Staying at Pop

Disneygirl91395

I am Staying at Pop Centuary in August and was wondering if anyone had any tips also on of my friends who has been to Walt Disney World as much as i have says that pop isnt one of the best resorts and its small crowded dirty and wierd does anyone else fell this way if nso should i change me reservation to All Star Movies? thanks :D

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
12th time there POP Lets let everyone find there happy place:sohappy:

Thiger

I've stayed at the Pop twice now and while I want to upgrade to a moderate this coming time around, the only real issue i had with Pop Sports was that after a week the large pop icons kinda got to me...felt like when Bart sleeps in the 'Clown' bed at Flanders' house and has nightmares about the evil clowns... lol

Its fun to stay there but i'm looking forward to the moderate resort this time around.

Upvote 0

Thiger

oops, my bad
htought we were talking about the all-stars & pop in general

never stayed a pop as I like getting on the bus first (at sports)

pop looks pretty fun to stay at though

Upvote 0

jvenegas

We stayed at Pop on our last visit to the World on December 2006 and we loved it.
We're going back on December this year and again we'll be staying at Pop.
The hotel is huge, very well maintained, excellent service and best of all, has its own bus service, no stops anywhere else going or coming from the parks.
I believe it to be a great choice if you're on a budget.

Upvote 0

lilo091701

I can't figure out where the dirty comes in. The grounds are always clean, room was clean....well, everything looked great. I don't even recall seeing any paper flying around anywhere. Not even the parking lot.

danna

I agree, Pop has been one of our families favorites!! And I have never seen it dirty!!!

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

How could anyone describe Pop Century as 'small'.

It's not.

:)

I think they mean the room size, not the resort size. At least that's what I would assume...

Pop is the only value I have stayed at. While I have to say I don't have plans to stay there again, it wasn't horrible. If you must stay at a value, it does seem like a good choice. It is definitely better than staying off property, again, in my opinion. Also depends on the time of year you are going, as it can be incredibly crowded, specifically the food court in the morning.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

oops, my bad
htought we were talking about the all-stars & pop in general

never stayed a pop as I like getting on the bus first (at sports)

pop looks pretty fun to stay at though

Pop Century has its own bus. The three All Star resorts (Movies, Music and Sports) share a bus sometimes.

I've stayed at Movies and Pop, and while I thoroughly enjoyed Movies, I absolutely loved Pop. But to be honest, the only real difference between the value resorts that I can tell are the food courts, bus system and the decor. If the bus system is important to you, then pick Pop. As I said before, it has a dedicated bus line so you don't share with other resorts. The food court is also great, it's got lots of different selections. I mostly liked the themes of Pop better than Movies.

If you're looking to see pictures of either resort, I've got lots of Pop in my 2008 signature link, and a few of Movies in my 2007 link. :wave:

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

suggestion for you ---- after always requesting PREFERRED rooms at the POP i once asked for a STANDARD and was surprised to find myself staying in a room only 7 doors away from a PREFERRED i stayed in on a previous trip and then i was to learn that i could request a particular section even if i asked for a standard ---- SOOOOOOO request a 60's room and you will find yourself wonderfully located with central access to everything at the resort.

Now I'm not sure if this is accurate, as a few years have passed, but my family had the understanding that ALL rooms in the 60s building are considered to be "preferred." Therefore, if you request a room in the 60s, you would be paying the extra charge per night for a preferred room.

In the end, we got a room in the 60s building, very close to the pool, without paying the extra fee. This happened by chance, as when we checked in there just happened to be a room available. It was likely just pure chance.

As far as requesting in advance or choosing when at the desk, I would suggest the 70s building if you cannot get the 60s (without paying the fee.) We have stayed there twice and it is still a short walk to the main building. Staying in the 60s was nice, but I would not pay the additional nightly fee for that location. Really by the time we walked past the pool area, it didn't see that much closer than walking from our rooms in the 70s. I would rather spend that additional money on souvenirs or more Dole Whips :)

I would also have to say that there is a difference between getting a room and it hasn't been vacuumed, compared to an overall feeling of dirtiness. It is annoying to need to call the desk because you find peanut shells on the floor, that shouldn't happen. However, I would say the resort is overall very clean, as it is very new and in general, well maintained. It doesn't have the overall "ick" feeling that an old hotel can have, if that makes sense. Any resort that sees that many people on a daily basis is going to have an occasional un-vacuumed room, unfortunately. But I'll take that over a bathroom that you can't stand to shower in because the tub looks disgusting. Pop never gave me that feeling in the 3 times I have stayed there.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I am Staying at Pop Centuary in August and was wondering if anyone had any tips also on of my friends who has been to Walt Disney World as much as i have says that pop isnt one of the best resorts and its small crowded dirty and wierd does anyone else fell this way if nso should i change me reservation to All Star Movies? thanks :D

First of all, it was VERY difficult to read your question without any punctuation. In the future try and use periods and commas to make your post more coherent.

All of the value resorts will be the same in terms of crowd and cleanliness. For the record, I've stayed at all the value resorts several times and have never seen them dirty or overcrowded. :confused: I would consider changing from Pop to All Star Movies to be a bit of a "downgrade" actually.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

DH and I stayed at POP in Dec '07 and it was very clean. They were doing some refurbishments with some of the decor and the pools. Though, over all DH and I were very please with POP. The only thing we noticed is that there is no one available to help you with your luggage.

Upvote 0

disneyniebo

My wife and I have stayed at the All Star Music 3 times and at Pop Century 4 times.:animwink:
The one big advantage in my opinion is that at Pop, the Disney buses do not stop anywhere else, whereas at the All Stars, one bus must stop at all three resorts before going to a park.:zipit:
As for the Pop in general, we have never had any 'dirty' issues. Each time we were in a different decade and all floors. Never any thing to complain about. The rooms were clean, the walkways were clean, the Guest building was clean. Even with every room filled AND facing a pool, there were no noise issues.
As far as the value resorts go, we think the pops is tops!!!!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

mro415

I agree with her 100%!

I would suggest that you request a room in the 70's building.
i dont think pop is dirty.. i loveeeee their store! the food court has lots of options and i think the rooms are clean. Last time i was there, a lot of work was being done with landscaping but thats about it.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Love the Pop! Have only been to WDW twice and stayed at Pop both times during one of the busiest times of the year and absolutely loved it. Staying there again next March and didn't even want to give one of the resorts a try. Great bang for your buck!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom