Still At Crossroads POFQ VS CSR

petey

Original Poster
I am still torn between staying at these two resorts. In the past I have stayed at AKL and really like the restaurants their as well as Victoris Falls. Have gotten friendly with the bartenders their. I am going to the World in early Jan. 2014, and trying to cut expenses and am presently booked at POFQ. I have made some ADR's for Jiko, Boma & Sanaa, and plan to spend some time after dinner at Victoria Falls. I originally decided on POFQ because alot of people said how big a resort CSR was, and that there was alot of walking involved, and with 4/5 bus stops it took longer to get to the parks, and that when busses were full that they would not stop, and as a convention hotel at times it could get loud, and crowded with people in business suits talking about work while other guest were trying to enjoy time away from work. The pluses are that CSR is located more centrally to most things (including closer to AKL), and that they have a full service restaurant & (Nix Lounge). POFQ is a much smaller resort, where you are not far from the pool, food court or lobby, whereas with CSR it is all about what building you are in. I need your opinions please. ***Also at the end of the evening when I have to go from AKL (Victoria Falls) back over to POFQ, how long of a taxi ride is it, and around how much should I expect to pay? Should I change from POFQ to CSR? Thnks everyone for your thoughts!!!!! ***Also to @Master Yoda

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR also offer business club level rooms now with lounge access.

CSR has queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

You'll definitely want to check out my CSR website and forum below. It helped with my planning tremendously. There is also a CSR Forum with lots of information including up-to-date convention and rehab schedules. Have a great trip!

CSR Website
http://myapi.io/?c416789

CSR Forum
http://myapi.io/?e88b4cf

I'm a fan of Disney resorts that offers boat transportation. So of the two, I'd prefer French Quarter.

Since you specifically mention that you enjoyed Victoria Falls, I would say that CSR definitely has better onsite bars and lounges. But you're just a boat ride away from plenty of restaurants, bars and nightlife when you stay at FQ.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The taxi ride from AKL would be shorter and a little cheaper if you are staying at Coronado since it is located closer to AKL than POFQ. The Coronado does have their own lounge too, then you wouldn't have to worry about a taxi. I would pick Coronado as I like the theming there and had a good experience there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom