Still avoid Epcot on the weekend?

Weather_Lady

I think it depends on where you'll be spending your time. For whatever reason, every time we go during F&W it seems we end up doing EPCOT on a Saturday or Sunday. As long as we hit World Showcase first thing, so we can spend the afternoon and evening in Future World, we don't run into any issues,* as the F&W-focused guests are obviously concentrated in World Showcase. If the attraction lines in Future World are significantly affected by F&W crowds, we've never noticed it.

(*By "issues," I simply mean, "crowds of slightly-impaired people making it more difficult to easily get from one place to another in World Showcase." Not a big deal for my family now, or for any group of adults, but when our kids were small we once made the mistake of trying to navigate World Showcase during an elbow-to-elbow F&W crowd, to try and get to a dining reservation. Even though they held our hands and stayed close, our kids ended up getting shoved, stepped on, saluted with F-bombs, and splattered with beer by staggering celebrants. Granted, none of those folks were trying to be aggressive: they were just jubilant, sloppy drunks, doing what sloppy drunks do, but we learned our lesson about staying away from that part of the park during F&W with little ones.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I think it depends on where you'll be spending your time. For whatever reason, every time we go during F&W it seems we end up doing EPCOT on a Saturday or Sunday. As long as we hit World Showcase first thing, so we can spend the afternoon and evening in Future World, we don't run into any issues,* as the F&W-focused guests are obviously concentrated in World Showcase. If the attraction lines in Future World are significantly affected by F&W crowds, we've never noticed it.

(*By "issues," I simply mean, "crowds of slightly-impaired people making it more difficult to easily get from one place to another in World Showcase." Not a big deal for my family now, or for any group of adults, but when our kids were small we once made the mistake of trying to navigate World Showcase during an elbow-to-elbow F&W crowd, to try and get to a dining reservation. Even though they held our hands and stayed close, our kids ended up getting shoved, stepped on, saluted with F-bombs, and splattered with beer by staggering celebrants. Granted, none of those folks were trying to be aggressive: they were just jubilant, sloppy drunks, doing what sloppy drunks do, but we learned our lesson about staying away from that part of the park during F&W with little ones.)
Good point. Thanks!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Not only is the EP events attracting guests back, but the locals are coming out to enjoy the lifted restrictions and have a return to good times. The F&W typically has great food and drink reviews that everyone wants to sample. On the F&G event we attended, we had made park days to avoid the weekends as advised by many sites, which worked out better than we had hoped. The lines for every kiosk were reasonable and we had no problems getting what we targeted. The foods that were better rated in the past that had returned again were more popular. I'd advise you to see the reviews of whats there and get a plan on where you want to taste ahead of time to save you time searching and trying to decide which items to spend your money on.

Upvote 0

Missing20K

So attempting to take one single and one double stroller to the Biergarten at 6ish during F&W is a bad idea?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

So attempting to take one single and one double stroller to the Biergarten at 6ish during F&W is a bad idea?
Actually, no, it's not such a bad idea. 6pm is still pretty early, and you'd only have to cross the Mexico Pavilion to get to the German Pavilion and the Biergarten (assuming you enter WS from the Test Track side), so I think that's pretty doable. Better yet, put a cow catcher or battering ram on the front of the double stroller: you'll be invincible!

Upvote 0

Missing20K

Actually, no, it's not such a bad idea. 6pm is still pretty early, and you'd only have to cross the Mexico Pavilion to get to the German Pavilion and the Biergarten (assuming you enter WS from the Test Track side), so I think that's pretty doable. Better yet, put a cow catcher or battering ram on the front of the double stroller: you'll be invincible!
Well we’d be coming from the gateway as part of our party is at the BWI and the other at the Swolphin. Do the stroller rental places have the cow catchers available as an add-on? Lol. We could always pack the soccer cleats and tell the little ones to stick their legs out. I was hoping with the reservation time we will miss the big throngs of, ahem, spirited visitors, on the way in, I’m a bit more concerned on the way out at 8 or 9. Maybe a cow catcher on the double and a battering ram on the single 🤷‍♂️😀

I suspect we will go back around the lagoon through the construction mess if it seems the atmosphere is too lively.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Well we’d be coming from the gateway as part of our party is at the BWI and the other at the Swolphin. Do the stroller rental places have the cow catchers available as an add-on? Lol. We could always pack the soccer cleats and tell the little ones to stick their legs out. I was hoping with the reservation time we will miss the big throngs of, ahem, spirited visitors, on the way in, I’m a bit more concerned on the way out at 8 or 9. Maybe a cow catcher on the double and a battering ram on the single 🤷‍♂️😀

I suspect we will go back around the lagoon through the construction mess if it seems the atmosphere is too lively.
If you stick to the middle of the walkway and keep your wits about you, I'm sure you'll be fine, and may end up with a fun story or two to share later. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom