"Still beats Disney's California Adventure"

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Recently when watching the Simpsons I came across this quote I had never noticed before.

For fans of the show you will remember the episode where Homer nearly gets murdered and Sideshow Bob helps him find the killer. The episode aired around 2003.

In the episode, Bart and Lisa are at a resort and Bart stated that it's "still better than Disney's California Adventure" which would have opened up in 2001.

Is this an accurate portrayal in your opinion? Or just typical Simpsons which let's face it, make fun of everything

sponono88

Well.. That's the Simpsons for ya. It's nothing new, it's typical for the writers to make fun of Disney parks. I seem to remember them making fun of EPCOT as well.

Whether or not that's an accurate portrayal.. Some people really love the park, others don't. You'll get plenty of answers ranging from those who enjoy the park or those who will criticize it. With shows like Aladdin and World of Color, new rides like TSMM, and countless placemaking projects/enhancements throughout, DCA in a very different spot than it was in 2003.

It's currently undergoing a billion-dollar expansion -- we'll see what the final result is in a couple of years :)

Wilt Dasney

Even hardcore Disney fans concede the park sucked when it opened. The show would have been playing off that sentiment, since it was produced within 2 years of the park's opening.

That's actually a pretty savvy reference IMO, since I would guess DCA has far less cultural recognition outside of Disney fans than Epcot or Disneyland. It's a joke that Disney fans could actually appreciate more (and laugh at harder) than someone else.

BrerFrog

I saw that episode a while ago and that line got me bad. :ROFLOL:

I also remember there was an episode on which they made fun of EPCOT. However, I don't recall specific details.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I saw that episode a while ago and that line got me bad. :ROFLOL:

I also remember there was an episode on which they made fun of EPCOT. However, I don't recall specific details.

Something along lines of "even flying over epcot is boring"

Homer later climbed in to a park for free and you can hear him being charged a huge amount for a churro :ROFLOL:

Tigger1988

It was a pretty accurate, and timely reference. Also very funny.

Another episode revolved around them going to EFCOT Center. Lest we forget Itchy and Scratchyland and it's counterpart Euro Itchy and Scratchyland :ROFLOL:

The Simpsons' Disney sendups are always hilarious.

BrerFrog

Something along lines of "even flying over epcot is boring"

Homer later climbed in to a park for free and you can hear him being charged a huge amount for a churro :ROFLOL:

I still can't get over the fact that you have to pay extra for the filling. I was like: what? :eek:

ryno1982

DCA is more fun than DHS, Epcot, and DAK. Consider that the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World, Soarin' and Toy Story Midway Mania, are both there, as is the Tower of Terror and California Screamin', which is way better than Rock'n RollerCoaster.

That Simpsons joke was still funny though. There's another reference in another episode where Homer is trying to hide his mother, and he says he'll hide her where no one will ever find her- Disney's California Adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom