Staying on site and off site/fast pass question

eb3257

Hi Everyone,
I could use some help. My family and I are traveling to Disney in November and are staying off site for two days and on site for three days. We have three day park tickets.

I booked my fast passes 60 days out for the three days we are staying on site. I am most likely going to change our AK day to one of the days we are staying off site and I know I can do this only 30 days out.

My question is this- if I switch park days 30 days out am I able to see what is open at AK that day before committing to this or will I just get a message saying that I have the allotted amount of fast passes booked? Will I need to cancel the whole day before being able to reschedule? I'm not sure if I explained this right but any help is appreciated!!! :)

nickys

Premium Member
Hi Everyone,
I could use some help. My family and I are traveling to Disney in November and are staying off site for two days and on site for three days. We have three day park tickets.

I booked my fast passes 60 days out for the three days we are staying on site. I am most likely going to change our AK day to one of the days we are staying off site and I know I can do this only 30 days out.

My question is this- if I switch park days 30 days out am I able to see what is open at AK that day before committing to this or will I just get a message saying that I have the allotted amount of fast passes booked? Will I need to cancel the whole day before being able to reschedule? I'm not sure if I explained this right but any help is appreciated!!! :)

Which is first, onsite or offsite?
Did you buy the tickets separately or as part of a package?

Tickets that come as part of a package can really screw things up if you want to use them before your package starts.

Upvote 0

eb3257

Original Poster
Which is first, onsite or offsite?
Did you buy the tickets separately or as part of a package?

Tickets that come as part of a package can really screw things up if you want to use them before your package starts.
The off site is first. We made our hotel reservation first and then purchased tickets so it was not a package but have everything linked together on the my Disney experience site.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
The off site is first. We made our hotel reservation first and then purchased tickets so it was not a package but have everything linked together on the my Disney experience site.

In that case, I think it becomes altogether easier at 30 days.

I think you can check availability without actually cancelling. Afaik, you always get the chance to confirm the change before it cancels anything! But I think you will need to modify an existing day to check. And back out of each page if you don't want to actually swap.

Upvote 0

eb3257

Original Poster
I just checked with Disney today and they said that I would need to delete all of my fast passes for one day before being able to reschedule for another. There is no way to preview before making the changes :(

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I just checked with Disney today and they said that I would need to delete all of my fast passes for one day before being able to reschedule for another. There is no way to preview before making the changes :(

Sorry :(. I was coming back on to give you the bad news, having seen a very similar question elsewhere.

A couple of suggestions.

- There is a tool on touring plans which lets you see fastpass availability, although only for one person. But it would at least give you some idea. I haven't used it so I don't know if it's a subscription-only feature, I suspect it might be.

- Or see if there's anyone with an AP who could check for you. If I had one I would, but I don't.

- If you want to see for yourself, just do it for one person first. I take it this is not a day for which you already have FoP? Personally I would be more likely to chose a DHS day to be an "off-site" day, unless you are needing to rope drop Jedi Training and it's EMH.

Upvote 0

eb3257

Original Poster
Sorry :(. I was coming back on to give you the bad news, having seen a very similar question elsewhere.

A couple of suggestions.

- There is a tool on touring plans which lets you see fastpass availability, although only for one person. But it would at least give you some idea. I haven't used it so I don't know if it's a subscription-only feature, I suspect it might be.

- Or see if there's anyone with an AP who could check for you. If I had one I would, but I don't.

- If you want to see for yourself, just do it for one person first. I take it this is not a day for which you already have FoP? Personally I would be more likely to chose a DHS day to be an "off-site" day, unless you are needing to rope drop Jedi Training and it's EMH.
You've been so helpful! I have a touring plans account so I will check out that tool. Thanks again. :)

Upvote 0

Dave B

You will not be able to check availability without cancelling the days of fast passes, unless you are looking at the same park, you could then modify

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom