Started Dieting For Trip

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Oh, the hunger pains! Well, it's officially 50 days til my trip. And the diet has begun. It actually started Sunday. Now, how I lost 3 pounds in 3 days is beyond me, but LETS KEEP IT GOING. My goal is to get down at least 15 pounds, around 2 a week. This will give me a great buffer. I have started 4-5 nights a week hourly workouts, and am well on my way. I have found that training really helps the first day or two from being VERY painful, especially pushing a stroller. Does anybody else have goals before they go to pack it back on? I actually lost 15 pounds last year too, and only put 5 back on. But with DDP, ice cream just keeps on calling.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You'll find plenty more healthy options this year than before with the DDP atleast, snag a frozen choco covered banana or two ;)

KnK

I've just given up on the dieting! I used to worry about what I looked like in the bathsuit, then one year I realized.......I don't know any of these people and who cares what I look like!

As long as the vacation clothes fit from year to year, I'm happy.

I kinda figure the extra walking and swiming make up for the extra calories!

LilRoo714

I kinda figure the extra walking and swiming make up for the extra calories!

My parents used to say that too when we went on family vacations! As if as children we had a whole lot to worry about with that high metabolism!

Anyway, congrats on your efforts paying off so far Jimbo. I can sympathize. What I found to be the most productive and effective were fast-paced walks. Not only does this prep you for lots of walking in the parks, it also burns more fat than running does because your heart is not beating as fast. Running is primarily cardio (burning all the sugar and short-term energy) while walking burns more of the stored energy because you're not exerting yourself as much. Just a tip that works for me!:wave:

brich

I actually lost 15 pounds last year too, and only put 5 back on. But with DDP, ice cream just keeps on calling.

I estimate 22 more trips to Disney at this current pace and you'll disappear completely... :lol:

50 days for me as well. I have no plans to do anything before my trip. I'll only just disappoint myself. Plus I manage to break even on my trips between my meals and the walking and the swimming and the shopping. The only weight change is in my wallet, so why bother. :D

Goodluck with your quest Jimbo...I'll be watching for you at the pastry shop in France... :animwink:

figment1985

Jimbo,

That sounds exactly like what I am doing... now that I am working full time.. I've been so lazy when I get home.. but I want to lose like 10 pounds before I go to Disney. Or at least tone some so my legs wont be aching from all the walking.

3fordisney

Goodluck with your quest Jimbo...I'll be watching for you at the pastry shop in France... :animwink:[/quote]

Oh you would mention the pastry shop. We always stop by there everytime we go to Epcot. Its soo good!!:slurp: I can just taste the goodies now!

Good luck with your dieting. We usually get started a few months before our trip to get ready for all that extra walking. I have also finally realized that I am who I am and if my Disney shirts still fit the next year, I am good!:lol:

metscool

I have been on a diet for a long time. It is called the See Food diet and the Popcorn diet. I have lost 10 pounds in the last week. All I eat is popcorn with no oil. I mean butter.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Best cheap meal at Disney. $3.75 for ham and cheese crossant.

My main goal for the diet is to pig out on vacation. I have gained 15 pounds there before, and don't mind doing that quite as much if I lose the weight before hand. Guilt free vacationing. Better than eating grilled chix the whole time.

blakesse06

hey if you plan on gaining the weight back on youre trip you will.
if you want to matain youre weight loss while at disney its acully fairly easy if you fallow thease simple guidelines:

1-drink water not soda and if you do choose soda go with diet this will save you 230cal a drink!! plus water aids in weight loss FYI( if you drink beer try to stick with a lite)

2-avoid fried anything fried foods out at disney contain high amounts of trans fat(bad for youre heart) in addition to being EXTREMELY HIGH IN FAT.
most quick sirvse locations will prvide you with fruit or pasta saild or carrots instead of fries
ie:a small mc donalds fry contains 20 grams of fat and 4.5grams trans fat!!

3-bring healthy snaks most-people dont rellize that you can bring food into disney parks(cut down on junk food intake and cash loss)

4- Dont try to use the excuse of a quick sevrise restruant to eat crap all the locations have food sutable for a diet if you look!!! thease include grilled chicken sandwitches,salds ,stir fry W/rice ECT. so there is no excuse!!
and when eating in a sit down restruant alwase get food grilled of broiled not fried.

5-sweet treats and goodies are unavoidbale BUT you can limit the amount of sweets whil you are there to once a day this way you can spulrge and still
enjoy youre farvrotes but ONCE A DAY!!!! my reson being is that the excess cals you got from that sweet or disert will be burnt off walking out in the parks but only if you cut out the calories from the outher ares like fried foods reg. soda ect.

rember diet and excercise are not a short term sultion but a life long choise
to eat helthy dosent mean you have to eat like a friggin super model just eat smart and dont take in more than you are willing to burn.

and most importantly dont forget to have fun on youre trip!!!-:wave:

(ps sorry bout the spelling spell check is 101)

ele

Account Suspended
drink as much ICE water as you can. you do know it takes 20-40 calories to warm the the ice water every time you drink it. water has no calories and with it being ice cold it helps a lil bit.

Pippa

I know the feeling with a pre trip diet!!!
I am not very big at all but I still try to lose a few lbs so I can put it back on during the trip.

Its the Kungaloosh cocktails that are my downfall!!

JimboJones123

Original Poster
hey if you plan on gaining the weight back on youre trip you will.
if you want to matain youre weight loss while at disney its acully fairly easy if you fallow thease simple guidelines:

1-drink water not soda and if you do choose soda go with diet this will save you 230cal a drink!! plus water aids in weight loss FYI( if you drink beer try to stick with a lite)

2-avoid fried anything fried foods out at disney contain high amounts of trans fat(bad for youre heart) in addition to being EXTREMELY HIGH IN FAT.
most quick sirvse locations will prvide you with fruit or pasta saild or carrots instead of fries
ie:a small mc donalds fry contains 20 grams of fat and 4.5grams trans fat!!

3-bring healthy snaks most-people dont rellize that you can bring food into disney parks(cut down on junk food intake and cash loss)

4- Dont try to use the excuse of a quick sevrise restruant to eat crap all the locations have food sutable for a diet if you look!!! thease include grilled chicken sandwitches,salds ,stir fry W/rice ECT. so there is no excuse!!
and when eating in a sit down restruant alwase get food grilled of broiled not fried.

5-sweet treats and goodies are unavoidbale BUT you can limit the amount of sweets whil you are there to once a day this way you can spulrge and still
enjoy youre farvrotes but ONCE A DAY!!!! my reson being is that the excess cals you got from that sweet or disert will be burnt off walking out in the parks but only if you cut out the calories from the outher ares like fried foods reg. soda ect.

rember diet and excercise are not a short term sultion but a life long choise
to eat helthy dosent mean you have to eat like a friggin super model just eat smart and dont take in more than you are willing to burn.

and most importantly dont forget to have fun on youre trip!!!-:wave:

(ps sorry bout the spelling spell check is 101)

thanks, but, um, I'll be disreguarding your suggestion now. Call me a Disney Fatty -- BUFFET BUFFET BUFFET!

KnK

thanks, but, um, I'll be disreguarding your suggestion now. Call me a Disney Fatty -- BUFFET BUFFET BUFFET!

We love to eat at Disney as well. We eat healthy all year. I cook most of meals. When we are there, we love going to some of the nicer places and spluging!

mufasa

I agree with blakesse06. Nothing wrong with trying to eat healthy at least for most of the day. You can enjoy yourself and still come home the same weight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom