Started Dieting For Trip

TTFN-Tiggger

working on dropping 30 before my next visit. Down 13 so far and still 12 weeks to go. Maybe I can pass up my goal and drop more!! It is hard. I have eliminated all sweets and most fast food - only Subway. Once you get past the first couple of weeks it is not so bad.

MaryMcMagic

:sohappy: to Jimbo and all the others! Very inspiring!

I've really been following this thread. My dad and I have been meeting at a local park that has a walking track--3 laps= 1 mile . We have been able to walk 3-4 days a week and the weather has cooled down quite a bit so walking in the afternoon is very mild and relaxing. I'm looking to lose weight, he's looking for endurance. He sits at a computer all day so feels he needs to get used to some commando style park hopping. We leave in January. Wish us luck!

Tiggerfanatic

Jimbo, you've inspired me as well.

Finally made it to the Weight Watchers meeting (been putting it off for a month), bought my new Converses and took my first 2-mile walk this evening. Starting out with baby steps!!

JimboJones123

Original Poster
My key is work days are diet days. I have a 90 calorie Special K snack bite thingie or one of those less than 100 calorie pack of something for breakfast. An apple for lunch. And I eat about half of what a normal meal would be for dinner. Doing this for 5 days usually takes about 4 pounds off. On the weekends I splurge. I do cut back meals about 1/3 and never go back for seconds. But I do have full meals each meal on the weekends. This usually puts back on 1.5 pounds. Net loss every week = 2.5 pounds. Not bad. I just drink "a lot" to keep my tummy full during the week (and it isn't water... shhhhhh). It takes about a week or so to start shrinking your stomach. After that, it's actually really hard to force myself to eat 3 full meals on the weekends. I also excercise 30 minutes 3 days a week. Full heart rate. That is all. Thanks for keeping me going everybody. It was nice to keep the topic troll free. I leave Wed morning. Total loss for 50 days = 28 pounds.

UKHelen

Well done to everybody for losing weight!!! I leave for WDW in 26 days and all the plans to walk each day in preparation have long been forgotten and now I have a cold that's making me feel poorly. I HAVE to start by the end of this week or else I won't be able to move after the first few days at the World. If I do 30 minutes at lunchtime and a couple of miles in the evening will that be enough?:confused:

LuvtheEars

Way to go Jimbo! What an inspiration! I've been on the Elipitcal (sp?) every morning 20 minutes before the kids get up and drinking more H2O. I am not as worried about weight loss (although I should be) as I am with keeping up with the kids in the parks. LOL :D

61 days to go!:xmas:

Chux

I usually start walking with my gf a few miles every now and then right before our trip, but this time I'm subjecting myself to 30 minutes on an elliptical machine every day til I go. We leave Oct 27th and I started last Friday.

We'll see how it goes.

Lucky

My key is work days are diet days. I have a 90 calorie Special K snack bite thingie or one of those less than 100 calorie pack of something for breakfast. An apple for lunch. And I eat about half of what a normal meal would be for dinner. Doing this for 5 days usually takes about 4 pounds off. On the weekends I splurge. I do cut back meals about 1/3 and never go back for seconds. But I do have full meals each meal on the weekends. This usually puts back on 1.5 pounds. Net loss every week = 2.5 pounds. Not bad. I just drink "a lot" to keep my tummy full during the week (and it isn't water... shhhhhh). It takes about a week or so to start shrinking your stomach. After that, it's actually really hard to force myself to eat 3 full meals on the weekends. I also excercise 30 minutes 3 days a week. Full heart rate. That is all. Thanks for keeping me going everybody. It was nice to keep the topic troll free. I leave Wed morning. Total loss for 50 days = 28 pounds.
Congratulations, Jimbo! Enjoy your trip. It's a great time of year to go.

CelticRose

I too have started dieting, not only for my trip in May, but just because I know I need to lose these extra pounds. I exercise daily for about 30 minutes. For breakfast I have either Special K cereal or oatmeal, mid morning is usually a peice of fruit, lunch is one the Weight Watcher's meals and then afternoon snack is usually yogurt and then dinner, which after I exercise I only eat a half portion or I have a bowl of cereal, since I am not hungry after exercising, I also don't eat anything after 7pm. I also only limit myself to one Diet coke a day and that is with lunch, the rest of the time it is water. I have dropped 5 pounds my first week, 15 to go. 226 days until we are at WDW for our 18th anniversary. :sohappy:

popsicletrees

My doctor told me that if you excercise for 150 minutes per week it will speed up your metabolism. I walk 45 minutes 4 days a week and play racquetball three mornings a week. I also try to eat every three hours to keep my blood sugar stable. I have lost 5 lbs. and I really only wanted to lose some vanity weight, but I have really toned up just from walking. Last week I didn't touch the scale at all, I ate horribly, but I still managed to get 150 minutes in the gym. This morning I got on the scale and had maintained my weight. I walked for 50 minutes yesterday and 50 today. I plan on walking 50 tomorrow just to give me that extra boost before I leave for the World on Wednesday! Congrats Jimbo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom