state troopers at disney.

kc1296426

State troopers are always on property. I use WDW roads every day on the daily commute and they normally do speed traps on World Drive, especially on Sundays. They know that people speed like crazy on World Drive! (I've seen people do almost a 100mph on there.)

JafarMaleficent

Original Poster
State troopers are always on property. I use WDW roads every day on the daily commute and they normally do speed traps on World Drive, especially on Sundays. They know that people speed like crazy on World Drive! (I've seen people do almost a 100mph on there.)

Wow I'm lucky if I hit 80 lol jk. I have seen a lot more officers and state troopers on property. I just found it odd it was 3 troopers. I mean c'mon for drunk driving they only have 2 and those can be city or county.

PeterMarcus

They do this nearly every day during common shift-change hours at the resort.. Because cast members (and there are exceptions to this, of course) drive like it's the daytona 500 through there without regard for safety......

Heh, my brother was a CM for several years and he actually almost had his license suspended for too many speeding tickets going to/from work. Granted, he lived in Cocoa Beach an hour away...

On the grounds that this may make me sound stupid and in my defence I do live a few thousand miles from Florida {Great Britain to be exact} but I didnt think that Florida had State Troopers.:wave:

Trooper is another name for police. In Florida the term is usually for state cops, not city or federal/national law enforcement, or county which are usually sheriff/deputies.

wdwemployee13

State Troopers are only called onto Disney property for traffic related incidents. The Orange County Sheriff's Office handles all others calls. Since WDW owns and maintains the road they can't legally conduct patrols or run speedtraps except on World Dr because TWDC has asked them to because there have been speed related deaths on that part. They always do it at the first entrance to what was suppose to be Walt's private airport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom