Star Wars Weekends

JBoogie

Can anybody tell me when Star Wars Weekends run at WDW? I am hoping to make a weekend trip this year for the event, I have never been. Can anyone point me in the direction of some info on it? I have looked on the Official WDW website and all I can really find is a page that says they have Star Wars Weekends. Any help would be great! Thanks!

sk4red

Hi

I was at WDW last May/June for the Star Wars weekends. They are always on for the weekends through May & June. I am going again especially for these weekends. They are great! The kids can undergo Padawan training and get to fight Darth Vader or Darth Maul. There are lots of chances to have pictures taken with SW characters and who knows you may be able to watch ROTS there as its released in May.
Fantastic events!!

sk4red

Upvote 0

JBoogie

Original Poster
So they do run through June, for the entire month? I am not able to go until the first weekend in June...I was hoping it was still going on then. I am really wanting to go because of ROTS this year, and am hoping to get to see it there too! Thanks for the info! I want to start planning really soon. Is the beginning of June normally really busy?

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I don't think anyone knows just yet.

There weren't any real weekends in 2002 because of Episode II being released. Don't know if it's going to be the same for Episode III or not.

Upvote 0

Atta83

I have heard both rumors that Turkey is talking about. But with the relase of number three there might only be one weekend, due to that Lucas is focusing on the releasin of the film. Some ppl I talked to last year at SWW said they think it would be neat to make the premiere at MGM, but I dont think its going to happen. But as the date for it comes closer we should know or hear something.

Upvote 0

JBoogie

Original Poster
This isn't good...I was really hoping to fly down for the weekend this year. Thought it would be a fun thing to do with Episode III. Oh well, I guess time will tell if they have the Weekends or not.

Upvote 0

stitchlvr

Typically it has been all weekends in May and the first 2 in June. We were there June 9-13 and hit a SW Weekend in 2004.

My husband is a big SW fan and although we loved seeing the additional characters, we felt the event weekend was not that big of a deal. He wanted to buy the limited edition plush Jedi Mickey but we were told it was sold out the first weekend. (I don't know why they don't divide up the plush and other limited items and make them available each weekend, so that everyone attending has some chance to purchase them).

Most of the "stars" attending were lesser known/more obscure characters or people like conceptual artists etc. We expected it to be the big names but both years we've attended we were disappointed with the "stars" in attendance. (we went in 2000 and 2004)

On another note, to see the stars/get autographs, you have to get a fastpass and they limit it so fast passes are gone almost immediately. They usually have 2 stars per weekend.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Typically the weekends run in May and June. I have heard the same rumors about no star wars weekends during a premiere year. However Disney’s official site lists Star Wars weekends May/June 2005. Most of the celebrities are pretty minor ones. You need to be a complete freak like me to know who they are.

Upvote 0

MissM

stitchlvr said:
My husband is a big SW fan and although we loved seeing the additional characters, we felt the event weekend was not that big of a deal.
I agree. We went -last- THIS year (I forget the year's not over yet) because we heard so much about it, but ended up leaving after only a few hours and hit MK instead. It just wasn't that spectacular. And only the one area of the park around the Star Tours ride had any theming and characters. I was expecting much more.

The only thing that was cool and I'm glad I went is we got our picture taken with Jedi Mickey. That was fun. The rest....not so much sadly.
-m

Upvote 0

egionet

If you want to get the scoop I suggest PMing mkepcotmgmak since he was very good friends with Chewbacca last year. And I think he's going back again in the spring as the same role. From what I've heard from him, Star Wars weekends this year will be Star Wars weeks because of the popularity of the event. The characters will be out all week and not just Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Upvote 0

JBoogie

Original Poster
So I guess it is something that is up in the air? Does Disney have an official announcement about it if they are going to have the event?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom