Staying at the Contemporary (Need advice - first time!!)

tammixoxo23

Original Poster
Hi everyone- My family and I chose to stay at the Contemporary for the first time over the 4th of July this year. I need to know if you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the resort and if so, where is the best viewing area? Or... do you advise that we just go to the Magic Kingdom to see the show? Thanks!

rob0519

You can watch them from your room if you are fortunate enough to have a MK view. :D If not, there is an observation deck off the 4th floor. The music is piped in and you can watch from there.

Exactly either of these options. That being said, watching the fireworks from the Main St. hub in the park is incredible as well. It depends on whether or not you want to be in the middle of a crowd.

Pghdrumr

We were lucky to be upgraded to the theme park view on our last visit. If you decide to watch from your room, don't forget that they similcast the audio on your room TV. So open the balcony door, turn up the volume on your tv, and enjoy the show!

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

All of the above plus California Grill (with piped in music). We have had a tower room with MK view and it is memorable. Audio on TV is awesome. Also saw "Wishes" from CG on a different trip. Even did the 4th floor Concourse view. Good View, nice music, could do without the cigarette smoke. Also observed some (not whole show) at various outdoor locations around CR such as outside the lobby and on CR boat docks although both of these locations have partially obstructed views (trees, monorail beams, etc) and lacked the music.

MorganKelly

It is lots of fun to be at the MK for the fireworks, but you'll have LOTS of company. :joyfull: Our favorite spot is the top of the railroad station, but you have to get there quite early to snag a spot there. I agree that the 4th floor of the CR is a terrific spot too.

PhilharMagician

Thanks everyone!! Can you view the fireworks from the resort pool area??
Not very well since the pools are behind the resort and both the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower will block most of it.

Since you are staying there I would try to get a reservation to the California Grill for late evening and watch from there.

Be aware that wishes was designed to be watched from the MK hub looking straight @ the castle. The view from the Contemporary is not bad, but not as magnificent as from the MK. When I have had a MK view room I like to get back there early in the evening and sit out on the balcony and sip an evening cocktail while watching and listening to wishes.

tammixoxo23

Original Poster
Thank you! I'm just not familiar with the resort layout at all. We have reservations at the CG a couple days before the 4th, but it wasn't easy to get reservations on the 4th. I appreciate everyone's feedback!!

tammixoxo23

Original Poster
Anyone have any other advice or suggestions for our trip or things around the resort? We have all of our meals reserved and all of our fast passes ready to do.

IMG_0347.JPG

Best vacation we ever had was at the Contemporary, theme park view, for Thanksgiving 2013. Most nights we relaxed on the bed and watched the fireworks from our room. This is a zoomed in picture with an everyday camera.
- stay above 9th floor away from Chef Mickey's 10th or 11th floors
- first 2 digits of room number are the floor
- odd room number has bed facing the castle
- Room 4747 is on the 11th floor, last odd # room closest to castle

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 48

MaryJaneP

Anyone have any other advice or suggestions for our trip or things around the resort? We have all of our meals reserved and all of our fast passes ready to do.

We enjoyed all the food spots at different times, CG, Chef Mickeys, Sand Bar (by pool), Wave, Outer Rim (bar on 4th floor concourse), Contempo Café (quick service), Coffee Place in Lobby, even room service. We did laundry in South Wing, watched movies on the beach between BLT and CR, swam in both pools at CR (no hot tub for us), watched EWP from pools and dock area, rented sea raycers from marina (get 1 hr, not 1/2 hr), rode boats to all the other resorts on bay lake and seven seas lagoon. Shipped stuff from the business/convention center, shopped at the various stores on the Concourse, and, of course, rode the monorail from inside the CR. Walk to MK for rope drop is a breeze.

MorganKelly

We love the Contempo Cafe.......great flatbreads! It can be very noisy when Chef Mickey's is open though. We like to sit near the Marina area and watch the action on Bay Lake.

75disney

Watching Wishes from the 4th floor balcony is very relaxing because you don't have to stand in a crowd of people who the minute it is over are all pushing to leave the park. That being said, you do miss some of the effects not being in the park, especially on the Fourth of July. You do have the advantage of being able to walk back to the resort as well rather than having to wait in huge lines afterwards to get transportation. You will love the CR. It is my favorite resort on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom