Starbucks Craziness

BWDVCkidsince96

Original Poster
So has anyone else been amazed/perplexed by the crazy Starbucks lines in the parks? As a Starbucks addict (I gave it up for new years actually so i recognize the foolishness of my addiction) I insisted on getting starbucks in each of the parks when we went in november, but jeez louise did I feel silly standing in those lines that were longer than some ride lines! Why waste valuable ride time standing in those lines! The only time I felt justified was when we needed whole milk for our toddler and it was hard to find elsewhere. Otherwise it felt like such a massive waste of time. I am perplexed that they aren't included in either the disney mobile ordering or the starbucks mobile ordering. At every other starbucks everywhere I just order ahead of time and pick it up quickly in the store. It is usually a 2 second transaction. In disney it is like a 45 minute hullabaloo. Is anyone else entertained by this fiasco? In epcot the line was out the door for a good chunk of the morning. crazy. thats the best word i have for it.

OK rant complete :)

PineapplePrincess

It is crazy at times, but DH and I just order black coffee (I put cream in mine) so it doesn't take very long for us. It's nice to have "good" coffee while on vacation and I think a lot of people go because they can use their snack credits.

I am Timmy

True, lines are very long, but we found they move pretty fast now that they've been open long enough to find their "groove". I, unfortunately, have no reason to go there anymore (sad face) since I only order caffeinated beverages with sugar free syrup (because I don't like my coffee to taste like coffee, lol). I used to get "skinny" frappuchinos, Starbucks has removed the the "light" mix from their line up (had 1/2 the fat and sugar as the regular base mix). And now only has 2 SF flavors (if they even have those any more).

cmb5002

I feel your pain, but for different reasons. I used to enjoy a nice ice cream sandwich at Fountain View at night. Now the ice cream and quiet fountain show is replaced by overpriced coffee and lines. And in HS they closed my favorite Starring Roles Cafe shortly after Starbucks opened. Now if I want a danish I have to wait in that god awful line. That's a hard pass for me.

KBLovedDisney

The longest I ever waited for a Starbucks coffee was about 45 minutes (like you OP)...and that was not in Disney and not in the Starbucks store. Yep, a drive thru...never again. Love their coffee but 45 minutes is just too much to wait for a coffee drink for me. However, if I am in Disney and I got some spare moments throughout the day in Epcot, I will go and get my favorite drink from Starbucks. Other than that, not waiting.

righttrack

It's mediocre coffee but certainly is better than any of the other offerings that are in the parks. I will grab my black dark roast coffee from them for that reason. Were there something decent I could get in the parks, I would.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It's mediocre coffee but certainly is better than any of the other offerings that are in the parks. I will grab my black dark roast coffee from them for that reason. Were there something decent I could get in the parks, I would.

There are Joffrey's kiosks all over the parks, all of which are equal too or better than anything you can find at Starbucks.

Club Cooloholic

So has anyone else been amazed/perplexed by the crazy Starbucks lines in the parks? As a Starbucks addict (I gave it up for new years actually so i recognize the foolishness of my addiction) I insisted on getting starbucks in each of the parks when we went in november, but jeez louise did I feel silly standing in those lines that were longer than some ride lines! Why waste valuable ride time standing in those lines! The only time I felt justified was when we needed whole milk for our toddler and it was hard to find elsewhere. Otherwise it felt like such a massive waste of time. I am perplexed that they aren't included in either the disney mobile ordering or the starbucks mobile ordering. At every other starbucks everywhere I just order ahead of time and pick it up quickly in the store. It is usually a 2 second transaction. In disney it is like a 45 minute hullabaloo. Is anyone else entertained by this fiasco? In epcot the line was out the door for a good chunk of the morning. crazy. thats the best word i have for it.

OK rant complete :)
Well a line here means less people in a ride line, I will take that trade

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom