Steakhouse 71 coming to Disney's Contemporary Resort along with new dining at California Grill

JohnD

What if they add a DJ? It was light and airy when it was an arcade and they had a shooting gallery and a movie theater where you could see old Disney movies. There seems to be a lot of 'reimagining', but not much new. I thought it was a steakhouse before it was The Wave.

I hear there's a DJ looking for a gig who recently had one as people were exiting After Hours at MK.

MikeyK72

"In addition to Steakhouse 71, Disney has also confirmed that a new dining experience will be coming to the California Grill. As part of the experience, there will be a new limited-time menu drawing on the history the restaurant."

Does that mean the California Grill is staying but there will be a different menu or is that a cryptic way of saying THAT'S going to be The Incredibles Restaurant?
Let's hope they don't go with a character dinner and ruin Cali Grill like they did to Artist Point.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ch

My best guess is that it'll become some sort of "temporary" premium prix fixe menu to draw more money per guest. I'm thinking like Royal Table pricing or higher. I'm also imagining that the menu could include twists / homages to shuttered Contemporary restaurants.
During Hurricane Dorian in 2019 we had an awesome buffet at the Wave. Buffet entrees of the highest quality as were all the sides. Simply amazing at $15 per adult. We also had a wonderful meal at Chef Mickeys. Also $15.

we were at BLT. You can’t leave properly during a hurricane or until property clean up is completed for safety So pick your resorts wisely if you will be toughing it out at Disney. In 2017 we rode out hurricane Irma at the Wilderness Lodge. Artist Point was excellent food both breakfast and dinner. There is good reason when a hurricane is coming so many book these nice resorts.

Tomi-Rocket

I loved The Wave, it became an instant favorite after eating there the very first time so I’m sad to see it go. I wish we would’ve discovered earlier than we did. But Disney is always changing so now I’m anxiously waiting to see the new refurb and menu for both Steakhouse 71 and California Grill. 🙂

Skywise

During Hurricane Dorian in 2019 we had an awesome buffet at the Wave. Buffet entrees of the highest quality as were all the sides. Simply amazing at $15 per adult. We also had a wonderful meal at Chef Mickeys. Also $15.

we were at BLT. You can’t leave properly during a hurricane or until property clean up is completed for safety So pick your resorts wisely if you will be toughing it out at Disney. In 2017 we rode out hurricane Irma at the Wilderness Lodge. Artist Point was excellent food both breakfast and dinner. There is good reason when a hurricane is coming so many book these nice resorts.
Do they block the windows on the atrium during the hurricane?

Gabe1

Do they block the windows on the atrium during the hurricane?
No but we were sent to our rooms for worst hours. For us the worst was getting from Bay Lake Towers to Contemporary as Food is only Contemporary

Gabe1

I don't suppose they left the Top of the World bar open through the hurricane either :D

Like they said on the Titanic - "Serving drinks til the ship sinks"
If I am remembering correctly only the Wave bar was open for Dorian.

At Wilderness Lodge we were in the main building and and the lobby bar closed very early the night Irma arrived. We were all sent to our rooms at 9pm. Water was lightly flooding the lobby on waterfall side from under doors and ramp area.

She arrived around 3am. My son heard the trees falling. Me and my DD slept right through it. sun was out when we woke up.

We ate our meals at Artist Point which went buffet just like Wave. Both were beyond excellent.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Steakhouse 71 opens October 1st, with reservations available September 16th.

Menu Previews -

Steakhouse-71-Breakfast-Menu.jpg
Steakhouse-71-Lunch-Menu.jpg
Steakhouse-71-Dinner-Menu.jpg

Steakhouse-71-Dessert-menu.jpg
Steakhouse-71-Lounge-Menu.jpg

Skywise

I am absolutely trying that Bourbon Cold Brew! :D

Hard to tell about the decor from the drawings and the food photos are awful (none of those steaks looks good to me)... but otherwise looking forward to this.

LSLS

I dont know, just feels like the yachtsman to me. Fully admit the wave was my favorite hidden gem in WDW so I was probably going to have a bad view of this no matter what, but unless they are out of this world steaks, I doubt I'll ever give it a try.

Epcot82Guy

I swear Disney is just trolling the old fans at this point. This looks like a solid addition, upgraded what made the Wave work well, kept the iconic dish, very on theme and updated at the same time. Can't we just have the team that did this concept and the Epcot entry do all updates from now on? 😆

Walt d

"In addition to Steakhouse 71, Disney has also confirmed that a new dining experience will be coming to the California Grill. As part of the experience, there will be a new limited-time menu drawing on the history the restaurant."

Does that mean the California Grill is staying but there will be a different menu or is that a cryptic way of saying THAT'S going to be The Incredibles Restaurant?
Thanks’ now im hungry again. I like the price! Free’ i would eat there all the time now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom