Staying @ POR but we have a reservation @1900 Park Fare

CoffeeJedi

mnagel55 said:
What is the best way to get there? We have our own vehicle but when I ‘google’ the drive I get this! :p

obnoxiously long url that breaks the page formatting

39 minutes!! LOL

Are we better off to drive to the transportation centre and get the monorail?

TIA
Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!

wow, when google maps screws up, it REALLY screws up. 19 miles! :lol:
driving your own car is probably quicker... just... uh, don't follow those directions ;)

you uh... you weren't actually considering following those directions, right? i mean, you can see right there on the map that there's a much shorter route

you don't even need directions at wdw, there are signs all over the place

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

The way I would go from POR would be:

Make a right turn when you come out of the hotel gateway, go to the end of that roadway and at the traffic light make a left turn and keep driving (a fairly long drive that you will pass the golf course and the camp grounds) until you come to the stop sign where you can only make a right turn (if you look to your left you will see the MK parking toll booths entrance). After this you just follow the signs to the GF which is either one or two traffic lights, but you will be making a left turn (passing the Poly hotel) and keep going on the roadway, bearing around to your right and the GF is right there.

Upvote 0

littlered

we don't drive, even though we take our car. We catch the bus to MK and take monorail to GF. Leaving we take whatever transportation available for which park we want to go to.

Upvote 0

HoW

littlered said:
we don't drive, even though we take our car. We catch the bus to MK and take monorail to GF. Leaving we take whatever transportation available for which park we want to go to.

This would be my suggestion for getting there as well.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

ask the consierge (sp?) desk at POR and they will give you a WDW map and highlight the exact path you should take... Just follow the signs to MK and after you get into the lot -- hug right to the MK resorts. You'll make a left to go in front of the poly and continue to the GF. trip may take 10-12 minutes -- but 19 miles --

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

mnagel55 said:
What is the best way to get there? We have our own vehicle but when I ‘google’ the drive I get this! :p

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1251+Dixie+Dr,+Orlando,+FL+32830+%4028.385820,-81.536820&daddr=4401+Floridian+Way,+Orlando,+FL+32830&f=d&hl=en&dq=1251+Dixie+Drive,+Lake+Buena+Vista+,+FL+US+32830-1000&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=62.619483,112.675781

39 minutes!! LOL

Are we better off to drive to the transportation centre and get the monorail?

TIA

it does make a big backwards G -- which is the way you will probably feel after taking this route..

Upvote 0

trr313

littlered said:

This is exactly how we go. We have stayed at POR and had breakfast at GF and took the bus to MK and the boat or monorail over to the GF.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom