Starcruiser Performer Shake Up

corran horn

The server staff and ship's staff all had backstories and contributed just as much to the experience in my opinion. I made a note of 3-4 of their names and gave feedback saying how special they made everything.

corran horn

I don't know how much the actors leaving were being paid, but I remember looking at two job postings for female performers for the Starcruiser and Disney was only going to be paying $19/hr. For what these performers have to do and for how many hours the experience runs, that's way too low...
Nobody involved on that side of the house is being paid enough for how special they make the experience.

kingdead

Nobody involved on that side of the house is being paid enough for how special they make the experience.
I wonder if they're running out of non-college program labor. How long do these actors have to be "in character" for--I'm assuming they come through, do a scene, toss off a few lines, and take a break? Because I can't imagine being completely on for hours on end for the same money that Doordash is advertising in the poorest areas of my state.

MagicHappens1971

I wonder if they're running out of non-college program labor. How long do these actors have to be "in character" for--I'm assuming they come through, do a scene, toss off a few lines, and take a break? Because I can't imagine being completely on for hours on end for the same money that Doordash is advertising in the poorest areas of my state.
Entertainment does 45 minutes on, 45 minutes off typically. It varies, but it’s a 2 day show. The entertainment is equity on Starcruiser. The majority of the Passenger Services crew are CPs and they work on the Starcruiser from 6-9 months. They’re just as much in the story as the actors, and they’re getting paid much less.

corran horn

Entertainment does 45 minutes on, 45 minutes off typically. It varies, but it’s a 2 day show. The entertainment is equity on Starcruiser. The majority of the Passenger Services crew are CPs and they work on the Starcruiser from 6-9 months. They’re just as much in the story as the actors, and they’re getting paid much less.
I've seen one person who was Saja Cade for us on instagram and he's been Gaston and various other characters for sure.

On the 'everyone is leaving bit' he's still there from our cruise in May. I've seen him as Raithe in photos from other voyages. I've also seen one of our Sajas as Sammie, our Sammie as a Saja, and our Lenka still as Lenka in recent pics. Captain seems the same too, though I have seen other ones.

MagicHappens1971

I've seen one person who was Saja Cade for us on instagram and he's been Gaston and various other characters for sure.

On the 'everyone is leaving bit' he's still there from our cruise in May. I've seen him as Raithe in photos from other voyages. I've also seen one of our Sajas as Sammie, our Sammie as a Saja, and our Lenka still as Lenka in recent pics. Captain seems the same too, though I have seen other ones.
That specific actor you’re referring to is still there, he currently only works on Starcruiser and occasionally on Batuu for the First Order show or as a gatherer. Most of the other performers do other equity roles within the company. Some only do Starcruiser. It’s not true that “everyone is leaving”. I’ve only heard/seen confirmed that 3-4 actors are leaving. Most were the workshop actors who have been working on this project for over 2 years and are ready for something new. It’s a very demanding role that I’m sure is underpaid.

jloucks

HC.jpeg

I don't know this actors real name, but he was by far my favorite on our voyage. IMHO the best of them all, but they were all commendable. He made it look so natural and easy. Lol, I think he was just brilliant and it probably was easy for him. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom