Statistically highest rated attractions

AintNoOtherMan

I think their success is more than their substance. While I love them both (Although I've never understood the hype around MM), it isn't the ride that got them these ratings. I feel like it's location.

Soarin' is one of the only three attractions in EPCOT with a total youth/young adult appeal. Most teenagers won't rank Spaceship Earth (As perfect as it is) as their favorite ride. Compared to Test Track and Mission Space, the other two youth appeal attractions, Soarin' is miles ahead in technology and quality. It's no surprise that it's as popular as it is. Technically, Hollywood Studios (Hollywood, California) would be a better place for it. But it has enough youth appeal, so Soarin' is in EPCOT.

Toy Story Midway Mania is successful for the opposite. Hollywood Studios has tons of youth appeal. It has the two most intense rides in WDW. That's all that a lot of youth care about (x_x I hate my generation sometimes, lol), so they're satisfied. What about other people? TSMM isn't a thrill ride, but still uses advanced technology to create an exciting game experience. Plus, Toy Story is a fan favorite movie, so people will do the ride just for that. The ride itself doesn't do much for me, so I don't feel like the ride is why it's so high rated. You're exactly right when you say it's another version of Buzz.

That's why I think they have such high ratings, at least. I could be completely wrong, lol.

juniorthomas

Used to be a cm over in future world west, and our management team was consistently reminding us that soarin and toy story are the highest rated attractions in Disney World according to their polls and the survey takers. Thoughts on this? IMHO they are probably the two attractions I skip most... Just saying my opinion and you don't have to agree but, I think soarin is a glorified rocking chair and toy story is a better version of buzz that makes my arm hurt...

I completely agree with you - and I like TSM. Soarin' however - if the line is over 10 minutes, I wont go on it. (I've never seen it anything below a 60 minutes) Not even remotely worth the wait.

wdwfan4ver

I completely agree with you - and I like TSM. Soarin' however - if the line is over 10 minutes, I wont go on it. (I've never seen it anything below a 60 minutes) Not even remotely worth the wait.
I have been on soarin' without a fast pass before and it only took me 10 to 15 minutes and that is what happened to me on my last trip there. I went though on the final week of August though when I experienced that.

What I did was going to soarin' when Epcot first opened besides the time of the year I went.

wdwfan4ver

I can speak about why TSM being one of the two highest rated attractions. Quality of family friendly rides and being one of the few rides at DHS that everyone can go on is major reasons it is rated so high. I know a couple their late 50's and early 60's who can't go on Star Tours, TOT, and Rock'n roller coaster for medical reasons. There are more people like that in terms of not able to go on thrill rides or they are not thrill ride junkies.
Toy Story is also a very popular franchise.

Backlot Tour is a family friendly attraction, but there is a very good reason why there has been rumors about Carsland replacing it. The quality of the attraction is the issue. Great Movie ride is older than TSM and does need some help.

mickey2008.1

While the two attractions appeal to families, theynare not the best. They are fun, but what about Haunted mansion, or peter pan. Both high demand attractions with great story lines that appeal to all ages as well.

CP_alum08

I'd love to start a thread on this sometime soon. I'm convinced that WDW's evolving nature as an increasingly international resort is one of the biggest changes the resort is seeing.
I could not possible agree MORE and I hate it. I understand that everything under the sun has to be politically correct now (which is disgusting in its own right) but when you get the creepy spiel right before you get in the elevator on ToT in Spanish it completely ruins the effect for me. The same with HM.

To the OP, although TSMM and Soarin are not my favorites I can see why they are considered so. They are both relatively new and appeal to a very wide target age group.

Tom Morrow

I remember the first time I rode Soarin'. There was so much hype about how great it was, I was expecting to be blown away. I think I literally started laughing on my first ride because the seats barely even tilt and the film, with jump cuts to new scenes and no plot, is honestly kind of uninspired. To me it feels more like something you'd find at a science museum/center. Since then I've grown to like it, but that's after knowing what to expect. I can't imagine how many people are disappointed in it after all the hype and long lines/Fastpass demand.

I have no doubt in my mind that by "highest rated" they really meant "highest demand." I just think there's no way Soarin' or TSMM could be a bigger crowd pleaser than something great like Tower of Terror.

RonAnnArbor

Absolutely can see why those two are the highest rated-- not only multi-generational, but also two attractions that are basically on everyone's "must do" list --from the park itself, to every single guidebook and tourist guide...I love both of them, but as a annual passholder really only ride once or twice a year since I absolutely hate the waits, and the running-of-the-bulls to get to them. Not worth it if you have already done the attraction. Absolutely a must-do if you have not.

rricks26

Original Poster
I can't imagine how many people are disappointed in it after all the hype and long lines/Fastpass demand.

Actually you would be surprised. The amount of people that burst into applause afterwards used to astound me. I remember one lady got off of it crying and when I asked her what was wrong and could I help, she was talking about how wonderful it was... I just don't get it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom