Staying Onsite For The Magic.

real mad hatter

Good Evening Folks. Heres one to ponder.We have friends who go to Florida every year and stay in a villa but this year decided to stay onsite at CBR for the first time.They had a fantastic time but came back with this theory. That WDW is more than a theme park.Its a place of escapism,where CM's tell you to have a magical day,where the skies light up every night with fireworks,where you can walk around the parks late at night and your so safe from the real world.Anyway they have booked two weeks onsite for next year.It made me think.Is staying onsite your escape from the outside world one of the reasons.WDW is more than just another theme park,it's a escape from reality.What are your views on this.?:)

copcarguyp71

Absolutely! Without a doubt staying on site is total suspension of reality and takes me away from all of my cares and woes. Personally I would not want to be bothered with driving to the parks, getting a parking space, getting from TTC to the MK and all that...it would seem too much like commuting to me and that among other things is what I seek to escape by going.

Upvote 0

PUSH

For sure. We've stayed offsite twice and both times we had fun, but we just didn't feel at home when driving by a Wal-Mart on the way to our hotel. Plus, with the toll we had to go through everyday, and the parking costs at the parks, it's just as cheap to stay onsite.

Upvote 0

Britt

It absolutely is!! We've stayed on site and stayed off site and I will never ever stay off site again!!

There is just something about being able to hop on a bus, monorail, ferry or something and just be there. Not having to drive, deal with other drivers.....passing all the lame tourist attractions, you FEEL like a tourist. When you stay on site...you feel at home.

I will never ever make that mistake again!

Upvote 0

Britt

And you know what....it didn't save us any money and I didn't even have to PAY for the offsite room. Between rental car, parking and dining....(which cost more then the dining plan would have), it easily balanced out.

Upvote 0
Oh this is absolutely why we always stay on-site. In fact, most trips, once I get into WDW I refuse to leave for any reason until we are leaving to go home. I don't turn on the news in my hotel room (only WDWToday and Stacey for me!) and I don't watch any show that I could get at home, if I watch any TV for lengthy periods at all. I want to go to Disney and be at Disney and ONLY Disney. I like to joke that I can feel the property line like a sixth sense; if I get too close it's like a humming force field I can feel separating me from the "outside world".

Upvote 0

jenji124

I agree 100% I will only stay onsite when we go. I stayed off site once and it didn't feel like a Disney vacation. I feel I'm in another world when I am on site it's a escape from reality surrounded by all things Disney.

Upvote 0

Alison1975

It absolutely is!! We've stayed on site and stayed off site and I will never ever stay off site again!!

There is just something about being able to hop on a bus, monorail, ferry or something and just be there. Not having to drive, deal with other drivers.....passing all the lame tourist attractions, you FEEL like a tourist. When you stay on site...you feel at home.

I will never ever make that mistake again!

THIS.. We did one night offsite and never again!

Upvote 0

SAV

I don't buy the whole "magic" thing. My stays off site were just as nice as my on-site stays. We always get a rental car, so it is cheaper to stay off-site than on for us. And since they trimmed the Dining Plan down, that isn't even worth it anymore(unless it is free, but we go during peak times where it usually isn't free). While EMH is nice, our kids are still a bit young to take full advantage of those. We tour commando, so we are in the parks and then go to the room to sleep, so theming isn't such a big thing.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Absolutely! :)
75.gif

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

In a word Yes! For the 7-8 days we are there we are in the Disney "Cone of Silence." the only TV we watch is the cartoons, the must sees and the occational "I love appliances "guy. My dear wife has her electronic thing-a-ma-jigs but even she will only look at them once a day. I might ask her what's happening in the real word and she usually answers "not much."

Upvote 0

Alison1975

Awesome answers folks. So it's confirmed.WDW is more than a theme park.Its a place of fantasy and escapism from the real world. I knew it.i knew it.;)

Yep! Flashback.. 1999.. single mom of a wild and crazy 4.5 year old.. dealing with nonsense from the Ex. Decided I was going to take my boy to Disney ( and my mom too) and for 10 amazing days I never gave the nonsense at home a single thought. In fact I remember about 8 days in thinking " I wonder what is going on in the real world" I had not seen a newspaper or watched any non Disney TV.. I was in my little Disney cocoon and was very happy to be!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I don't buy the whole "magic" thing. My stays off site were just as nice as my on-site stays. We always get a rental car, so it is cheaper to stay off-site than on for us. And since they trimmed the Dining Plan down, that isn't even worth it anymore(unless it is free, but we go during peak times where it usually isn't free). While EMH is nice, our kids are still a bit young to take full advantage of those. We tour commando, so we are in the parks and then go to the room to sleep, so theming isn't such a big thing.
So sorry to hear you don't buy the whole magic thing.My off-site in 2004 on my second week was a nightmare.First week onsite was awesome.But hey! You know what they say.Only those who believe in the magic,will find the magic.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom