Star Wars

julwh

Good fan websites to go to are: theforce.net and rebelscum.com, rebelscum is one about Star Wars collecting, and theforce.net about everything Star Wars.

Rebelscum is a really good site - I am online quite a bit there and belong to a toy collecting group in my area. I have met some great people there from all over the world that I trade with.

Green Lantern

Rebelscum is a really good site - I am online quite a bit there and belong to a toy collecting group in my area. I have met some great people there from all over the world that I trade with.

Agreed, Rebelscum is great. I love their annual costume contest for Halloween. I check that and force.net several times a day to get my geek fix quenched.

You bring up a great point about the friendships you developed from that site. Years back I had a letter published in an issue of a Star Wars comic and from that letter, which had my home address on it, I made a few Star Wars pen pals. It was great, we wrote each other for years before, sadly, losing touch. I think it's great that something like Star Wars can bring strangers together and make friendships. I hope to find that on here.

If anyone is looking for a fellow Star Wars pal to talk with, I'm always around.

Peaches Magee

Hyperspace has some cool features at starwars.com. My favorite being Steve Sansweet taking people through his massive Star Wars collection. There are a ton of things to do on the site. My membership just expired so I need to re-subscribe. Enjoy the site!

The Star Wars Insider magazine has some cool things in it as well. You might want to consider getting one for your flight down to FL, or drive, depending how you are getting there. They have tons of coverage on anything and everything Star Wars, updates on Indy 4, articles on collecting, questions about the movies, in depth background info on different scenes from the films, interviews, and so much more.

Good fan websites to go to are: theforce.net and rebelscum.com, rebelscum is one about Star Wars collecting, and theforce.net about everything Star Wars.

I have checked out theforce... great site, but it's been awhile, this thread is awaking my SW need more and more. hehe. I am on my way to check out rebelscum... sounds pretty wicked.
The insider mag sounds great, I will have to get one of those... but no flight for me... I am just a drive away from WDW, thankfully! :)

And as you can see... I linger around this thread... so always up for some geek talk as well. hehe

Green Lantern

I have checked out theforce... great site, but it's been awhile, this thread is awaking my SW need more and more. hehe. I am on my way to check out rebelscum... sounds pretty wicked.
The insider mag sounds great, I will have to get one of those... but no flight for me... I am just a drive away from WDW, thankfully! :)

And as you can see... I linger around this thread... so always up for some geek talk as well. hehe

The newest issue of Star Wars Insider is on newsstand now. I picked it up on my lunch break today (as well as the newest issue of Tomarts Disneyana magazine). It's issue # 98 and the cover I bought is of Han, Luke, Chewie and Leia from A New Hope. I love this magazine, I've been reading it in its various titles (I mentioned before it was the Lucasfilm Fanclub for years) since I was a teenager.

Glad to hear another person hangs around this site. I've been doing that too. I'm also glad there is someone who likes to Geek Talk as well, so any comic or Star Wars talk is always welcomed (or any other Geek subject).

Rebelscum is a good site. There is a section on it where people can post pictures of their Star Wars collection. I always check that out.

DisneySam

I saw this book at Walmart last night...it was all I could do not to purchase it eventhough it is a kids book.

51FVR9NGG6L._AA240_.jpg

Green Lantern

I saw this book at Walmart last night...it was all I could do not to purchase it eventhough it is a kids book.

51FVR9NGG6L._AA240_.jpg

Me personally, I would have bought it. It's great. I could justify buying it that it is for my kids. Even before I had kids I would have bought it.

Cool book though, great picture of Chewie.

Peaches Magee

The newest issue of Star Wars Insider is on newsstand now. I picked it up on my lunch break today (as well as the newest issue of Tomarts Disneyana magazine). It's issue # 98 and the cover I bought is of Han, Luke, Chewie and Leia from A New Hope. I love this magazine, I've been reading it in its various titles (I mentioned before it was the Lucasfilm Fanclub for years) since I was a teenager.

Glad to hear another person hangs around this site. I've been doing that too. I'm also glad there is someone who likes to Geek Talk as well, so any comic or Star Wars talk is always welcomed (or any other Geek subject).

Rebelscum is a good site. There is a section on it where people can post pictures of their Star Wars collection. I always check that out.

I will have to swing by and pick that up. They have it at B&N, or did I have to hit up my X-Treme or Tate's Comics?
Wow, rebelscum is very cool indeed! The collector stuff... my goodness! C3P0 Sealed Kellogg's! haaa! Amazing the merch!

Oh yes, well I guess us Disney people are all geeks of some form one way or another... and that, to me... always a good thing :)

Ah... wow! The Wookie book!! Ah perfect for me... I mean for my... uhh.... preschooler... :lookaroun

Green Lantern

I will have to swing by and pick that up. They have it at B&N, or did I have to hit up my X-Treme or Tate's Comics?
Wow, rebelscum is very cool indeed! The collector stuff... my goodness! C3P0 Sealed Kellogg's! haaa! Amazing the merch!

Oh yes, well I guess us Disney people are all geeks of some form one way or another... and that, to me... always a good thing :)

Ah... wow! The Wookie book!! Ah perfect for me... I mean for my... uhh.... preschooler... :lookaroun

Barnes and Noble will have the Insider. It's where I bought mine today actually.

When you join up Hyperspace, check out the featurettes by Steven Sansweet where he talks about different items from his collection. They do this quick run through his collection, oh man, it is amazing! Actually, besides that, check these links out from Rebelscum where they tour and talk about his collection. There are two parts: Part one- Rebelscum.com: The Ranch In Review and Part two-Rebelscum.com: Ranch In Review - Part Two

Steven Sansweet does a column every issue about collecting where he answers questions. I saw him once at a Star Wars Weekend. I was doing a trivia contest there and he was watching and had gifts for the contestants: an issue of Insider and this roleplaying module that came with a young Wookiee action figure.

Peaches Magee

Ah sounds very cool, will have to pick it up soon...

Haa, my little guy just saw the picture of Chewie (he will only call him Chewie) in this thread and I asked him what he was and he says "He's Chewie or Chewbacca"...I told him "Yeah but he is also a Wookie"...
then asked "What's a Wookie?"
I look back at the picture of the book on here and laughed! haha

Then he immediately brings me the DVD case from his room for Beauty and the Beast and asks me "Is he a Wookie too?" :ROFLOL:

Green Lantern

Ah sounds very cool, will have to pick it up soon...

Haa, my little guy just saw the picture of Chewie (he will only call him Chewie) in this thread and I asked him what he was and he says "He's Chewie or Chewbacca"...I told him "Yeah but he is also a Wookie"...
then asked "What's a Wookie?"
I look back at the picture of the book on here and laughed! haha

Then he immediately brings me the DVD case from his room for Beauty and the Beast and asks me "Is he a Wookie too?" :ROFLOL:

LOL That is adorable. Hopefully Chewie will be out at MGM so you can get a picture with him and your son.

Whoever plays Chewie there does an awesome job. I was so happy the day I got my picture taken with him, I felt just like Han Solo!

Do you read Wizard magazine?

Peaches Magee

Oh man... if ANY SW characters are out he will be pysched, Chewie would be great to meet! He must be HUGE!!

Wizard Magazine??.... No... do tell!

Wait don't tell me you are an HP geek too??
Oh we are gonna hijack this thread... seems we have anyways.
haha

Green Lantern

Oh man... if ANY SW characters are out he will be pysched, Chewie would be great to meet! He must be HUGE!!

Wizard Magazine??.... No... do tell!

Wait don't tell me you are an HP geek too??
Oh we are gonna hijack this thread... seems we have anyways.
haha

HP? As in Harry Potter? Yup, I'm a geek for it. Same with Lord of the Rings, Willow, The Princess Bride, any fantasy type of film, I love dragons.

Wizard is actually a magazine about comic books and pop culture. You can get it at Barnes and Noble or any comic shop.

Star Wars Weekends has some great characters around for pictures. I have photos of Vader "Force Choking" me, Stormtroopers arresting me, Boba Fett capturing me, a Tusken Raider about to pummel me with a Gaffi stick.

I really geek out a lot. I think I need help!

Peaches Magee

Ahh yes, Wizard mag... I have seen it on stand but never looked through one... sounds pretty nifty. I see on the site, looks like they cover alot of movies and horror as well... but still, pretty interesting to me regardless...

You named a crapload of my favorite movies right there. Can't forget Labyrinth, Legend & Dark Crystal!!
I never realized how true geeky I was till lately... but I embrace it...
:sohappy:

Ah that is so cool when the characters interact like that and you can get great pics! Post em up man! Most I have is a guy dressed as a Storm Trooper, slightly groping me, down at the Hollywood Hard Rock Halloween weekend...ugh. haha

Green Lantern

Ahh yes, Wizard mag... I have seen it on stand but never looked through one... sounds pretty nifty. I see on the site, looks like they cover alot of movies and horror as well... but still, pretty interesting to me regardless...

You named a crapload of my favorite movies right there. Can't forget Labyrinth, Legend & Dark Crystal!!
I never realized how true geeky I was till lately... but I embrace it...
:sohappy:

Ah that is so cool when the characters interact like that and you can get great pics! Post em up man! Most I have is a guy dressed as a Storm Trooper, slightly groping me, down at the Hollywood Hard Rock Halloween weekend...ugh. haha

Wizard covers everything from comics to TV, video games and movies. Their coverage is pretty good, though I find their web content lacking. For great comics coverage I go to newsarama.com several times a day. They update every day, through out the day. The newest issue of Wizard just came out this week in comic shops and has a picture of Heath Ledger as the Joker on the cover. It's the movie issue. Their regular issue came out about two weeks ago.

Oh man, Labyrinth, Legend and Dark Crystal are some of my favorite films. Gelfling! Awesome! Labyrinth and Dark Crystal have manga comics out now, basically coninuations of the stories (Dark Crystal has a war going on and Labyrinth has Toby back in Jarith's land). They are making a seqel to Dark Crystal actually, well, a prequel I believe, and Genddy Tartovsky (spelling?) who created Samurai Jack and who directed the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoons is directing it. Legend is an amazing film, one of the best. Tim Curry as Darkness is amazing.

What of Dragonheart or Dragonslayer? Do you like those as well?

I have to see if any of my Star Wars character pictures are already on my computer, and if so, I will see to posting them. I have a bunch though and warn you, you might think I am too geeky because of them. The Star Wars characters are really fun to pose with. I love walking around Star Tours and looking for them. I know at the Star Wars Weekends they have tons of characters out. When it isn't the Weekends I am not too sure who they have, though my Chewbacca picture was taken before they started having them so he is there. I hope you get some good pictures with them.

Peaches Magee

Wizard covers everything from comics to TV, video games and movies. Their coverage is pretty good, though I find their web content lacking. For great comics coverage I go to newsarama.com several times a day. They update every day, through out the day. The newest issue of Wizard just came out this week in comic shops and has a picture of Heath Ledger as the Joker on the cover. It's the movie issue. Their regular issue came out about two weeks ago.

Oh man, Labyrinth, Legend and Dark Crystal are some of my favorite films. Gelfling! Awesome! Labyrinth and Dark Crystal have manga comics out now, basically coninuations of the stories (Dark Crystal has a war going on and Labyrinth has Toby back in Jarith's land). They are making a seqel to Dark Crystal actually, well, a prequel I believe, and Genddy Tartovsky (spelling?) who created Samurai Jack and who directed the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoons is directing it. Legend is an amazing film, one of the best. Tim Curry as Darkness is amazing.

What of Dragonheart or Dragonslayer? Do you like those as well?

I have to see if any of my Star Wars character pictures are already on my computer, and if so, I will see to posting them. I have a bunch though and warn you, you might think I am too geeky because of them. The Star Wars characters are really fun to pose with. I love walking around Star Tours and looking for them. I know at the Star Wars Weekends they have tons of characters out. When it isn't the Weekends I am not too sure who they have, though my Chewbacca picture was taken before they started having them so he is there. I hope you get some good pictures with them.

Ah very cool... man I cannot wait for Dark Knight!! So far away! Actually a friend of mine was just telling me about a Dark Knight ARG he is playing... have you ever done those? They sound sooo fun. I might get into it. Hmmm.
Haha! Those are some great flicks huh? I grew up on all that. Ah the continuation of the stories sound good, but not really into Manga.

A prequel to Dark Crystal with Tartovsky?! Wow! I am intrigued! I take it, it will be all toon. Could be cool... though I will miss the Jim Henson Creature Shop feel that I loved so much on the original.
Oh yes, Curry as Darkness... he MAKES that film! It was just in cable a few weeks ago and I got sucked in, it is like never on! A fantasy classic. The Tangerine Dream gets stuck in your head for daaaays! hehe

Oh Dragonheart and Dragonslayer are great ones!!

Hey I don't think anyone can look cool when posing with SW or any cult characters I suspect. hehe It's all in good fun, so who cares.. bring on the geek pics!:lol:

"I want to be a Jedi" Oh I need that! Though I am just naturally drawn to the dark side... still go to have all the information on both sides right? :lookaroun

Green Lantern

Ah very cool... man I cannot wait for Dark Knight!! So far away! Actually a friend of mine was just telling me about a Dark Knight ARG he is playing... have you ever done those? They sound sooo fun. I might get into it. Hmmm.
Haha! Those are some great flicks huh? I grew up on all that. Ah the continuation of the stories sound good, but not really into Manga.

A prequel to Dark Crystal with Tartovsky?! Wow! I am intrigued! I take it, it will be all toon. Could be cool... though I will miss the Jim Henson Creature Shop feel that I loved so much on the original.
Oh yes, Curry as Darkness... he MAKES that film! It was just in cable a few weeks ago and I got sucked in, it is like never on! A fantasy classic. The Tangerine Dream gets stuck in your head for daaaays! hehe

Oh Dragonheart and Dragonslayer are great ones!!

Hey I don't think anyone can look cool when posing with SW or any cult characters I suspect. hehe It's all in good fun, so who cares.. bring on the geek pics!:lol:

"I want to be a Jedi" Oh I need that! Though I am just naturally drawn to the dark side... still go to have all the information on both sides right? :lookaroun

Batman Begins was an amazing film, and if they keep to what they did with that, Dark Knight should be even better. ARG is a type of role playing I imagine? I haven't done that, but have always wanted to try those types of games, but none of my friends are into it so I never had a chance.

I'm not really into manga, but I bought the Labyrinth and Dark Crystal ones because they are Labyrinth and Dark Crystal. I also have ones for the original Star Wars trilogy, manga adaptions of the films. They are pretty cool. Again, I got those because they are Star Wars.

Actually, the Dark Crystal sequel will be puppets and some CGI. I love the Henson Creature shops, I'm a HUGE Henson fan. I have some great books about his creature shops. Their work is top notch. I was so sad when he died.

Tangerine Dreams score for Legend is beautiful. I have the cd in my car. Do you have the DVD? Some great stuff on that. But, like you, when it is on, I have to watch it. I love how they made the unicorns look in that film. (Have you ever read The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle?)

I bought this beautiful Dragonslayer theatre poster at MGM a few years back. Right when you walk into MGM, on the left hand side, where they sell all the movie posters and stills and autographs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom