Staying in a DLP hotel

felipenor

Original Poster
They used to call the refurbished rooms 'Texas' rooms, but I guess now they just call them ' Refurbished rooms'. When I look at some dates I see the ' refurbished rooms', but also other options like the ' Buffalo' room or the standard room. Anyway, if you book the ' refurbished' room then you will get the refurbished room :)
I tried different dates now and found the Buffalo room you mentioned. I guess only the refurbished ones were available for my previous search.
I took a look at the refurbished rooms on youtube and they do look nice.

Michael Lambert

You have a great blog! Also, what is the Disney Express service you mentioned and how does it work?

Thank you! I'm glad you like the blog :) The Disney Express service is something you can use if you travel to Disneyland Paris on the Eurostar. This special service gives you a great benefit. You can have your luggage sent to your hotel as soon as you arrive at Disneyland Paris, meaning that you can go straight into the parks without having to take all your luggage. It's great!

felipenor

Original Poster
Guys, now I'm considering staying at New York or Newport Bay. I found them both for the same price for January. Which one do you guys recommed?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Having stayed in both I would say Newport Bay hands down - already 5 years ago I found the New York Hotel rather "tired" and it has not yet been renovated. I quite liked the room layout at the Newport Bay as well - there was a curtain to pull across the vanity/sink area which came in handy during the half marathon weekend, as I was able to get ready without disturbing my child who was sleeping.

Michael Lambert

I have stayed in both and loved them both for different reasons. I would definitely say go for the Newport Bay Club though, especially as its had a recent renovation and looks absolutely stunning!

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks for the help, guys!

Just to make sure before I make my decision: would you guys recommend the NBC over Sequoia Lodge? It's about €100 more expensive for the 4 days we'll be staying there. From the pictures, NBC looks much more impressive than SL, but I wanted to have some input from people who've actually been there.

Texas84

I was in Newport Bay for marathon weekend and thought it was really nice and clean. The buffet breakfast was the best meal of the weekend. Bit of a hike though. New York is a lot closer to everything.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Normally the Newport Bay should be almost as close as New York, but they had closed the more direct access - I assume because of the race. However, if this is a permanent change, then the Sequoia would end up being closer.

@Texas84 - I was also in the Newport - we probably passed each other in the hallways!

felipenor

Original Poster
Normally the Newport Bay should be almost as close as New York, but they had closed the more direct access - I assume because of the race. However, if this is a permanent change, then the Sequoia would end up being closer.

@Texas84 - I was also in the Newport - we probably passed each other in the hallways!
I looked it up on Google Maps and I'm getting a 21-minute walk from NBC, but a 14-minute walk from SL. Is that about right?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It depends.

It you can go to the left side of the lake coming out of the Newport Bay hotel, then the walk will be shorter than from the Sequoia (a quarter way around the lake). This is normally how you should be able to go.

This past weekend the more direct route was barred off because of the 5 km and half marathon runs, so you were forced to turn left coming out of the Newport, which meant you needed to go three quarters of the way around the lake.

For info, all the way around the lake is 1 km.

If you are staying for 4 days, you should look into getting annual passes and staying off-site at one of the partner hotels (but booking thru the hotel website and not DLP). The unrestricted pass gives you access to early morning hours, a 10 % discount on food and a 20 % discount on merchandise. You could either buy it in advance or upgrade your ticket on your first day. Quite honestly, if you will be there mid-week and outside of school holidays, you won't really need the extra morning hours. Last Friday our longest wait was 5 minutes. Plus, by 9:30 they will usually let you into the park so you can leisurely stroll up Main Street and be in front of the castle for when the park opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom