still need IDEAS

Firewolfe51

Original Poster
Hey folks I posted a thread a few days ago about needing ideas of where at WDW would be the best place to pop the BIG question to my wonderful girlfriend. This will take place sometime this fall, her ring is being made right now!!!! Any more good ideas please post.

Thanks sooooooo much
Scott:sohappy: :veryconfu :sohappy: :veryconfu :sohappy:

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Proposal!

I have 2 ideas. Hire one of those little planes that tow advertising banners around. Work it out with the pilot as to the time and location and then take your girlfriend to the spot where she will get a good look at the plane. The message should be "Jill, will you Marry Me?" (i.e. used Jill because I don't know your girlfriends name). Another thing you could do is buy advertising on a billboard. Have the same message posted on the billboard in the greater Orlando area, then just drive by.

DisJosh

Re: my idea

Originally posted by LongballMG
What do you guys think of my idea?

Mike

I think someones looking for attention. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How about on Tower of Terror?

Is she as much of a Disney fan as you? If not I would save it for off a ride rather than on one. ;)

Maybe somewhere in World Showcase if you're looking for romantic. :)

General Grizz

If you are shy of saying it, buy one of those stones in front of the Magic Kingdom asking for your wedding. Don't point to it, but walk by...I believe it happened before.

I am sure you can go to Guest Relations and they may be able to have someone in a parade hold a sign up or something, or allow you to be in the parade somehow...

I'm just trying to think of ways no one could really suspect it...

TURKEY

Re: my idea

Originally posted by LongballMG
What do you guys think of my idea?

Mike

Here's an idea: Leave before you get banned.

Seriously, call or email guest relations. There is a department that handles wedding proposals. I'm sure guest relations could get you in contact with that department. If you search for weddings/proposals on this forum, you might be able to find an email/phone number for the proposal department.

Cheryl

Well, for my two cents and take it for what it was worth, but I really liked the idea of getting it incorporated into the parade at MK. I don't know if Disney will do it but maybe before Beauty and the Beast or Cinderella's waterglobe comes in front of you (I guess you'd have to be in one of those places that they parade actually stops and has the kids come out and dance, etc.) they can pull you out and one of the characters can hold up a sign and you can get down on one knee with the ring and point to the sign? That sounds like it would be pretty wonderful....that is unless you wanted to do it more privately. But no, naked on a boat would probably excite your girlfriend but probably not the way you want to be telling your future children or grandchildren about! :lol:

Cheryl
I'm going to Disney!!!
10 days and counting!:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Have disney project "Will you marry me, (girlfriend's name)?" on Spaceship Earth! I know they have the lasers...remember when they used to project the Earth on it after IllumiNations? You gotta time it perfectly...eat in a World Showcase restaurant (my brother-in-law actually proposed to my sister in Feb. 2001 at the San Angel Inn), and have disney make it so that the second you walk out, THERE IT IS! Or, of course, they could leave it on for your entire meal....and then there is the ring-in-the-sand deal...but that's a bit dangerous...I wouldn't do that for fear that I'd forget where I put the ring! What Resort are you staying at? Depending on that, you could also do something great right there! (Disney does have unlimited air space over the parks, right?)

Jimmy

Originally posted by Firewolfe51
Hey folks I posted a thread a few days ago about needing ideas of where at WDW would be the best place to pop the BIG question to my wonderful girlfriend. This will take place sometime this fall, her ring is being made right now!!!! Any more good ideas please post.

Thanks sooooooo much
Scott:sohappy: :veryconfu :sohappy: :veryconfu :sohappy:

Propose somewhere that is special to her. Maybe her favorite attraction or a place that holds a special memory. Try to make the event unique for y'all.

MKingdom25

I like the simple idea of proposing on Main Street during the "Fantasy in the Sky" Fireworks at Magic Kingdom. I know this maybe not that unique but I think captures the Disney magic! I think it is very romantic.

If you want to go for more unique - less romantic, how about right before the first drop on Tower of Terror? Definitely something different.

There are a few ideas. BTW Firewolfe51, where are you staying?

TURKEY

Originally posted by MKingdom25

If you want to go for more unique - less romantic, how about right before the first drop on Tower of Terror? Definitely something different.

Remind me to try and be on that car if you do it. Maybe the ring will fly up into the air, and who knows maybe into my pocket.
:lol:

figmentmom

Those parade ideas sound GREAT, as long as the timing is right and luck is on your side! However, the best-laid plans can go awry in a big hurry, so have a Plan B. How about proposing in front of the castle after almost everyone else has left? The colored lights on the castle are simply UNBEATABLE for a romantic atmosphere. Go for it, and let us know how it worked out!:sohappy:

MKingdom25

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Remind me to try and be on that car if you do it. Maybe the ring will fly up into the air, and who knows maybe into my pocket.
:lol:

Now thats not the Disney spirit! HAHA :lol: :lol:

lamarvenoy

i proposed to my wife at Epcot a few years ago. i wasn't sure how or where to do it. I contemplated alot of the same stuff suggested to you by others on this board. i chose to wing it, and after walking around epcot for awhile i lead her down the stairs by France overlooking the water, i told her to close her eyes i got down on one knee and Blamo! she was very surprised and a few people who were on the next terrace up cheered and yelled. we both couldn't be happier with my choice. and you will love yours as well. its a special moment wherever you have it. the only downside is i had been putting money aside for a new vette and now she's wearing it on her finger;) now that's love.

Firewolfe51

Original Poster
those are some great ideas ........as far as where we are staying ??????????? still not sure ....hey ya'll thanks alot keep em coming ya'll are the best

Disney_Freak:oþ

awwww,this is too sweet...i'm sure your girlfriend will love it no matter what!! i know i would...
ok,i was thinking something like illuminations,but that idea was already taken...but what about...what is her favorite disney character? maybe you could get someone to help,and you can arange it where the character is holding a sign...or like the other ideas,have a sky-write,and get her favorite character to hug her and stuff,then suddenly freak out and point towards the sky,making her look to see the message...i think it would be cute and sweet to have a character involved like that some way....anyway,good luck!! and congratulations! let us know how you end up doing it,ok?

Disney_Freak:oþ

lol...i was just thinking...u know what would suck? if you got a sky-write thing with like (dunno ur gf's name) 'kim,will u marry me?' and then someone else be in the park named kim,and think that their boyfriend was proposing...wouldn't that be embarassing if that girl started freaking out and thinking she was being proposed to...
Omg...i doubt you could ever get this to happen,but what if YOU dressed up as her favorite character...say,pluto...go to a restaurant,then tell her you have to go to the bathroom...then come back,acting like them....and write 'i want to take you away' or something on a note and hand it to her...and then she'll be like,'i have a bf' or whatever...then you could be like,'i know...and he's asking you to marry him' or something...i dunno...then take off your head (lol) and get on your knee and take out the ring...that would be so adorable! ok,i'm going to shut up now.. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom