Staying on the ship

PartOfYourWorld

My husband and I went on a 3 night as part of our honeymoon. We are not beach people either (we live close to beaches and went once this summer only to watch the sunset and collect rocks (and the beach was totally gross) The only other time was when we went to Castaway (which honestly made me want to stay on the beach there forever) and when we went up on a trip to NH. Like I said we are not beach people but LOOOOVED Castaway and you don't have to stay the whole time I think we walked around stayed on the beach or 2-3 hours and went back on the ship. Definitely get off just to see the sights since it is specific only to the Disney Cruise Line

flynnibus

Premium Member
Another option is just to skip excursions and just get off the boat for an hour or two to check out the port. If we do a cruise the in future and I don't find an excursion I'm interested in (this is looking to be the case for Nassau, but...I'm still shopping right now), then I wouldn't hesitate to skip a port day.

Blue lagoon has a pretty awesome play area off their beach I would take the kids to for that alone

The dolphin swim is amazing too!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Blue lagoon has a pretty awesome play area off their beach I would take the kids to for that alone

I was looking at both of those. I would probably skip the Dolphins, as we just did that on our last cruise (though it was awesome)...

Right now, though I really want to do the Panama Canal in May or Sept, I'm considering doing two smaller 4 day cruises and sprinkling them through the year...plus, it would be nice to see the kid more often!

rufio

Original Poster

We don't have kids, but how much does the dolphin swim cost? I didn't realize they had one at Castaway Cay. We were planning on doing one at Nassau!

flynnibus

Premium Member
We don't have kids, but how much does the dolphin swim cost? I didn't realize they had one at Castaway Cay. We were planning on doing one at Nassau!

This is blue laggoon in Nassau . They have a dolphin encounter and a dolphin swim at blue lagoon. Both have access to the beach at the island too (and a beach only option).

We were very happy with the dolphin swim. There are more videos of it if you look at the channel of the video I posted.

It's expensive $200 - but is one of those you have to do once kind of things

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Also, if you want to see the Dolphin Swim, there is my avatar and my trip report! <grin>

Videos will come later, but I'm lazy right now and am waiting for this long weekend to finally finish my trip report and get started on them!

5thGenTexan

I am not a beach person, I am not even a water person. We stopped in Cozumel a few years ago and my wife took her snorkling stuff and went to play in the water. I had ZERO interest and sat under an umbrellas and watched people. Another trip to Cozumel my mother went with us and she went out with my wife and once again I found a place to sit and had a Coke. I wear glasses and I fear losing them in the ocean or something. That being said, I had a blast at CC. I felt it was the best day of our cruise. I feel there is too much to see in just one visit, especially if the kids spend half the time in the water and the rest of the time at the spalsh park thing. Maybe they can hang out with the club people next time. And the little banana bread loaf things are really good too!!! :hungry:

P1000459_zps80327774.jpg

Julencamsmom

DH and I have a three night cruise booked in January - my first ever! Our stops are Nassau and Castaway Cay with no days at sea. Since it's only three nights we're considering staying on the ship instead of getting off at Castaway Cay. There doesn't seem to be a lot to do there and I feel like there will be so much to do onboard that we won't get a chance to do otherwise. Anyone here skip port adventures to stay on the ship? Or are we missing out?
I would skip Nassau and get off on Castaway Cay instead. We had the best time there!

iloverags2

Like said by Kelly, there is just so much attention to detail on CC that you just have to see it! Totally Disneyfied, and yet not overdone. In fact, it took my sixth trip to CC to finally see this little beauty...

The theming is everywhere! To the point where you may not even notice these little oddities! I loved this when I finally saw it! This way to the fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom