster most people here think it is.

Could we have an example on our hands of Disney closing (half of) an attraction because of bad show? That is actually good news. Although, of course, the decision to close is easy with the attraction still being operational, nor commonly overran by hordes of must-see-it-or-my-vacation-is-ruined fans.

Edit: Ah, hadn't read the post directly above.

RSoxNo1

please close that horrid attraction.

People are entitled to like Stitch. I hate when people suggest closing an attraction without a replacement.

I'd be all for replacing Stitch with something better, but to simply close it with no replacement is a poor decision for us fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom