Step by Step from WDW today

RoninHood

Original Poster
Anyone catch the rerun of step by step on the abc family channel today?
It was a two parter at wdw ,it was kinda silly ,espcially when the girls sang "girls with guitars,daddys little angels,lol".but they did show some nice footage from the magic kingdom and the disney studios.but when it came to epcot,they showed very little of it,i wonder why.i guess they needed permission from the sponsors at epcot.
it was nice to see some of the old epcot again pre 25th anniversary.

BeachClubVillas

IIRC, they stayed at Old Key West, right? I remember the girls singing in one scene and it looked like a two-bedroom at OKW. I think that was the only DVC around "back then in the olden days." :lol:

I liked the Full House episode in WDW better because it showed more of the MK and GF. Roseanne was a good one too.

PBarton

BeachClubVillas said:
IIRC, they stayed at Old Key West, right? I remember the girls singing in one scene and it looked like a two-bedroom at OKW. I think that was the only DVC around "back then in the olden days." :lol:

I liked the Full House episode in WDW better because it showed more of the MK and GF. Roseanne was a good one too.
The Roseanne episode is class! Does anybody know which season this was from? They are starting to sell the complete season DVD box sets here in the UK, and I would love to get the set featuring that episode! Thanks

HunnyPot

BeachClubVillas said:

I liked the Full House episode too! There was also a good Boy Meets World episode where Topanga went to Epcot for some kind of school trip, and she had broken up with Cory and he followed her there. That one had some really good footage from Epcot.

peter11435

RoninHood said:
Anyone catch the rerun of step by step on the abc family channel today?
It was a two parter at wdw ,it was kinda silly ,espcially when the girls sang "girls with guitars,daddys little angels,lol".but they did show some nice footage from the magic kingdom and the disney studios.but when it came to epcot,they showed very little of it,i wonder why.i guess they needed permission from the sponsors at epcot.
it was nice to see some of the old epcot again pre 25th anniversary.
They didn't have much footage from Epcot because it was not a large part of the story line. Disney does not need permission from any of their sponsors to allow filming. Disney owns the pavillions regardless of who sponsors them.

wannab@dis

PBarton said:
The Roseanne episode is class! Does anybody know which season this was from? They are starting to sell the complete season DVD box sets here in the UK, and I would love to get the set featuring that episode! Thanks

Season 8, Episode 190

google is your friend!

RoninHood

Original Poster
Its funny how everyone stares at the camera when they are filming the episode.lol.
you notice the body guard during the potc scenes.some big black guy pushing the crowd back.
and the dude suking the ice cream pop just inside the entrance to potc,just stares at the camera crew while suking away,just way to funny.:lol:
if i'm going be on tv,it sure won't be suking an ice cream mickey ears.:slurp:*O*
/

I watched it :D

But, my favorite WDW episodes are Full House, Roseanne, and Boy Meets World. They're all 3 my favorite, I could never pick just one!

ELopez

Hey, I was actually there when they filmed that episode of Step by Step. It would have been Feb. of 1996, I'm pretty sure. We saw the cast at MGM and watched some taping at EPCOT. I have video of Patrick Duffy getting out of the convertible at MGM in front of GMR - my friends & I yelled "Hey, Mr. Duffy!", when he looked up to wave, he tripped and nearly fell! Looking straight into our camcorder! It was priceless. I wasn't a major Step by Step fan or anything, just a little starstruck.

TheBeatles

These are the shows I know that went to WDW...
1.Full House
2.Step by Step
3.Boy Meets World
4.Family Matters
5.Roseanne

I believe I am missing a couple. Pretty much an TGIF show went to Disney and it was all usually 2 parters. My personal favorite was Full House. The worst out of this bunch was Family Matters.

DisneyFreak529

PBarton said:

I love Roseanne, that episode is the best!

saucymb

Sabrina the Teenage Witch also went to WDW, the year the Animal Kingdom opened.

Does the fact that I know this make me a dork?

FrumiousBoojum

And then there's the odd one of the bunch: Blossom.

That's the only sitcom that I know of that went to Disneyland rather than WDW. (Cheers doesn't count -- that wasn't on an episode of Cheers.)

But that was one of the greatest park shows anyway, not only because of long gone attractions featured prominently, but also the scene where Abraham Lincoln stops his show in the empty theater to give advice. :)

Of course, it really showed its age when MMC (the "band" formed from some of the cast of the show) started performing. Of course, what of Blossom *doesn't* scream early 90s?

And while the worst of the bunch is Family Matters (especially with the whole "stay in Chicago, don't move here where you'll just be blowing all your money on Disney" aspect of the show), I'm still rather fond of the scene where Grandma Winslow was riding ToT about 50 times in one day. :)

I've always wondered, though: how can each character manage to cover so much of WDW in one day? Seems like they must get around pretty well...

i actually like the Family Matters Episode B/C it showed alot of Magic Kingdom and I thought it was cool the way that "Stephan" proposed to Laura. it was awsome! that will be the way i propose to my special someone wheh she comes into my life!

and of course the simpsons episode did a great job praising the MK. but they made fun of my favorite EPCot. which made me mad!

RoninHood

Original Poster
Now if "married with children" filmed an episode there,that would have been way cool!
i can see it now,al lost in pleasure island looking for the nudie bar!lol:lol:

matt88mph

I just saw the Rosanne and Step by Step episodes because I figured out how to download directly to CD (no more hard-drive clutter for me!). I was impressed with how good these shows are. They blew Family Matters (which was the first thing I ever TiVo'd) out of the water. I was a bit confused at how Rosanne can be considered a two-parter. They didn't show them at WDW until the second episode. All in all, these were very good.

I just wish they made a WDW episode for Home Improvement.

pluto77

I never knew Blossom had a disney episode either. Wow I haven't seen that show in ages. I just saw a Golden Girls and Dorothy and Sophia went to Disney World, but they stayed in the room the whole time. The only scene it showed was like the last 10 seconds they showed a picture of space mountain (and the skyway is still there). The only other one I haven't seen besides Blossom is the Rosanne one. My favorites are the Full House and Boy Meets World ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom