Still no Moonlight Magic for 2021?

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
What's going on with this? Seems a little confusing that they aren't planning any events considering the DVC attendance to MM is definitely < 35% and members pay for it. What's the problem that I am missing?

nickys

Premium Member
The problem is this costs DVC a lot of money ordinarily. I would think it could also be there are not enough CMs at the moment to staff an event. Moonlight Magic events are really to our new members, this isn’t the time to do that.

I think they might return in 2022.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Program is paid out of the DVC marketing budget and DVC sales are at a fraction of their usual levels, so I don’t imagine they will announce more until they are ramping up. I could imagine them announcing some this spring/summer so they can point potential buyers to them but I agree with @nickys that anything they announce is more likely than not going to be for 2022.

wutisgood

The problem is this costs DVC a lot of money ordinarily. I would think it could also be there are not enough CMs at the moment to staff an event. Moonlight Magic events are really to our new members, this isn’t the time to do that.

I think they might return in 2022.
Disney absolutely has people willing to work the extra hours. They always do.

correcaminos

What's going on with this? Seems a little confusing that they aren't planning any events considering the DVC attendance to MM is definitely < 35% and members pay for it. What's the problem that I am missing?
Pandemic still has many CMs out of work and not all are traveling or able to still.... not shocked nothing was announced. Imagine if we managed a spike in cases and they'd have to cancel all again. Better just wait until 2022

Chip Chipperson

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere here yet, but the latest issue of Disney Files (Jungle Cruise on the cover) mentions that they do plan on bringing back Moonlight Magic events in the future and are in discussions about when and how to do so. No dates are mentioned, but anyone fearing that they won't bring them back can breathe a sigh of relief for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom