Staying at Swan/Dolphin & Using Boardwalk Bus to MK?

Alex336

Original Poster
Hi folks. Purely hypothetical question (😉) here.

Currently staying at the Swan. Love it, except for that hassle of not having a direct bus to the Magic Kingdom.

But since the Boardwalk Resort is right there... is there anything to prevent us from just walking over there and grabbing their direct bus to the MK?

RememberWhen

None whatsoever. Anyone, staying on or off property can ride the busses. You can also use the yacht or beach club busses. I’m currently at Boardwalk, and might be frustrated if I knew that I had to stand on the bus because a bunch of swan/dolphin guests had walked over. But I’m very unlikely to know that.

NelleBelle

I totally understand why those staying at the Swolphin resorts do this. But as someone who stays at YC, and pays significantly more (and I do so willingly for the amenities it offers), it does irk me when I hear this "work around" to avoid using the Swolphin MK buses. I REALLY wish Marriott (or Disney, whoever it is) would bring back the direct MK bus!! Either that or have guests tap their MBs for YC/BC/BW for the buses in the morning, when the lines for MK are generally at their worst! Just frustrating.

Raxel7851

Hi folks. Purely hypothetical question (😉) here.

Currently staying at the Swan. Love it, except for that hassle of not having a direct bus to the Magic Kingdom.

But since the Boardwalk Resort is right there... is there anything to prevent us from just walking over there and grabbing their direct bus to the MK?
There’s nothing to prevent you, unfortunately.

plutofan15

I totally understand why those staying at the Swolphin resorts do this. But as someone who stays at YC, and pays significantly more (and I do so willingly for the amenities it offers), it does irk me when I hear this "work around" to avoid using the Swolphin MK buses. I REALLY wish Marriott (or Disney, whoever it is) would bring back the direct MK bus!! Either that or have guests tap their MBs for YC/BC/BW for the buses in the morning, when the lines for MK are generally at their worst! Just frustrating.
And I have taken the Swan/Dolphin bus back from the parks while staying at the Yacht Club. While it doesn’t happen as often as Swan/Dolphin guests taking a Yact/Beach Club or Boardwalk bus, it does happen. I can understand the frustration of the bus possibly being overcrowded by guests from Swan/Dolphin riding other resorts busses, but I can honestly say I have never experienced an issue.

NelleBelle

Hoping the MK bus line that extended to the lobby during our Spring 2021 stay at YC was a result of Covid spacing. I think that was right after they did away with the direct bus from Swolphin. Fingers crossed it's not as chaotic as it was then!

Dad 2 M & M

Those Epcot BLVD Resorts’ busing is the worst on Property…you’ll still have to wait quite a while to circle thru every Resort stop….

BTW

I didn’t realize the S&D wasn’t part of the busing loop as when we stayed there we only used the water taxi (usually didn’t even use those as it was a nice stroll over to Studios or Epcot) It’s better to drive to MK and AK

With that said, it is a bummer that peeps will use an amenity they know isn’t included/embedded in the $$ they are paying….follow your heart

Weather_Lady

When we stayed at the Dolphin, we used Boardwalk or BC/YC buses to get to and from the Magic Kingdom as well. Granted, it was at the end of August 2021 when crowds were at record-low levels, so the buses were barely half full and we weren't taking seats away from any of those resorts' guests: if circumstances were different, we might not have.

At the same time, there's an argument to be made that the use of Disney's complimentary transportation system is an advertised amenity for every ticket holder, regardless of whether they're staying on property at all, and as such, so long as someone has a valid ticket and the right to be where they are (and where they're going), they should be able to take Disney transportation anywhere they want. (If there's a rule written somewhere that bus services at the Crescent Lake Resorts are only supposed to be used by guests of those resorts, I stand corrected. I'm just not aware of any such rule.)

Last edited:

Ayla

When we stayed at the Dolphin, we used Boardwalk or BC/YC buses to get to and from the Magic Kingdom as well. Granted, it was at the end of August 2021 when crowds were at record-low levels, so the buses barely half full and we weren't taking seats away from any of those resorts' guests: if circumstances were different, we might not have.

At the same time, there's an argument to be made that the use of Disney's complimentary transportation system is an advertised amenity for every ticket holder, regardless of whether they're staying on property at all, and as such, so long as someone has a valid ticket and the right to be where they are (and where they're going), they should be able to take Disney transportation anywhere they want. (If there's a rule written somewhere that bus services at the Crescent Lake Resorts are only supposed to be used by guests of those resorts, I stand corrected. I'm just not aware of any such rule.)
All Disney transportation is open to everyone, not just guests of a particular resort. You don't have to have a park ticket to use any of it.

Dad 2 M & M

All Disney transportation is open to everyone, not just guests of a particular resort. You don't have to have a park ticket to use any of it.
In reference to the OP initial point….I didn’t dig too deep into this subject; copied from WDW Website:

“Bus Transportation​

Take in the sights as you travel to and from all Disney theme parks via air-conditioned bus!
Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can take advantage of complimentary bus service to and from all 4 theme parks, Disney Resort hotels and the Disney Springs Area.”

Not sure how much info is out there if one digs deeper….

I can say we have taken which ever All Star bus was first to arrive, as same with Pop/AoA….

A little different taking a bus to a sister resort when your home resort offers the same service, but hardliners would/might still object. I’m certainly not a hardliner on this topic…

CaptainAmerica

Take in the sights as you travel to and from all Disney theme parks via air-conditioned bus!
Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can take advantage of complimentary bus service to and from all 4 theme parks, Disney Resort hotels and the Disney Springs Area.”
That language makes it seem like an off-site guest couldn't take a bus from Epcot to Animal Kingdom Lodge for a reservation at Boma, which certainly isn't right.

NelleBelle

When we stayed at the Dolphin, we used Boardwalk or BC/YC buses to get to and from the Magic Kingdom as well. Granted, it was at the end of August 2021 when crowds were at record-low levels, so the buses barely half full and we weren't taking seats away from any of those resorts' guests: if circumstances were different, we might not have.

You have a point there…

BASS

I stayed at the Dolphin a couple weeks ago and was surprised that the bus didn't take us directly to Magic Kingdom and instead took us to the TTC. Had I known beforehand, that's precisely what I would have done.

Dad 2 M & M

That language makes it seem like an off-site guest couldn't take a bus from Epcot to Animal Kingdom Lodge for a reservation at Boma, which certainly isn't right.
Heard that….it you take it literal it is only referring to the Resort “to and from the Parks”?

It doesn’t really cover “from the Parks” for Park Guests

Dad 2 M & M

I stayed at the Dolphin a couple weeks ago and was surprised that the bus didn't take us directly to Magic Kingdom and instead took us to the TTC. Had I known beforehand, that's precisely what I would have done.
About the only reason to stay there would be the EME benefit Guests receive for Deluxe status…knowing it doesn’t even participate in WDW bus service to MK (and I assume AK?) would be another reason to stay elsewhere

Weather_Lady

About the only reason to stay there would be the EME benefit Guests receive for Deluxe status…knowing it doesn’t even participate in WDW bus service to MK (and I assume AK?) would be another reason to stay elsewhere
Yes, Swan & Dolphin use Mears buses to MK and AK (but utilize the Disney-operated Friendship Boats and walking paths to HS and EPCOT). They used to be on the Disney bus system, but that was discontinued around the fall of 2020, I believe.

Dad 2 M & M

Yes, Swan & Dolphin use Mears buses to MK and AK (but utilize the Disney-operated Friendship Boats and walking paths to HS and EPCOT). They used to be on the Disney bus system, but that was discontinued around the fall of 2020, I believe.
Got it

We use/used the Water Taxis and walking path on previous trips, but used the busing only twice as it a was REALLY bad experience both times as the wait was long and it was shared with the rest of Epcot BLVD resorts. I had no idea Swan and Dolphin were no longer participating.

We stayed at the Swan last year for the 1st night of a split trip, with the purpose of taking in the EME at Epcot. Were able to ride Guardians with the 6:00 P.M. VQ and were able to walk on Rat 10:30ish and rode it a few times before the witching hour....anywho we didn't use WDW transport at all while at the Swan as it was 1 night and a short walk to Epcot

MickeyLuv'r

The current AAA refundable price of Swan- Easter night (4/9) is $346 with tax and fees included). For those without AAA or Bonvoy, the FULL rack rate= $398.

The least expensive Disney Deluxe hotel room (current discount) is a parking-lot view room at AKL. For 4/9 it is $675.
If one wants a view of the POOL, that will cost - get this- an extra $155 per night!

Swan full rack vs. the discounted AKL, the Swan $277 less.

Food for thought.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

The current AAA refundable price of Swan- Easter night (4/9) is $346 with tax and fees included). For those without AAA or Bonvoy, the FULL rack rate= $398.

The least expensive Disney Deluxe hotel room (current discount) is a parking-lot view room at AKL. For 4/9 it is $675.
If one wants a view of the POOL, that will cost - get this- an extra $155 per night!

Swan full rack vs. the discounted AKL, the Swan $277 less.

Food for thought.
Right on!!!

The EME at Epcot IS the reason we stay at the Swan…with the Bonvoy AP Discount we were able to stay last Fall for sub $250 a night on split stays….on both occasions the other half of the split was at Pop

We are not Deluxe peeps, but with the EME benefits being removed from all Resorts sans Deluxe, we started using the split approach

Simply we don’t see much value in the Deluxe and have to decide if we’re willing to pay for the EME benefits….wouldn’t consider a Deluxe if the EMEs were still included Value Resort stays

**Edit** Just checked for 1 night we were pondering staying in the coming months....

Dolphin $286 - 2 Doubles, no view
Swan $304 - 2 Queens no view
Fort Wilderness - $432 - Cabins (Assumption this is considered Deluxe)
Wilderness Lodge - $518 - Nature View

Bill and a Half more affordable to stay at the Dolphin than next most affordable true Disney Deluxe....your point was well made

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Right on!!!

The EME at Epcot IS the reason we stay at the Swan…with the Bonvoy AP Discount we were able to stay last Fall for sub $250 a night on split stays….on both occasions the other half of the split was at Pop

We are not Deluxe peeps, but with the EME benefits being removed from all Resorts sans Deluxe, we started using the split approach

Simply we don’t see much value in the Deluxe and have to decide if we’re willing to pay for the EME benefits….wouldn’t consider a Deluxe if the EMEs were still included Value Resort stays

**Edit** Just checked for 1 night we were pondering staying in the coming months....

Dolphin $286 - 2 Doubles, no view
Swan $304 - 2 Queens no view
Fort Wilderness - $432 - Cabins (Assumption this is considered Deluxe)
Wilderness Lodge - $518 - Nature View

Bill and a Half more affordable to stay at the Dolphin than next most affordable true Disney Deluxe....your point was well made
I believe the Cabins at FW are considered moderate...someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think the price is so high is because you can sleep 6 (just like A0A suites are still considered value).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom