Sticks for the Campfire at Ft Wilderness?

WDWMPrincess

Original Poster
Took my kids to the campfire at Ft Wilderness when we visited Disney and it is one of our favorite memories. From what I remember they sold kits for s'mores and everyone got to toast the marshmallows over the "campfire" which was really in a sort of raised fire pit. I don't remember paying for the stick so either it came with the kit or they just gave them to us.

Now they charge separately for the grilling stick. I'm just curious if I can just take a set of retractable grilling forks with us or if security is going to allow those? The ones we have are pretty much exactly like this set sold online. I'm sure as long as we pack them in our checked luggage they'll be fine to bring with us, but I don't want to bother if we can't use them for the campfire.

WDWMPrincess

Original Poster
Sticks are $0.50 each. A bag of marshmallows is $4.99. I would just bring my own everything else but buy sticks there.

Thank you! I read in a blog post from last year with a picture of the pricing sign that said the sticks were $.059 each. With our large family group that'll come out to almost $6 including tax. Which isn't a huge sum, but I already have the forks. The blog post suggested bringing your own stick so I thought I would bring what I have as long as it wouldn't be a problem. The ones I have are just slightly different in that they have a cap that goes over the fork end resulting in a plastic container about the size of one of those plastic cigar tubes. I have talked to someone who was at Disney last March who said they took the sort without caps into Fort Wilderness with no problems in their camper but we're not camping there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom