Sticker Shock

What's a better way to spend money?

• More stickers

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Printed napkins (like they used to have)

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Other

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters

Sonconato

Original Poster
As I walk around the park and go on rides, I see stickers everywhere. It just got me thinking. I understand that they are for the kids and everything, but it just is a shame they end up where they don't belong. If you have other suggestions, I would like to hear them.

Sonconato

Original Poster
LOL. I thought you were talking about prices. I have no idea what you are talking about, but I'll have whatever it is you're having tonight. Oh, and I voted for printed napkins just because they are so much prettier than plain brown napkins.
Sorry. I just meant that the circular character stickers the cast members hand out to the kids end up everywhere, and because those stickers are as impossible to get off as graffiti is, I thought maybe you guys would have some better thoughts on how to spend the money. If we had a voice, anyway.

The Empress Lilly

Those stickers are neat in principle, but goodness do they make a mess. They're all over the place.

Printed napkins are fun, immersive and create a sense of upscale value. (Yes, you guessed it! Sarcastic remark coming up!): This means odds of seeing them at current WDW are slightly lower than Donald Trump's birth certificate revealing his real name is Ramón Gonzales, but higher than a pixieduster understanding that complimentary water does not spell the end of Western civilisation through frightening entitlement.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Ugh..Those stickers.......:banghead:
free-disney-stickers-at-walt-disney-world-freebies-at-walt-disney-world.jpg

Never give them to Idiots.....Here's one implemented to the street in Tomorrowland...
DSC04922.jpg

And here's one being defaced on a prop in the garden at the former Toontown Fair....
DSC04005.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I hate the stickers. Cheap and bad idea.

There is a way to make them better though, and that's to weaken the glue, but then they wouldn't stick to shirts and skin so well (which is what they were intended for)...

Seems a big waste of money (both buying them, then paying maintenance to remove them) for VERY little magic to me.

Siren

Sorry. I just meant that the circular character stickers the cast members hand out to the kids end up everywhere, and because those stickers are as impossible to get off as graffiti is, I thought maybe you guys would have some better thoughts on how to spend the money. If we had a voice, anyway.
Hi @Sonconato! Wow, I have never noticed the stickers anywhere at WDW. But, I totally agree with everyone. Disney should ban and get rid of the stickers just like gum and they would save so much money from the cost of the stickers -- the cost of labor to hand them out -- Goo Be Gone which is not cheap -- plus additional labor costs to remove said stickers. And, the savings can go toward building more rides!

Donillary Crumpton

In theory, the stickers were a pretty neat idea at the core, and something special for children to enjoy while at the parks. Yet it was we the guest body who turned something meant to be fun into something trashing up the parks. In a world with a more enlightened; respectable public, this idea would have worked as intended, and not become an extra eyesore or chore for the cleaning crew.

So even though Disney meant well with this sticker concept, they were putting way too much faith in the average park guest to properly dispose of said sticker, and handle this mini-perk respectfully.

Goofyernmost

LOL. I thought you were talking about prices. I have no idea what you are talking about, but I'll have whatever it is you're having tonight. Oh, and I voted for printed napkins just because they are so much prettier than plain brown napkins.
Yea, and "pretty" is so important when one is wiping the mustard/saliva combination off ones chin. It makes for a more pleasant dumpster dive as well.

Goofyernmost

I would bet that they thought of that already and all it takes is a little water to release them from their evil hold. A quick hit with a power sprayer would pretty much pulverize them into sticker heaven.

Weather_Lady

I hate the stickers. Cheap and bad idea.

There is a way to make them better though, and that's to weaken the glue, but then they wouldn't stick to shirts and skin so well (which is what they were intended for)...

Seems a big waste of money (both buying them, then paying maintenance to remove them) for VERY little magic to me.

Excellent idea! There is such a thing -- you can buy stick-on labels made for canning jars that disintegrate when washed. A sticker made from the same material would stick well initially, but literally wash away with soap and water or a good hard rain.

EOD K9

Watch this......But if you spent the money on nicer napkins, then people would take large bunches of them to use at home as souvenirs. Then we will have to raise prices for napkins and just give out plain brown ones. I think I may have heard that before.

epcotisbest

Watch this......But if you spent the money on nicer napkins, then people would take large bunches of them to use at home as souvenirs. Then we will have to raise prices for napkins and just give out plain brown ones. I think I may have heard that before.

Nobody would take home Disney napkins or the little paper coasters either...oh wait...never mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom