Staying at a WDW resort - a few questions?

disneyfan123

Hiya guys,

Okay I will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge this September and I have a few questions about staying on site.

We have purchased the Ultimate Park Hopper Tickets and we were wondering when we would receive these tickets - Are they sent to you or do you get them when you arrive at the resort?

As resort guests are we allowed to go and have a look around the other resorts nearby? In our case.... GF / Contemporary and Polynesian?

** Only another 96 days until all my dreams come true (again!) **

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

swimmom

Not sure about your tickets, but we stay at the WL all the time and you can take a ferry over to the Contemporary to explore, shop and dine. From the Contemporary, you can ride the monorail to the other resorts. We use this ferry quite often during our trips. Have fun!:)

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

The tickets will probably be encoded on your room key. That is how they have done them for us when we got them. They can also encode a credit card to your key card so that you can charge things with it. It makes it easier to just have one card.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Tigsmom is right. I really encourage you to visit some of the other resorts, they are close by and amazing. There are a few good places to eat at Con, (Cheif Mickey's, and the Concourse Steak house, Califorina Grill is great for aspecial ocassion, go visist at night to see the fire works outside at the obveration deck.) Viewing the MK fireworks from the Poly beach is one of my favorite things to do. GF is wonderful to explore and the food at 1900 park fare (all you can eat, cinderella and prince charming dinner) is great.

Also there is a boat and busses to Fort Wildrenss too. I planed on going over there, but didn't have the time last trip. There is a good buffet there and a night time campfire. WL will give you a list of the activities.

You will not be able to use any of the other resorts pools, you can use the main one at WL and the one over the at Villas too.

Don't stop at the MK resorts, there are a ton of fun ones to visit if you have the time, boardwalk and Y&B (eat at Beaches and Cream our favorite burger and milkshake place) and ALK is just amazing.

Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

disneyfan123

Original Poster
thanks guys

thanks for such quick responses Guys! I cannot wait to go.... this is the first time that I have stayed on site and I will be celebrating my 21st birthday at Disney as well. Its feels like ages away (96 days!) but as always this will go really quickly.

I am glad that I can go and explore all of the other resorts... thanks for the tip Disney PHd and Tigsmom about 1900 Park Fare and the Boardwalk. Any other dining tips? Do they still do the Polynesian Luau? I could not see any information on the WDW official site???

** Only another 96 days until all my dreams come true (again!)**

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bhickman

If you have the time visiting the other resorts is a lot of fun..

<b>Couple places to visit in particular</b>:
<u>Monorail resorts</u>.. Poly, Contemporary and GF, nice shops and good food (O'hana has a great dinner and a view w/sound track of Wishes FW @ the MK).
<u>Epcot resort Area</u>.. Including the Boardwalk in the evening, it's just out the back end of the World Showcase in Epcot (between England and France). Have at the ESPN club Jelly Rolls the brewing company,etc... And Be sure to try a "crepe on a stick" and play "Lob A Lobster".
<u>Animal Kingdom Lodge</u>.. My new favorite to visit, not to mention an awesome breakfast at Bomas.. be sure to ask one of the lobby guides to direct you out the stairwells at ends of the hotel. They put you overlook the veranda, it's like a free tour (not much free stuff in WDW). And two words to ask them "People Pens"

ENJOY!!!

Upvote 0

Pippa

Hey disneyfan123! :wave:

As you have an Ultimate Hopper (I always have one of those too), all the above info is correct from everyone but I have to recommended my fav place to you!

Entry to Pleasure Island for the whole of your stay is included and I would urge you to go, its a fab place with all the usual clubs but do try the Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurers Club, two totally potty places and very unique clubs!

Have a fab time :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wolf29

Have to agree that Boma is one of the best. Had dinner there & it was great. ESPN Club is also good. We also ate at Fulton's and enjoyed it very much. Fresh fish & great service. Tigsmom is correct, check out Deb's menu page so you know what to expect.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by Pippa
Hey disneyfan123! :wave:

....do try the Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurers Club, two totally potty places and very unique clubs!

Have a fab time :sohappy:

For us yanks, I had to look that one up. "Potty places" translated so us yanks can understand means "crazy places". Is that correct?:D

Upvote 0

barnum42

I've never stayed onsite, but have still been able to nose around the resorts. I'll also vouch for Animal Kingdom Lodge and Boma. Plus the times when the budget would not stretch to that then Mara is worth a visit - the African Stew is fantastic.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Part of the fun of stayng at a Disney resort is that it's so easy to explore other Disney resorts! Each one has its own atmosphere and theming. I always head over to the Polynesian to soak up some tropical atmosphere; walking the grounds at twilight is beautiful.

Have a great time!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom