Stars and Motor Cars Parade to leave by 2007?!?

ScrapIron

I remember when people would get upset when the same parade would drag on and on and on instead of being completely replaced every 2 years as was the norm up until about a decade ago (at least at DL).

Cheers.

DLP Fan

Wonder if the WDS parade will come the other way. Know some have criticised it but I really like it. It would obviously fit the theme of the park and would be new to most MGM guests. And its more of a traditional parade compared to Stars and Motorcars. Was never 100% keen on it.

djmatthews

Original Poster
DLP Fan said:
Wonder if the WDS parade will come the other way. Know some have criticised it but I really like it. It would obviously fit the theme of the park and would be new to most MGM guests. And its more of a traditional parade compared to Stars and Motorcars. Was never 100% keen on it.

Ahhh, someone else from Glasgow. :wave:

I never thought of that. I wonder if the parades will "switch". A great cost cutting exercise by Disney! :brick:

BigNorm

Ah man, I really like Stars and Motor Cars, but I realize that parades don't last forever at WDW and something just as wonderful will be along in short order. Sure am glad we got to see it our last trip down. That Genie car is a riot!

bluefaery

I thought it was an ok parade. It will be sad to see it go. I'm glad I got to see it when I did. Being a big fan of parades, I look foward to see what Disney comes up w/ next.

nyfrenchy

that's a good think, IMO the current parade at WDS is the worst I've seen (jan 04): the floats are really cheap looking, the parade is uninspiring and boring. The Stars & Motor Cars will look 100 times better.

djmatthews

Original Poster
I've never seen the parade at WDS. I quite liked Stars and Motor Cars, as it was a good opportunity to see a lot of characters close up and get some great photos.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If WDW gets WDSP`s Disney Cinema Parade (with the original stops) and a bit of upsizing for the larger scale of D-MGM you`ll be in for a treat (it has some of the best parade loops written for a park parade IMHO)

TTATraveler

I hope Stars in Cars would get replaced with something good. Any word on Mickey's Jungle Jam over at AK? I know both parades debuted at the same time

djmatthews

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:
I hope Stars in Cars would get replaced with something good. Any word on Mickey's Jungle Jam over at AK? I know both parades debuted at the same time

As did SADCT! All for the 100 Years of Magic celebration.

DisneyWales

Good Bye

Well im glad, as some one else has stated all the current day parades at WDW are kinda boring at the moment. The Cinema Parade at WDS (Paris) is Ok, its a bit simple, but better than Stars and Motor cars. I hope they introduce a better parade at MGM, something grand and glitzy.

Also, isn't about time Share a dream got an update, and Epcot got a new Parade?

TTATraveler

djmatthews said:
As did SADCT! All for the 100 Years of Magic celebration.

Of the 3, I figured SADCT was the most popular and wouldn't be replaced as fast as Stars and Jungle Jam. I'd like to see the Parade Stop element from Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams make its way into one of the WDW parades. Parade of dreams is well done and the music will definately get stuck in your head.

speck76

The parade would be 6 years old by then (actually...all of the day parades would)....which is much longer than the day parades are normally kept.

Probably the biggest downfall of debuting 3 parades in the same year is that they are all getting "old" at the same time......as opposed to at least 1 park always having a newer parade (if a better rotation existed)

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
The parade would be 6 years old by then (actually...all of the day parades would)....which is much longer than the day parades are normally kept.

Probably the biggest downfall of debuting 3 parades in the same year is that they are all getting "old" at the same time......as opposed to at least 1 park always having a newer parade (if a better rotation existed)

I agree. I think it's time for a change there and I doubt that all of those parades will be replaced at one time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom