Starting to panic!! Flight changes by airline...

bsmartin2000

So my mother and I are flying in September. I just received notice that the flights have changed. Flying Delta to Boston with a 25 minute layover?? Is that enough time to catch the next Delta flight to Orlando? Then they changed our return flight to leave at 730 am!! Will magical express get us to Airport that early? Not happy that we now have a 5 hour wait at JFK. Do I have anyway to change flights! So stressed as I am traveling with my Mother who is 78 and really wanted this to be a great exe for her😪

donsullivan

Premium Member
Call Delta directly. Schedule changes like this are common that far into the future and even more common now as the airlines are ramping back up to normal flight schedules. If the change is more than 2 hours from your original schedule or creates an invalid connection (25 minutes would be considered that) they'll restructure your flights with no charges.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My Southwest Airlines flights were changed but they also allow for me to change them to a different flight if it worked better for me.
What does your Delta email say that you can do nothing? I'd look to see if there is another flight that works better for you both ways and contact them to request a change at no additional fee.
BTW Magical Express runs 24/7 so no worries but you will have to update your flight info with them ESPECIALLY for the way back to the airport.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

So my mother and I are flying in September. I just received notice that the flights have changed. Flying Delta to Boston with a 25 minute layover?? Is that enough time to catch the next Delta flight to Orlando? Then they changed our return flight to leave at 730 am!! Will magical express get us to Airport that early? Not happy that we now have a 5 hour wait at JFK. Do I have anyway to change flights! So stressed as I am traveling with my Mother who is 78 and really wanted this to be a great exe for her😪
I've left Orlando at a very early hour. In the airport food court some places are open besides breakfast options. The chinese fast food place starts serving lunch at 3am. DME runs 24/7 if there is a need to get guests to the airport predawn hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

owenzern

I wouldn't count on Magical Express. Just had a friend return from WDW and they ended up getting a taxi to and from airport. Magical Express wait time at airport was over 2 hours. For return flight, they were told pick up would be 4 hours before flight time, and they decided a $60 cab fare was worth it.

Upvote 0

ilovelabs2021

I would call the airline and see what they can do for you. Magical Express is 24/7, FYI.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Call Delta directly. Schedule changes like this are common that far into the future and even more common now as the airlines are ramping back up to normal flight schedules. If the change is more than 2 hours from your original schedule or creates an invalid connection (25 minutes would be considered that) they'll restructure your flights with no charges.
This^^^^

The airline did something similar with us with a flight we had booked for months. We ended up having to outright cancel and drive which was done without penalty.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

Definitely keep an eye out with Delta. I booked my daughter a flight for Oct. to Disney and was chatting with the agent and I said booking so far out she should be fairly secure with this flight, correct? And she said it's the opposite, she said every week or so check your emails for flight changes because they are adding new planes constantly and subsequently flight changes.

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
Definitely keep an eye out with Delta. I booked my daughter a flight for Oct. to Disney and was chatting with the agent and I said booking so far out she should be fairly secure with this flight, correct? And she said it's the opposite, she said every week or so check your emails for flight changes because they are adding new planes constantly and subsequently flight changes.
That is not unique to Delta. Every airline is ramping up capacity so they are changing flights, swapping planes on routes to larger planes, adjusting schedules and countless other changes as air travel gets back to normal from the slowdown of the last 15 months. No matter who you book with, over the next few months you should be prepared for lots of change and if you are way in the future, there might be multiple changes as they all ramp back up to full capacity. It's just the way it's going to be for a while.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

That is not unique to Delta. Every airline is ramping up capacity so they are changing flights, swapping planes on routes to larger planes, adjusting schedules and countless other changes as air travel gets back to normal from the slowdown of the last 15 months. No matter who you book with, over the next few months you should be prepared for lots of change and if you are way in the future, there might be multiple changes as they all ramp back up to full capacity. It's just the way it's going to be for a while.
Good to know, thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom