Stark Expo (or "Where I Would Put Marvel Attractions if That Uni Contract Changes")

Princess Leia

Original Poster
As everyone around here knows (or should know) by now, it seems like almost every MCU character can't be used east of the Mississippi. But what if the contract changed in 2020? What if, by some miracle, Disney got the rights back for all characters that Universal wasn't actively using (but also managed to get Cap in the deal)? These are just my ideas for that situation. Because the Guardians ride is already being built in Epcot, I'm not including the Guardians (for the most part) in this consideration.

1528481853963.png
Instead of taking up more room in Epcot (where it doesn't belong, I believe the best location is Hollywood Studios. In particular, Star Tours and the space behind it. Once Galaxy's Edge takes off, insiders have stated that Star Tours probably won't be around for too much longer (though that could still mean years).

Theming

I understand that all of this could be moot after Avengers 4 (and it certainly seems that way post-Infinity War), but let's pretend this is an alternate universe. The story behind Stark Expo is that Tony Stark is hosting a large science festival in California based on various technologies. They are:
  • Stark
  • Pym
  • Wakandan
There is also a theater for visiting guest speakers, and at this visit, the speakers are Captain Steve Rogers and Sgt. James Buchanan Barnes.

Stark Tech
The first company you come across is Stark, featuring something called 'The Iron Man Experience'. The Star Tours building has been repurposed, and the video is now set in California (to tie everything in with Grand Avenue). Unlike the Hong Kong version, DHS's will have multiple outcomes, featuring guest appearances from one or two of the following:
  • War Machine
  • Captain Marvel
  • Hawkeye
  • Vision
  • Doctor Strange
Pym Tech
This part of the expo is a little more family friendly. It features two areas:
  • A play area made up of items that Scott has accidentally jumbo-sized
  • and an outdoor boat ride
    • To allow everyone the chance to be the size of an ant (roughly), Pym Tech has created technology that allows you to shrink for a designated period of time
    • Lots of overly large set pieces
      • Giant ant animatronics
      • Rubber ducks that shoot water
    • Not as intense as Splash Mountain, but more to do/look at than Kali River Rapids
Wakanda
The only large, fully enclosed pavilion, Wakanda has created a mini-embassy at the expo. It features:
  • a restaurant serving East African foods
  • a vibranium train roller coaster
Theater: "Featuring Science Marvels from our Past- Captain Steve Rogers & Sgt. Barnes"
  • Themed stunt show (lasting roughly 30 minutes) starring Cap, Natasha, Sam, Bucky, and Crossbones
  • Indoors
  • A/C & so Sam can do ‘flying’ stunts
  • Plot-
    • Set up as ‘a talk with Captain Steve Rogers and Sgt. James Buchanan Barnes’; Steve and Bucky are the featured speakers to discuss how technology altered their appearances and kept them alive for decades
    • A couple ‘Questions from the audience’ could be used as well, with Natasha as the moderator
    • all hell breaks loose mid performance as Crossbones explodes onto the scene (involves a fake wall with more set pieces behind it) with Hydra, takes Bucky
    • Sam arrives; trio fights incoming Hydra agents
    • Hydra agents disappear; Steve, Nat, and Sam come up with a plan that doesn’t end up being put into action due to…
    • … Crossbones returning with The Winter Soldier, newly activated
    • While Sam & Nat take on Crossbones on lower level, Steve & Bucky fight in upper level
    • Crossbones is defeated, and Bucky regains control over his mind
  • Queue
    • History walls of Cap & Bucky’s history, as well as SHIELD’s

Restaurants
  • Table Service (in Wakanda)
    • East African foods
  • Table Service
    • Character meal
    • Avengers ‘favorite hang out’
      • Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Black Panther, Okoye, Scarlet Witch, Peter Quill, Doctor Strange, Gamora, Captain Marvel, etc.
  • Quick service near Pym Tech
    • Standard food

Outbound

Personally I don't think Wakanda would fit animals kingdom, because the lands are seperated by continent and revolve around nature and animals. Wakanda isn't really about animals (save the rhinos) and are already within the continent of Africa. For me the interest in Wakanda is the blend of advanced technology and african culture, which seems to lend itself more to Epcot...

Crazy idea, what if Wakanda was part of the World Showcase? :bored:

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Personally I don't think Wakanda would fit animals kingdom, because the lands are seperated by continent and revolve around nature and animals. Wakanda isn't really about animals (save the rhinos) and are already within the continent of Africa. For me the interest in Wakanda is the blend of advanced technology and african culture, which seems to lend itself more to Epcot...

I’ll do you one better- Future World

But really, the best home for Black Panther is DHS, but the chances of the IP going there are probably slim to none

Twilight_Roxas

Pandora the world of Avatar doesn't have any real animals so having Wakanda in AK could work like in the Africa section could have a "secret" entrance to Wakanda or a meet & greet with the Black Panther.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom